Amish Girl, Shot Dead In Buggy By Man Cleaning Gun

Define ‘stupid’. Who will determine what is ‘stupid’? Will the definition of ‘stupid’ infringe upon the rights of stupid Americans? Can the government determine who is ‘stupid’ and who id not ‘stupid’? Should ‘stupid’ people have any other rights infringed upon?

Stupid people should not own guns!
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ - Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Do you even read your own sigs?

Re: "stupid people should not own guns" : Lets not get carried away trying to analyze and/or attack what I wrote, guys! Just a comment of frustration because some dimwit is not using common sense and the due care (and the responsibility that goes with it) that owning a gun demands. And yes, SHADOWS, I am well aware of my NES sig and of my 3 Sigs (Sauer). I'm sure your tune would change if one of your kids was on the receiving end of such an irresponsibly discharged weapon.

I completely agree with the statement that stupid people shouldn't own guns.

That's a common sense statement that only a fool would disagree with. It's not at all the same as saying that the government should get to decide who's stupid and prohibit them from owning guns. That's a statement that only a statist would agree with.

Ken

I don't know, I've met plenty of guys that are not exactly Mensa material who are good, safe shooters. It's the guys who think they know it all who are the dangerous ones.

Back
Top Bottom