• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ammo at sporting goods or big box stores in MA

I am in the Merrimack Valley, the walmart in n reading and tewksbury don't have ammo. If I am near Salem, I try the walmart there, usually very little, but at least they carry. of course, i have walked out after waiting 30 minutes for a clerk to never show.

Someone also mentioned dicks sporting goods carrying, but they didn't say if it was MA.

Can anyone tell me if there is anything close to where I am. I normally purchase at one of the local gun shops if I am in the area, but keep hearing about some bargains. Reloading isn't happening, don't offer that. I am doing my best to keep the economy moving;-) Thanks.

Dicks has rifle and shotgun ammo... not sure about pistol ammo. I think the closest place would be North Shore Firearms.

Dicks has rifle and shotgun ammo... not sure about pistol ammo. I think the closest place would be North Shore Firearms.

yup, hit them and FSeasons. But saw a post about dicks having a loyalty card, plus if you purchase 100 box of blazer 9mm (which I do use) it is 19.99 or something like that. Loyalty card gives $10 off for every $150 I think, so it all adds up.

Biggest problem is that if I go there just for the ammo, and they don't have it, it is costing me way more in gas than I will ever save. Of course, impossible to call walmart to see if they have anything.

I am in the Merrimack Valley, the walmart in n reading and tewksbury don't have ammo. If I am near Salem, I try the walmart there, usually very little, but at least they carry. of course, i have walked out after waiting 30 minutes for a clerk to never show.

Someone also mentioned dicks sporting goods carrying, but they didn't say if it was MA.

Can anyone tell me if there is anything close to where I am. I normally purchase at one of the local gun shops if I am in the area, but keep hearing about some bargains. Reloading isn't happening, don't offer that. I am doing my best to keep the economy moving;-) Thanks.

Keep popping up over the border... you are so close it is patently stupid to be buying ANY ammo in MA. There is a walmart in Plaistow NH among other places, as well.

-Mike

All the Dick's discount cards I get specifically say they don't apply to ammo.

The Walmart in Hudson, NH usually has a decent amount of ammo. In South Nashua there is also Sports Authority and Dicks. Sports Authority sometimes has sales on shotgun shells, but not much else, and they don't really staff the hunting department. Dicks has a ton of rifle and shotgun ammo in the aisle and handgun stuff behind the counter. I buy most of my non-milsurp ammo at the Hudson Walmart.

All the Dick's discount cards I get specifically say they don't apply to ammo.

I use the discount cards almost exclusively to buy ammo, and it has never been a problem. It may say it on the card, but I haven't had any issues. And it does count towards your points. As I suggested on the other thread this week, if you do buy ammo at Dick's, it behooves you to get the ScoreCard. I just got another $10 cert for ammo I bought a few weeks ago.

@ OP - Dicks carries all sorts of handgun ammo. Maybe not everything, but I have seen .22, .38 Special, .357 Magnum, .380 Auto, 9MM, .40, .45, and others. They may not offer a lot of options, but they usually have the FMJ you're probably looking for, and maybe JHP in the more popular calibers. They typically have Remington, Lake City(I think that's it), more recently Blazer, and some other brands.

You do have to watch out though; you'll get these knuckleheads who will go in there and buy every last box of their 9mm or .223 when it's on sale cheap. >.>

I went to Bass Pro in Foxborough for the first time last weekend and was kind of unimpressed. Ammo prices were on level or higher than local shops, although my fiancee did find a decent price on .380 ammo, but that was all I noticed.

no pistol in plymouth

I buy handgun ammo at dicks in plymouth. Do you mean they are out of stock? Cause last I checked I bought 40, 9, 38, 357, 45 there before I started reloading.

Is this new? Have'nt been there in a few weeks but I have bought 9mm, .38, .357, .45 at Dicks Plymouth. They don't stock .32acp or .44spl

I was in there tonight, they have 380, 38 special, 9mm, 40, 45, 45 colt and 44 mag. Various loadings from range fodder to some defensive ammo.

They also had 22 lr, 223, 243, 270 30-06 and a bunch of shotgun ammo.

Walmart in Wareham has it the day they stock it, and soon after someone, not me cleanses out the 45 acp. They had 1300 rounds one day and nothing the next day on 45 only. Plenty of 9mm all the time.

Last edited:
Walmart in Wareham has it the day they stock it, and soon after someone, not me cleanses out the 45 acp. They had 1300 rounds one day and nothing the next day on 45 only. Plenty of 9mm all the time.

Do you happen to know what day they stock the ammo? I check when I'm there and it's hit or miss.

Take a drive up to Riley's in NH and pick up 1000 rounds of what you need (no tax and good prices in bulk)...should be good for at least a week (or two). [smile]

I used my $10 off coupon the other day to buy ammo at Dicks, no issue at all. I usually call Dick Sport ahead of time, to make sure they have what I want in stock, and they have no issue holding them for me.

Last edited:
Someone had already mentioned but Plaistow, NH Walmart has some selection. It gets cleaned out every so often but if you call ahead they will let you know certain calibers in stock. Also if your up that way there is two other Gun Shops right along the same road a bit further up so no trip is wasted.

Someone had already mentioned but Plaistow, NH Walmart has some selection. It gets cleaned out every so often but if you call ahead they will let you know certain calibers in stock. Also if your up that way there is two other Gun Shops right along the same road a bit further up so no trip is wasted.

Could you tell me those other 2 shops, I am unaware of them or someone else mentioned Rileys. I am closer to 93 than plaistow, but will take the drive there if its worth it.

I'd say North Shore Firearms would be your best bet for distance and value.

Could you tell me those other 2 shops, I am unaware of them or someone else mentioned Rileys. I am closer to 93 than plaistow, but will take the drive there if its worth it.

Both are within 5 minutes of each other and only 5 minutes up the road if that from Walmart.

http://statelinegunsammoandarchery.com/
153 Plaistow Rd
Plaistow, NH 03865

http://www.guns.comcastbiz.net/
Dave's Sporting Goods
111 Plaistow Road Plaistow, NH 03865
(603) 382-0408

Now don't go buying up all my ammo now :)

Back
Top Bottom