• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Amazon smile charity donations

I like the thought of making Amazon donate to 2A causes. I dislike the thought of them being the ones to get the tax write off, to the point that I'd rather just donate directly out of pocket.

Is there an easy way to make web-browsing purchases always smile-eligible?

I've noticed that everything bought in the phone app is automatically smile-ized, but I have to manually change out the "www." for "smile." if I want to trigger the donation when buying via Chrome.

I've noticed that everything bought in the phone app is automatically smile-ized, but I have to manually change out the "www." for "smile." if I want to trigger the donation when buying via Chrome.
On Chrome it always asks if I want it to be on smile whenever I click a link. Probably because I'm already logged into Amazon in another tab.

It should default to smile every time, I have no idea why it tries to make you not do it, I’ve screwed up so many times on large purchases.
If you just bookmark smile, and always click on the bookmark instead of typing in Amazon you’ll get the donation every time

The last year I’ve made a real attempt not to use Amazon so much. It’s way too easy to spend too much money. And I’m focused on other things.

And what rum runner said. I just posted this because I couldn’t believe how much I got donated.

Again (I’ve posted this before) I find it interesting how this shows how much we spend on Amazon. My Smile donation goes to Comm 2A also, and looking at the current total that Amazon has contributed it says that, as of August 2020, Comm 2A has received $11,836.80. Since this represents %0.5 of what we spent (on qualifying items) it means those of us contributing have spent $2,367,360.00, over two and a quarter million dollars, on Amazon :oops:.

I'm signed up to send the Smile donation to Society for Animal Rescue and Adoption , a no-kill animal shelter near Austin TX.
I send something to Comm 2A when I can, they're the real deal.

Again (I’ve posted this before) I find it interesting how this shows how much we spend on Amazon. My Smile donation goes to Comm 2A also, and looking at the current total that Amazon has contributed it says that, as of August 2020, Comm 2A has received $11,836.80. Since this represents %0.5 of what we spent (on qualifying items) it means those of us contributing have spent $2,367,360.00, over two and a quarter million dollars, on Amazon :oops:.
That's nothing, as of Sept. all US charities have received $215,721,458.97 in donations.

For those that choose not to use Amazon, you're already giving them money(albeit indirectly) because of AWS.

AmazonSmile's impact:

$13,287.15 to Commonwealth Second Amendment Inc

My smile goes to SAF.

I see it now. It is clipped off a little. It is way over on the left with orange colored "Supporting:" and white "Commonweal..."

Maybe it wasn't coming up in search because I already chose it.

You made a difference.​

Because you placed this order at smile.amazon.com, AmazonSmile will make a donation to Commonwealth Second Amendment Inc.
Your AmazonSmile purchases have supported charity 21 times.

Want to automatically generate donations in the app?
Get donation information and learn about your charity go to smile.Amazon.com

Order placed, thanks!​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom