Ame's Rifle& Pistol in Easton Ma

I did a search and only came up with about 2 or 3 hits and though I'd just ask.

Does anyone have the Good, Bad and the Ugly on this place.

they are soooo close to my home and think I'd like to join there... just want to see if anyone is/has been there.

Madmarc0 from here is also a member. I think he said the range goes out to 200 yards. Him and the guys from Zero Hour usually shoot there on Sundays, including full auto stuff.

I'm a member also. Saturday mornings are a good time to go as they usually have a work party and there are a good number of members.

The rifle range is 300 yards, the shorter range is 100 yards, and the plinking/combat range has steel targets at various distances. The plinking and rifle ranges have indoor shooting positions that are (I think) heated. There is also an indoor 25 yard range.

Gary

I just joined this club, so far I have found the people to be friendly. The 300yrd range has paper and steel which is fun. You shoot out of a house so you stay warm and dry. The outdoor pistol is the same and has alot of steel to shoot at.

Thanks all!

icyclefar, I will surely PM you when I'm ready to check the place out.

This place is less then 2 miles from my home so.... It's nice to know that it is a decent one.

If anyone would like to join Ames please feel free to call the club by checking online or call us at Zero Hour at 508-584-0291.
Like has been said previously, this is a nice club and the people are usually friendly.
Any of the members here who offered to show any prospective new members the club are welcome to come and check it out.

Last edited:
Thanks Marc

JMG.jpg

Last edited:
CRAP!!!

I just read this today [sad2]

Sorry I missed this. I was hoping to make this too.

Oh well.

I'll most likely be looking to join over there sometime in the next month or so... depending on the wifes new job [wink]

Thanks again for the info guys.

Matt, This was just another Sunday, If you would like to join please feel free to call Jim at Zero Hour 508-584-0291 or get an app. at the club.

Last edited:
I didn't notice this anywhere on the website so figured i would ask here before emailing the club. How much is it to join for the first year? With yearly dues, initiation fees and all of that combined? Been thinking of joining Hanson but this seems like a great club with some nicer features. thanks in advance

The first meeting of the year is tomorrow night. If I can get to it, I'll ask about that. I *think* it's $205.00 for the first year, with $50.00 refunded if you attend a number of work parties. I think that requirement is only 4 hours, but again I'm not sure.

Here is the first year dues break down

Initiation Fee $84.00
Dues $105.00
Work Party $50.00

The Work Party fee is refundable if you attend a work party. If you do that, the first year is $189.00. If you don't, the fee is $239.00 for the first year. You pay that amount up front, of course.

Gary

Last edited:
I didn't notice this anywhere on the website so figured i would ask here before emailing the club. How much is it to join for the first year? With yearly dues, initiation fees and all of that combined? Been thinking of joining Hanson but this seems like a great club with some nicer features. thanks in advance

As a new member, I can tell you I am enjoying it. Everyone I have met so far has been great and the ranges are very nice.

Matt: We may be down there this coming Sunday with some other NES members. Are you planning on going? I'll see if Jim and the Zero Hour gang are going too.

At ames whats the closest distance you can shoot steel/reactive targets with a rifle? In the pics i see steel at the end of the range can it be shot any closer?

At ames whats the closest distance you can shoot steel/reactive targets with a rifle? In the pics i see steel at the end of the range can it be shot any closer?

They have the 50 yd range with a TON of steel/reactive targets.

Plus I think they have others that you can set up closer as well.

Is it for centerfire rifles?

The steel is set up on the "Reactive Pistol Range"

"Reactive metal targets are set up from 15 feet to 50 feet. Pistols up to .45 caliber and shotguns with shot (no slugs) are allowed on this range. NO BOTTLENECK CARTRIDGES ARE TO BE USED ON THIS RANGE EVEN IF SHOT FROM A PISTOL."

http://www.amesrpclub.com/pages/tour1.php

http://www.amesrpclub.com/assets/cdimages/P7030018.JPG`

The steel is set up on the "Reactive Pistol Range"

"Reactive metal targets are set up from 15 feet to 50 feet. Pistols up to .45 caliber and shotguns with shot (no slugs) are allowed on this range. NO BOTTLENECK CARTRIDGES ARE TO BE USED ON THIS RANGE EVEN IF SHOT FROM A PISTOL."

http://www.amesrpclub.com/pages/tour1.php

http://www.amesrpclub.com/assets/cdimages/P7030018.JPG`

HAHA... Thats cause of me, I think, anyways... And the same restriction on the indoor range... Though I never actually did it, I told a few of the guys on the Executive Board I was gonna shoot my FN FiveseveN downstairs. They didn't think it was such a good idea. :)

--EasyD

The pictures clearly show steel targets on the 100Y rifle range. Is the steel only at 100Y or can it be shot closer?

More steel is going in as part of an ongoing upgrade. This was mentioned at the January meeting. I can't remember the details, but I think there is going to be some targets on the 200 and 300 yard lines and maybe at the 50 yard line on the 100 yard range.

If I get to the meeting tomorrow night, I'll try to remember to ask.

Gary

The pictures clearly show steel targets on the 100Y rifle range. Is the steel only at 100Y or can it be shot closer?

I think I remember seeing a gong located at 50 yard on the 100yard range last time I was there.

You could always being your own steel and step it up a a safe distance.

The problem is the steel get beat up real fast at close range with a rifle

Back
Top Bottom