• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Amherst College on lockdown amid search for person with a gun

Reptile

NES Member
People on the Amherst College campus are being asked to seek shelter in a locked building while police conduct a search south of campus

Amherst College on lockdown amid search for person with a gun

Amherst College on lockdown, police searching for person with gun

AMHERST, Mass. (WWLP) - The lockdown at Amherst College has been lifted and police have located the individual they say had a gun Wednesday night.

Amherst College tweeted just before 9:30 p.m, alerting the community to take shelter in a locked building while state and local police searched for a “potentially suicidal person” with a gun.

Amherst College said, "We believe the individual is not associated with the college."

Amherst Police, campus and State Police searched the woods south of campus for the person, who was located, causing the shelter-in-place to be lifted after 11:10 p.m. Wednesday night.

AC Alert: Amherst, State and ACPD are searching the woods south of campus for a potentially suicidal person with a gun. Please take shelter in a locked building until further notice.

We have no further info at this time, but will post more as soon as details are available.

— Amherst College (@AmherstCollege) March 14, 2019
Amherst College said further information about the incident will be released shortly. The campus is located at 220 South Pleasant Street in Amherst.

EDIT UPDATE:

AC Alert Update: Amherst PD has located the individual. The shelter-in-place order is lifted. An email to the community will follow shortly.

My 6 year old daughter is in 1st grade and knows about basic firearms handling and safety. I pointed out the local McDonald's near her school. I told her that if any lockdown happens, she is to run from the school straight there and call me or her mother from there. If she gets suspended or expelled, so what. Better than being trapped and slaughtered like a helpless sheep! There are plenty of other schools she can attend, but she has to be still alive to do so!

My 6 year old daughter is in 1st grade and knows about basic firearms handling and safety. I pointed out the local McDonald's near her school. I told her that if any lockdown happens, she is to run from the school straight there and call me or her mother from there. If she gets suspended or expelled, so what. Better than being trapped and slaughtered like a helpless sheep! There are plenty of other schools she can attend, but she has to be still alive to do so!
That is some good advice.

You don't have to be the fastest to survive - you just have to be faster than the slowest.

Let the sheep await their slaughter while you daughter escapes with her life.

I feel safer.

"He's going to commit suicide. We better go into lockdown." Ummm, let's think on that for a second. Are we worried about blood-borne issues if we get splattered?

I told mine the same when he was in school.
GTFO at any cost .
If someone tried to stop you , go around them or through them.

Back
Top Bottom