• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

America's obituary

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
THIS IS SAD---- BUT THINK ABOUT IT AFTER YOU READ

IT , THEN READ IT AGAIN!!!!!!

In 1887 Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of Edinburg, had this to say about the fall of the
Athenian Republic some 2,000 years prior: "A democracy is always
Temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent
Form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until
The time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous
Gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority
Always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from
The public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally
Collapse over loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a
Dictatorship."

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the Beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 Years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage."
The Obituary follows:

" United States of America ", Born 1776, Died 2016
It doesn't hurt to read this several times.

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning...The last Presidential election:

Number of States won by: Obama: 19 Romney: 29
Square miles of land won by: Obama: 580,000 Romney: 2,427,000
Population of counties won by: Obama: 127 million Romney: 143 million
Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Obama: 13.2 Romney: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Romney won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country.

Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low Income tenements and living off various forms of government WELFARE..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of Democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population Already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase..

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million Criminal invaders called illegal’s - and they vote - then we can say...Goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years .

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
So false and bad, its hard to believe you think this is legit.

First started with Bush and Gore in 2000, then updated with McCain, then Obama and Romney.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/athenian.asp

Interesting piece you left out...

"In the 2000 U.S. presidential election, George W. Bush won most of the states that are net beneficiaries of federal spending programs, while Al Gore won most of the states that are net contributors to federal spending."

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So false and bad, its hard to believe you think this is legit.

First started with Bush and Gore in 2000, then updated with McCain, then Obama and Romney.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/athenian.asp

Interesting piece you left out...

"In the 2000 U.S. presidential election, George W. Bush won most of the states that are net beneficiaries of federal spending programs, while Al Gore won most of the states that are net contributors to federal spending."
you use the words false and bad.

And you missed the point.

Maladies and gentlemen, we have a Bernie supporter here!

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
you use the words false and bad.

And you missed the point.

Maladies and gentlemen, we have a Bernie supporter here!
Assume much?
jump_conclusions-600x356.jpg

My use of "false" and "bad" were in reference to the fact that the post was entirely bogus.

I hate all politicians regardless of party affiliation, I am a fan of the truth.

It seems you missed the point, not me.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Assume much?
View attachment 159430

My use of "false" and "bad" were in reference to the fact that the post was entirely bogus.

I hate all politicians regardless of party affiliation, I am a fan of the truth.

It seems you missed the point, not me.
you didn't explain your use of false and bad. Hence a Bernie supporter.

And since you hate all politicians and refuse to take a stand, well, you're spineless too.

what is false about the op and what is bad about the op and why don't you have a spine?

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
That escalated quickly.

IBTL. If I remember right, this thread was a dumpster fire the last time it got posted, too.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
you didn't explain your use of false and bad. Hence a Bernie supporter.

And since you hate all politicians and refuse to take a stand, well, you're spineless too.

what is false about the op and what is bad about the op and why don't you have a spine?
Your reading comprehension skills are severely lacking. Go back and read the link I posted, then read my comments about "false" and "bad", and get back to me.

And how is thinking that all politicians are corrupt spineless?

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Explain the false and bad. Tired of bomb throwers. Once you explain your "false and bad" I'll destroy your argument then also.
The data was "false", the argument was "bad". The only thing you have destroyed is your credibility. You either have some serious anger issues, or have been hitting the bottle hard early today.

Relax.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The data was "false", the argument was "bad". The only thing you have destroyed is your credibility. You either have some serious anger issues, or have been hitting the bottle hard early today.

Relax.
Which data was false? Which argument is bad? And why?

Not real angry tonight. Just tired of someone posting something mostly true and mostly accurate and getting hammered for it and the hammerer not bothering to post the why and why not of it.

Is it your position that the country is doing just ducky? That things are going swimmingly? That the American people are awesome and not dependent? Is it your position that the transfer of taxes from my pocket to yours is a good thing? Is it your position that the US is not in decline?

Never mind. You are not invloved in your civic duty and couldn't care less. I got that from your previous post.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Which data was false? Which argument is bad? And why?

Not real angry tonight. Just tired of someone posting something mostly true and mostly accurate and getting hammered for it and the hammerer not bothering to post the why and why not of it.

Is it your position that the country is doing just ducky? That things are going swimmingly? That the American people are awesome and not dependent? Is it your position that the transfer of taxes from my pocket to yours is a good thing? Is it your position that the US is not in decline?

Never mind. You are not invloved in your civic duty and couldn't care less. I got that from your previous post.
Wow. The stupid is strong with you.

Go read the link I posted. All I said was that the data in the original post was incorrect.

I said nothing about the state of our nation.

If you understood National politics you would know your vote is meaningless because of the electoral college, so no matter who you support, MA always votes Democrat. So get off your high horse about civic duty.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wow. The stupid is strong with you.

Go read the link I posted. All I said was that the data in the original post was incorrect.

I said nothing about the state of our nation.

If you understood National politics you would know your vote is meaningless because of the electoral college, so no matter who you support, MA always votes Democrat. So get off your high horse about civic duty.
And mega fail.

Attacks on the the OP and attacks on me.

you can throw bombs at the OP but can't back them up.

IBTL

Waste of time with you. Good night.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
And mega fail.

Attacks on the the OP and attacks on me.

you can throw bombs at the OP but can't back them up.

IBTL

Waste of time with you. Good night.
Typical. Get angry, escalate and attack me, offer no substance, pout, play victim, take ball go home.

I remember you from 8th grade.

je25ff

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
"A democracy is always
Temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent
Form of government.
Which is why this is a republic, not a democracy. I've seen head explosions from people when saying we don't live in a democracy.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Which is why this is a republic, not a democracy. I've seen head explosions from people when saying we don't live in a democracy.
You can have democratic republics and republican democracy.

Democracy - a system of government by the populace.

Republic - a system of government where officials (usually elected) govern in accordance with laws.

They are not mutually exclusive, but they are also independent. (IE you can have both, or either).

Was the country established as a democracy? No, it was established as a federation of states, with the Federal government being a mix of democratic representatives (the House) and State representatives (the Senate). However, with the Constitutional amendment providing for direct election of senators and the development of parties to control the electoral college, the USA is a de-facto democracy.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Conky loves this thread. That's why I have to close it.
(Nsfw)
[video=youtube_share;BgprEgdwoLE]http://youtu.be/BgprEgdwoLE[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom