Ameriglo night sights now available for M&P Shield

robmcd

Instructor
I just ordered a set of these SW-141 i-Dot night sights for my M&P Shield directly from www.ameriglo.com. They also have conventional 3-dot sights available. Both are made specifically for the Shield. My guess is that Brownell's will have them soon, but I didn't want to wait.

SW-141.jpg

I have the same ones, and love them. Very quick to acquire, but haven't been to range to completely sight them in. I have an m&p sight tool if you need one.

I have the same ones, and love them. Very quick to acquire, but haven't been to range to completely sight them in. I have an m&p sight tool if you need one.

Thanks for the offer. I have an MGW M&P sight pusher, and think I have figured out how to use is on the narrower Shield slide. If not, I'll use a Delrin drift punch.

Got a set of the Ameriglo I-dots for the Shield yesterday. Went to put them on today and two things:

1. I hadn't noticed before but the factory front sight was way off center. I've only shot about 150 rounds through it and I seem to remember it being accurate enough, and it took a good deal of force to get it out so I'm guessing it came from the factory like that. The manual says sight adjustments should only be done on the front. Only thing I that has me questioning is:

2. The Ameriglo front sight slides right through the sight channel by hand.

I'll call Ameriglo/S&W on Monday to confirm the measurements for the sights/sight channel. In the meantime has anyone put I-dot's on their Shield and how was the fit?

Just purchased these sights for my Shield. I was waiting for the Trijicon HDs, but got sick of waiting and decided to try the Ameriglo. Are you guys still liking them and how are they holding up? Will be getting them installed next week because I don't feel like trying to mess with the infamous stuck Shield rear sights.

Back
Top Bottom