• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ammo Availability and Price Easing?

Livefreeormass

NES Member
Sorry if dupe... The most popular ammo, .22lr, 9mm Luger, and .223/5.56 are still scarce. But other calibers seem to be more readily available but at higher prices? I see Tulammo at LGSs... The x39 was $429/ case before tax! Walmart has been the best as far as pricing. They've had prolly 5% markups twice since last December for popular ammo, but still the lowest overall.

Anyone got more reliable/inside info on the topic to help us plan out?

It's still hit or miss. 30.06 is everywhere, yet I still have trouble finding pistol calibers. I am lucky enough to drive past walmart 2x a day on my commute, and I find either 22 or 9mm about 1 in 3 or 4 trips. I got lucky today w 300 9mm at 80$! I can't wait for this shortage to be over.

I'm really glad I went with a 40 every time a thread like this comes up. I haven't had to much trouble finding any. As a new shooter if I had a 9mm and had to search for ammo I'd be spending so much on fuel driving around I wouldn't be able to afford any if I found it. Though I would like to get 9 someday once the shortage is over.......hopefully soon.

Now my only problem is trying to find time to get to the range.

Last edited:
well the other day was the first day i saw 223 on the shelf of dicks in 5 months im stacked for all my calibers except 22lr alittle short and 38 special is a little short.

Back
Top Bottom