Ammo Bunker Woburn

Anyone been here yet? Me and a friend were on our way to MRA today when he realized he had forgot to pack ammo. Knowing full well that FS and Collectors are both closed on Mondays, i figured id do a quick google search for "ammo woburn ma". Much to my delight Ammo Bunker popped up and was open on Mondays! Or so i thought. When we arrived at the store location we were met with a locked door, no "be right back" sign or anything. Needless to say, we were bumming…So has anyone had anyone else had any experience with this store? I was really hoping for a good first impression, but if you guys say its worth it, I'll give it a second first impression.

I live a couple miles from the place, forget it's there, never been in. Under the radar I guess they are, will have to stop in soon.

They're closed for the next three weeks for year end inventory counts, shot shows, website updates and marketing strategy. If you have something on order or consignment you can call for info.

Isn't this the shop that charges a "membership fee" to allow you to buy items from their shop? [rofl]

I'm on the mailing list... from their email...
Even though we are closed for general walk-in business (for January), we will be open by appointment only. If you would like to consign firearms, or have a purchase in mind please let us know dates and times you would like to meet.

[email protected]

Isn't this the shop that charges a "membership fee" to allow you to buy items from their shop? [rofl]

The membership fee sort of put me off on my first visit but it is to qualify members for special discounts only. Anyone can do business there without joining. The gentleman I spoke to was polite and helpful but couldn't hook me up with the 22 rim fire I was looking for. Not his fault.

Does anyone know if they're closed down again? They were open in February as well as the previous weekend, but now I can't reach anyone either by phone or email. None of my messages are being returned.

Last edited:
The membership fee sort of put me off on my first visit but it is to qualify members for special discounts only. Anyone can do business there without joining. The gentleman I spoke to was polite and helpful but couldn't hook me up with the 22 rim fire I was looking for. Not his fault.

If they whack you for a membership... Only sell to members...

Then what sort of "special discount" can there be?
Isn't their non member, "non special" price a non sale anyway?

If they whack you for a membership... Only sell to members...

Then what sort of "special discount" can there be?
Isn't their non member, "non special" price a non sale anyway?

Been there twice when they first opened but I never bought anything. Don't get me wrong It's a nice shop and the guys seem nice enough. But I was really put off by the membership fee. I suppose it would be different if I could get a serious discount, but the truth is based on what I've seen anything I could buy there I could get cheaper at Four Season's or Collector's. Too bad because IMHO if they would drop the membership fee they would have more business than they could handle.

The owner used to run a wine club, and has somehow convinced himself that membership makes a successful business model....without having Costco prices. Basic "new"'guns store shit, at regular retail prices.

Still haven't made it down but just followed the other thread and holy smokes...$175 membership fee?? Forgot about that little gem. I'm sure they're the greatest guys on the planet but they won't see me in there any time soon if I got to pay to play. I'll continue on with Collectors and FS thank you.

Still haven't made it down but just followed the other thread and holy smokes...$175 membership fee?? Forgot about that little gem. I'm sure they're the greatest guys on the planet but they won't see me in there any time soon if I got to pay to play. I'll continue on with Collectors and FS thank you.

I never heard of the place til I just read this thread and was thinking in my head maybe a $25 membership fee....but $175......no Gracias Por Favor

Membership fee for a gun shop with no significant benefits? Sound's like this shop is setup to fail. What kind of dumb shit is that?

I've driven out of my way 2x to check this place out. Both times I arrived during normal posted hours (1pm on a Thursday and 2:30p on a Saturday) and found a locked door, I called from the parking lot to see if anyone was available phone rang and went to voicemail.

**** this place, if you're going to screw with your hours say so on your website, next time I won't bother venturing past 4 Seasons.

Shop is closed now. Sorry I posted in that much older thread, search didn't show this one due to the different spellings of bunker/bunkah.

Back
Top Bottom