• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ambush reporter out on the street.

The reporter who harassed a Dallas business owner (who shot two burglars within three weeks) loses her job.

Link to full report and video:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=121_1205156683

[snip]
It's over at Fox4 for reporter Rebecca Aguilar

By ED BARK

Rebecca Aguilar's 14-year career as a Fox4 reporter has officially ended via a letter from an attorney representing the station.

In a telephone interview Wednesday night, Aguilar, 49, said she was checking her mail at mid-afternoon that day when she noticed an envelope under her front door mat. It informed her that Fox4 was exercising an option to drop her at the halfway point of a two-year contract that began on March 6, 2007.

"No doorbell, no knock on the door," said Aguilar, who had been on paid suspension since Oct. 16th following her controversial interview with an elderly West Dallas salvage business owner who had shot and killed two alleged burglars within three weeks time.

The interview had been hotly debated in both Dallas and around the country. Some accused Aguilar of "ambushing" a feeble old man; others said she had been aggressive, but not unduly so, in getting a story that rival stations also wanted on their newscasts.

The suspension came less than two weeks after Aguilar had accepted the Broadcast Journalist of the Year award from the National Association of Hispanic Journalists. Three other Fox4 staffers connected with the story belatedly received suspensions lasting less than a week combined.

"I just think it's really sad that I gave this company 14 years and I did about 6,000 interviews," Aguilar said. "And now I'm out of a job because of one interview? It's like in one swoop it ruined my reputation. It ruined my name." [/snip]

Yes, after she tried to ruin his name.

Last edited:
All I have to say is "good riddance, bitch". She got what she
deserves for trying to smear some old man just trying to protect
his business.

Seriously, what the hell was she trying to do? Make the viewers
feel bad for the the dead thieves by demonizing the person they
were robbing? [thinking]

-Mike

Well deserved firing.

All I have to say is "good riddance, bitch". She got what she
deserves for trying to smear some old man just trying to protect
his business.

Seriously, what the hell was she trying to do? Make the viewers
feel bad for the the dead thieves by demonizing the person they
were robbing? [thinking]

-Mike
Yep. That's what she THINKS her duty is. [frown]

I think this is excellent. I just wish more of this liberal jackass reporters would get their walking papers handed to them.

We have to be wary of feeling sorry for these people. Reporters like this woman and all the others who have gone around this country for decades spreading BS and lies are of course going to cry when it finally catches up to them. The reality is that they are just getting what was coming to them for a long time. Good riddance.

Life has a way of dealing with d*ckheads.

About twelve years ago I was fired by a manager who would create a crisis by giving me incorrect information so he could look good. I found him in the shipping department yesterday packing equipment. Now I make more money than he does. [laugh]

No need for revenge but made sure I said hello. Had a good laugh as he turned red, then white. What goes around, comes around. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom