Amazon stooping to new lows

djbradles

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
https://www.engadget.com/2019-10-20-amazon-shipping-expired-food.html

I’ve spent lots of money through Amazon over the years. I’ve been through several Prime accounts. I have never seen many issues over those years either.

Things have changed considerably over the last year particularly with hunting goods I’ve purchased. Some offered through Amazon, second party, third party, green party, etc.
I’ve returned a few trail cameras. I returned an sd card reader to also find the replacement failed as well. I recently just setup this Summit tree stand after the second replacement only to find out that one of the ladder welds was shortened making the bolt hole impossible to thread.

It’s not a biggie to redrill one of course but powder coat damage, visible rust, dings, and both tree stands being open box with zip ties already cut tells me they were manufacturer store returns. These were sold as new “fulfilled by Amazon”. Now they show up as only 3rd party buys at a higher price.

Amazon will not allow me to place any feedback due to “Community Guidelines” and lack of established presence there. I’ve been with them for too many years. Covert tactics on their part to not muddy their reputation further. They have a third party problem.

Last edited:

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
i cringe when i order via amazon and have no seller options except them. i like to use 3rd party vendors but sometime you don't get a choice. but food, if you're ordering food that they stopped manufacturing over 2 years prior like mentioned in the article...well, order at your own risk.

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I've been Amazon free for almost 3 months. Their customer service has morphed into a customer disservice department. Customer service reps are not empowered to fix anything. All they can do is read you the policy.

Eff them...

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm not sure what everyone's issue is.

I never had any problems returning an item.

I never had any issues getting a new item sent to me when mine didnt arrive (stolen?).

It is just soooooo easy to use. I dont even need to call support, just go online and use the chat function. They will solve your issue a lot faster.

The only time I noticed an issue is if I order 3 pants in one order and return 2. For some weird reason their system is expecting 3 back and will send you an email saying an item is missing and will charge you for all 3 (this was a year ago). Go online, chat with them and they will fix it. They acknowledge this was an automated Email from their system that needed to get fixed.

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Here's an experience I shared on FaceBook...

"Amazon keeps getting worse and worse IMHO.

At one time I felt they were customer centric and friendly, but now they've created a rats nest of poor customer service to confound and manipulate customers.

To be sure they've located their live customer service off shore and use some strange technology in a poor attempt to hide the accents of the folks who answer the phone. And sadly these folks are given the responsibility to force unfriendly customer service policies down the throats of customers but with no authority to fix the problems.

If I've not received my merchandise after 6 weeks from a seller who has page after page of 1 star reviews, well, the stuff is not coming. But Amazon insists that I need to go through their process and must file an A-Z guarantee claim and wait on their thorough investigation. HUH? I was ripped off. Amazon knows I was ripped off yet continues to play the "we must follow policy and procedure" game delivered by folks who struggle with English. Talk about throwing the these poor, lowly paid customer service people to the wolves.

When second tier customer service came on he was just as useless in resolving the problem, telling me "we must follow the rules". Yeah, right. Not when the rules are so blatantly anti-customer.

I nicely explained to him that I don't agree with Amazon's rules and have my own. If Amazon wants to further protect scam sellers that's their business. Me... if Amazon chooses a pain in the ass process to resolve this simple issue I'll just dispute the credit card charge. He obviously didn't like that answer trying to convince me that was not necessary.

Well I disputed the charge online and had a refund in minutes. And I suggest to all consumers that's the way to deal with Amazon's customer service wall of frustration. Just dispute the damn charges and put the problem where it belongs... back on them."

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Face it, we all should get off of our lazy butts and buy at the local mom & pop stores

no sense in bitching about amazon if u buy from them all the time

djbradles

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Face it, we all should get off of our lazy butts and buy at the local mom & pop stores

This is the end game. I’ve been a firm proponent of online purchasing for a long time but to be able to support local businesses and get better end support I may be making some drastic changes.

djbradles

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Try returning an 84lb ladder stand twice and let me know how that goes.

I never had any issues getting a new item sent to me when mine didnt arrive (stolen?).

It is just soooooo easy to use. I dont even need to call support, just go online and use the chat function. They will solve your issue a lot faster.

The only time I noticed an issue is if I order 3 pants in one order and return 2. For some weird reason their system is expecting 3 back and will send you an email saying an item is missing and will charge you for all 3 (this was a year ago). Go online, chat with them and they will fix it. They acknowledge this was an automated Email from their system that needed to get fixed.
I agree with the ease of returns when it comes to little things though.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Try returning an 84lb ladder stand twice and let me know how that goes.

I agree with the ease of returns when it comes to little things though.
I returned a trailer hitch (40-50lbs roughly). That came in two boxes, so UPS wasnt sure how to handle it. I taped the box to the hitch and sent it back. No problem.

Last edited:

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Hold on. People want to order "original" Hostess Cupcakes that were discontinued in 2017 and are complaining that the food is past expiration.

Ummmmm. . . . . hmmmmmm.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hold on. People want to order "original" Hostess Cupcakes that were discontinued in 2017 and are complaining that the food is past expiration.

Ummmmm. . . . . hmmmmmm.

Expiration doesnt even mean the food is bad. The expiration date is the date the producer wanted you to eat it by, because that is when it would taste the best.

Expiration dates in the U.S are highly overrated and are the cause of millions (or billions?) of pounds of food wasted every year.

djbradles

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Expiration doesnt even mean the food is bad. The expiration date is the date the producer wanted you to eat it by, because that is when it would taste the best.

Expiration dates in the U.S are highly overrated and are the cause of millions (or billions?) of pounds of food wasted every year.
Gotta love the “best by” dates too.

Golddiggie

NES Member
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0

I would IF there were local M&P stores that actually had the items.

Last year I ordered some TruGlo sights for my FrankenPara. They were supposed to be for a 1911 (Novak LoMount spec). Brought them to the gunsmith since the slide was being machined for these. Turns out they were NOT true Novak LoMount spec. I returned them (Amazon Prime purchase) and didn't get a full refund. I called them on it and was told the difference was a restocking fee. I called BS on that since they were NOT as advertised. Only took a minute or two for the person on the other end to get the approval to refund me the difference.

Another seller on Amazon reached out to me after I purchased a bread slicing knife from them. They wanted to know how I liked it. Well, I told them that I liked the handle but not the way the blade performed. A few emails back and forth and they sent me the higher end version (the one I really wanted, but didn't want to spend 3-4x the price of the first one). They didn't want the other one back either. So my nephew has that one and I have the better one. I use it every day.

I've also called more than a few times when deliveries were either not on time, or never arrived. I've gotten more than a few free months from that. Plus reorders placed for the items. I think they tend to cringe when I call them up these days. Since I don't settle for anything less than satisfaction on any issue. Of course, I've not needed to call on any issues in more than a few months now. So I'm wondering if an order will be messed up soon.

Buck F

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

I had an issue, once, that’s it. Ordered something that was missing a key feature that was on all the descriptions/images of the item. A lot of back and forth trying to return it, based on the timing of the correspondence they were probably in Asia. In the end, I kept the product because they rebated me 2/3 of the price, or I could have returned it and paid the shipping which would have amounted to the 1/3 anyway. It was annoying but not a big enough ticket item that I was gonna spend much time on, I really would have liked the original item as presented but couldn’t find it anywhere. I guess the thing that pissed me off the most was that they declined my review, saying it didn’t meet their guidelines or some shit. I sent pics and everything, no untoward language. Since then have never reviewed a thing on amazon and am a bit more careful to order only Prime, which I have never had an issue with and I return lots and lots of stuff

PaulR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I only order smallish BS items from Amazon that I can't find locally.
Shipping is always funny. Some stuff arrives next day, some stuff takes three weeks and it finally lands on my desk and I'm like WTF is this?.....Oh yea!

Just had a Ford door keeper returned because they couldnt find me, we'll see how this one works out. Shoulda called Tarsook instead.

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
OP, you said,“fulfilled by Amazon”, that's not Amazon. They are just shipping it. Your issue is with the actual seller.

I try to avoid anything that is not directly sold by Amazon, not always the cheapest but at least I know who I'm dealing with.

And I'm sure a lot of the cheap “fulfilled by Amazon” stuff is just returns and seconds someone is trying to sell as new, just hoping people don't notice or don't care because "look how cheap it was".

There is something to be said for holding it in your hands BEFORE you decide to buy it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rt.3, 1/2 way between Boston and the Cape
OP, you do realize just because it's "fulfilled by Amazon" doesn't mean it's sold by Amazon?

Just like Sysco foods(and I'm sure many others), Amazon allows folks to store product in Amazon warehouses for a piece of the action. I've seen items packed in Target and Walmart boxes, individual items with stickers from Walmart/Target/Kmart/shit from other countries with all sorts of squiggly lines where words should be([laugh]).

If you don't want to gamble purchase items only "sold and fulfilled by Amazon", otherwise you may as well order from ebay and hope for the best.

As for the expired food thing, all I heard about it was it was from 3rd party vendors which Amazon doesn't control. If it's sold and fulfilled by Amazon the system will send someone(part of their job assignment) to the location and pull it around three weeks before the expiration date. It's not like they can just decide to skip it if they don't feel like doing it, everything 98% of the staff does is tracked and can be viewed live via security cameras and by the actions/inactions of their scanguns by the dept. managers.

powerman

NES Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
original thread a litle old, but not wanting to start a new one

After ordering a product and getting it lest than two days (Sunday to Tuesday) I wanted a few more of the same item
less than two days later after placing the original order I click on my old order on the "order more" and amazon indicates available at new lower price.
just received part of that order today (Wednesday) one-day delivery on them, I'm like were the additional items should be here tomorrow (Thursday).
Now i find the units were shipped from Scotland and should arrive Dec 18 to sometime in January. WTF
there was no indication of addition time and that it was an out of country seller.
still 2 day shipping as noted, to take (2) weeks internationally.

edit:
one thing I paid no state sales tax and price was a lot lower.

new/old trend to keep price down off shore items, save tax. etc?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
one thing I paid no state sales tax and price was a lot lower.

new/old trend to keep price down off shore items, save tax. etc?
Check your credit card and make sure you didn't get hit with a foreign transaction fee.

CrackPot

NES Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Google "amazon customer ban"

Its easy to think about writing this algorithm. 300,000,000 customers. You have lots of data and analytics. Taking action against people at 3 or 4 std deviations on the negative side of things is not an unreasonable business practice.

Still, it can lead to some bad press.

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Its easy to think about writing this algorithm. 300,000,000 customers. You have lots of data and analytics. Taking action against people at 3 or 4 std deviations on the negative side of things is not an unreasonable business practice.

Still, it can lead to some bad press.
The unreasonable part is not the action, but advertising returns as if they are consequence free, and refusing to disclose what level of return activity makes you an abuser. There are also reports of people being banned after Amazon settles a claim for a pirated package.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I started running into an issue. There are delivery instructions to ring the doorbell when delivering because I had a package stolen (that Amazon replaced when I told them it never arrived, even though there was a pic).

The delivery drivers never ring the damn doorbell. Like WTF.

The day guys, maybe 30% follow instructions, but anyone after 4pm or a Sunday is a mess.

When Amazon asks me how my delivery went I give it a thumbs down and select the option that they didnt follow instructions.

I wonder if Amazon looks at those reviews.

And this week their shipping was acting up. I ordered a reloading press. Said it would arrive this Wednesday, then changed to Thursday, it arrived this past Monday. And yesterday I noticed that every item said the expected delivery, if ordered last night, would be this Monday. I checked 10 random items, they all said the same.

Looks like Black Friday and Cyber Monday messed with them.

Top Bottom