• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Americans Bought Enough Guns on Black Friday to Arm the Marine Corps – Yet Again!

mikeyp

NES Member
1575309337277.png

1575309275734.png

According to the FBI, over 200,000 background check requests associated with the purchase of a firearm were submitted to the agency on Black Friday, marking the second highest gun sales day ever. The previous record was set on the day after Thanksgiving in 2016. In both 2017 and 2016, enough guns were potentially purchased on Black Friday to arm every active duty United States Marine.
11252017x2.png

USA Today reported that, in total, the FBI states they fielded 202,465 requests during the 24-hour period associated with Black Friday, just under the prior record of 203,086.
11252017x5.png

The background checks are required for firearms purchases from federally licensed dealers, so the number does not necessarily reflect the actual number of sales that took place.
In some cases, a single background check could be associated with more than one gun purchase if a shopper decided to buy more than one during a single trip. Additionally, not all who apply are ultimately approved, so some applications would not result in a purchase.
11252017x4.png

In 20 states, individuals with a concealed carry permit are exempt from the background check requirement, based on guidelines set by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), so they could make a purchase without having to send additional information to the FBI, leaving those sales potentially uncaptured by the FBI’s background check application data.
11252017x1.png

However, if the numbers even somewhat accurately capture the number of firearms sold, Americans purchased enough guns to arm every member of the approximately 182,000 active duty US Marines.
11252017x6.png

Much of the activity can likely be associated with the numerous sales and rebates gun manufacturers and sellers offered on Black Friday.
These numbers also do not take into account firearms which were purchased online. Those firearms will then be shipped to a license seller in the purchaser’s area and a background check will be done when they pick up the firearm, so those checks could be spread out over the following weeks.

Over 200K guns in one day. WOW.

Liberals will cry when they read about that number.

I admit it, I was one of them, the prices were so darn cheap it was hard to resist.

I snagged one of these from CDNN, the final price is less than half the MSRP:

View attachment 315917
I didnt see that posted on the Deals and Steals thread. :(

I did half my part - I ordered a 300BLK upper on Friday. After looking at it for about at month. The place I wanted it from was still as-cheap or cheaper than any sale I found on or before BF. Joeboboutfitters. They also put on a different muzzle device for me. Should be here today! THAT's fast!

View attachment 315916

View attachment 315915

According to the FBI, over 200,000 background check requests associated with the purchase of a firearm were submitted to the agency on Black Friday, marking the second highest gun sales day ever. The previous record was set on the day after Thanksgiving in 2016. In both 2017 and 2016, enough guns were potentially purchased on Black Friday to arm every active duty United States Marine.
11252017x2.png

USA Today reported that, in total, the FBI states they fielded 202,465 requests during the 24-hour period associated with Black Friday, just under the prior record of 203,086.
11252017x5.png

The background checks are required for firearms purchases from federally licensed dealers, so the number does not necessarily reflect the actual number of sales that took place.
In some cases, a single background check could be associated with more than one gun purchase if a shopper decided to buy more than one during a single trip. Additionally, not all who apply are ultimately approved, so some applications would not result in a purchase.
11252017x4.png

In 20 states, individuals with a concealed carry permit are exempt from the background check requirement, based on guidelines set by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), so they could make a purchase without having to send additional information to the FBI, leaving those sales potentially uncaptured by the FBI’s background check application data.
11252017x1.png

However, if the numbers even somewhat accurately capture the number of firearms sold, Americans purchased enough guns to arm every member of the approximately 182,000 active duty US Marines.
11252017x6.png

Much of the activity can likely be associated with the numerous sales and rebates gun manufacturers and sellers offered on Black Friday.
These numbers also do not take into account firearms which were purchased online. Those firearms will then be shipped to a license seller in the purchaser’s area and a background check will be done when they pick up the firearm, so those checks could be spread out over the following weeks.
And exactly zero of those guns were brand new select-fire M16A4s like the USMC issues.

Good. Maybe some of the country is finally waking up and starting to prepare for the worst.

Got a new 1911 for myself and just ordered 7 more Wilson Combat mags for it the other day on eBay. No issues so far with them sending here to ComBloc East.

View attachment 315916

View attachment 315915

11252017x2.png

11252017x5.png

11252017x4.png

11252017x1.png

11252017x6.png

Is that a m203 under the first guys m4 ?

I thought you might get a good laugh out of this.

I sent this to a group of friends. Many of you know that one guy I told you about that used to be a full blown Libertarian and then read some book, got married and turned into a b*tch.

This was his reply today, follow by my reply to his stupidity...

Screenshot_20191202-175937_Gallery.jpg SmartSelect_20191202-175844_WhatsApp.jpg

My boy is 2 years in with them. NOBODY in the Marine Corps has a new rifle. From his comments, most of their equipment is yard sale cast offs.
You never forget your first love.

I bet many Marines would pay a fortune to have the same rifle they slept with in boot camp. Or, the same rifle they carried in battle.

I hear Marines never forget the serial number of the rifle they were issued in boot camp.

The more classes I take with a gun the more I get attached and find the gun has sentimental value.

Having a gun save your life must make a person love that gun exponentially.

The OP article said something very important...

The gun purchase numbers don't include all the online sales.
With so many people ordering online - I bet the numbers are even higher when those background checks get run.

From the above:

"In 20 states, individuals with a concealed carry permit are exempt from the background check requirement, based on guidelines set by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), so they could make a purchase without having to send additional information to the FBI, leaving those sales potentially uncaptured by the FBI’s background check application data. "

Where is that, exactly? Even with a license, as I understand it, if you buy a gun from an FFL, you get a check. Period. It would make sense that if you have an active license that you had to go through background checks, fingerprints, etc. to get, that you wouldn't need yet another one when buying the gun. But I was not aware this was possible in twenty states. Can anyone confirm or refute this?

Back
Top Bottom