• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ambulance breaks down in Detroit on NYE amidst gun fire

Someone showed me this video at work today. Looking for a better source, but the video looks pretty legit. Enjoy:

I see Detroit knows how to party.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised Detroit still has ambulance service at this point.

-Mike

Make guns illegal, that would never happen in a city with tough gun laws...Oh wait...

The anchors, Charlie, the cell video, and the edits all come together perfectly. If Robocop had busted in at some point it would have seemed about right. With all of its problems, there is just something very ridiculous about Detroit.

I was watching a recent episode of The Simpsons and Detroit was mentioned, Moe the bartender said "those people are living in Mad Max times", which really isn't far from the truth.

1270403530a1270853999b526167961ml.jpg

[rofl]

This is an opportunity for Gov't Motors to step up to the plate and at least fix Engine/Transmission Issues in any of their chasis under those ambulances!

This is an opportunity for Gov't Motors to step up to the plate and at least fix Engine/Transmission Issues in any of their chasis under those ambulances!

I think Detroit uses Ford chassis currently, but I'm not 100% sure. The problem is not with the manufacturer, but with the lack of any sort of fleet maintenance by DFD. Charlie LeDuff has been covering this issue for the past several years. The Mayor(s) and Commissioner(s) have continuously promised to fix the problems with the city's EMS system, but nothing has come of it. Last year, they promised to buy 20 new ambulances, but haven't received one as of yet.

They have a history of harassing employees who go public with problems like this and LeDuff has a history of calling on it.

BTW, Detroit announced that they are closing police stations to the public from 4:00PM to 8:00AM to save money.

Video sounded like a war zone there yet not one legal gun owner in the bunch Im sure and no legal guns either, Hey libs,make some more laws against law abiding owners.That will fix it. LOL

Lawrence, Worcester, Springfield and Boston are next in line.
I live in w.mass, I grew up near Detroit. As crappy as the #12 on the most dangerous cities list is (Springfield), it's an absolute paradise compared to Detroit. You could get killed just because someone is bored in that city. Nothing in Mass compares, even combined.

So the Paramedics carry equipment and medication that can save someone else's life. But can not carry a firearm at work to protect thier own life, in that hell hole.

Doesn't the Geneva Convention frown on this, in a war zone??? I think a war zone is an inept description of current day Detroit.

Luckily they were not the target of the "people who can have guns" (sarcasm).

WTF.... How do you do that job? I mean it. Trucks that break down, in a city with that much random gunfire... How do you not just move? You have a valuable skill set, you can go to almost anywhere.

I don't get it. Bravo to them, they need a raise.

I guess it was too hot for medivac choppers to land, they need to secure the LZ, lay down some cover fire and get artillery on those buildings. Welcome to Detroit-Rock-City.

Sounds like those guys need mechanics and close air support.

I think Detroit uses Ford chassis currently, but I'm not 100% sure. The problem is not with the manufacturer, but with the lack of any sort of fleet maintenance by DFD. Charlie LeDuff has been covering this issue for the past several years. The Mayor(s) and Commissioner(s) have continuously promised to fix the problems with the city's EMS system, but nothing has come of it. Last year, they promised to buy 20 new ambulances, but haven't received one as of yet.

They have a history of harassing employees who go public with problems like this and LeDuff has a history of calling on it.

BTW, Detroit announced that they are closing police stations to the public from 4:00PM to 8:00AM to save money.

Never heard of this problem until the OP posted it...

Note... "Amber Lamps" at 2:30

[rofl]

FW5gr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom