• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ammo boxes damaged in shipment...

Andy in NH

NES Life Member
NES Member
Recently I ordered some OOB from Bone Frog Gun Club and the attached pictures show the condition of the packaging and the boxes when it arrived.

It appears that the box fell or was dropped from a height greater than waist height.

The ammo itself didn't look damaged, but who knows if the pellet of priming compound in the primer is cracked or damaged in a way that would prevent ignition?

This case of ammo was supposed to backfill other ammo, but now it may get pushed up to the front of the training/practice supply.

Bone Frog's FAQ page said to contact them with about damaged ammo, so I sent them an email.

Within a day William Kent (the owner) replied to my email, asking me to call him.

He included his cell phone number in the email.

When I got in touch with him, he stated that he had reviewed the pictures, apologized, and offered me a partial refund.

I asked if they were going to go after UPS for the damage and he said they would, but that that usually didn't amount to anything.

He offered the partial refund again, but I didn't accept it as the damage wasn't his fault.

We agreed that after claim with UPS was settled and the condition of the ammo was determined, that we would revisit any refund/compensation.

The next day I accidentally "butt dialed" him and he called me back right away.

I'm not happy with the way UPS treated my shipment, but very happy with the response from Bone Frog.

IMG_7388 edit.png

IMG_7397 edit.png

IMG_7391.JPG

Last edited:
Not unusual. Some of the ammo is coming in a box with an overpack box now.
FedEx is the worst around here.
Some of the other orders I get have no packing materials. Just stuff rattling around in a box.
I've complained to Larry among others but generic response.

Your lucky it was still intact. I worked at BROWN for 42 yrs. and i cant remember how many times ive seen loose ammo rolling around on the conveyor belts, on the floor, and stuck in the safety grates where the belts ran underneath the rollers.
Yes, my situation could have been much worse.

But we still started a thread about a.crinkled box corner anyways. Boomer.....😁

I apologise if the pictures distracted you from understanding that the thread is about Bone Frog's excellent customer service.

Back
Top Bottom