Amazon "Smile" and Comm2A

If you go to smile.amazon.com, you can set it to donate .5% of any order to a charity of your choice (from a list). Comm2A is on there, so your gratuitous online purchases can go to a good cause.

If you go to smile.amazon.com, you can set it to donate .5% of any order to a charity of your choice (from a list). Comm2A is on there, so your gratuitous online purchases can go to a good cause.

Yes, but if you go to www.comm2a.org and follow the Amazon link from that site to Amazon, Comm2A will get a commission of around 5% on your purchase.

Yes, but if you go to www.comm2a.org and follow the Amazon link from that site to Amazon, Comm2A will get a commission of around 5% on your purchase.

Rob, you might want ask your web designer to put that link right on the front page of the site. I don't think most people will think to look under "Donate" for an Amazon link.

I went to the link, logged in, and then set it as a bookmark in Firefox. I think that works, at least I hope so considering how much I buy from them.

I see a link (shop Amazon) on the front page on the right side under the "Links" group heading. Is this not what we are supposed to use?

I see a link (shop Amazon) on the front page on the right side under the "Links" group heading. Is this not what we are supposed to use?
Yes, and it takes me to the Amazon page when I click on it.

Thanks to all who have been doing this - we have been getting a very decent royalty payment from Amazon each month.

Rob, you might want ask your web designer to put that link right on the front page of the site. I don't think most people will think to look under "Donate" for an Amazon link.
It's on the front page just to the right of Shop Comm2A.

I went to the link, logged in, and then set it as a bookmark in Firefox. I think that works, at least I hope so considering how much I buy from them.
Web designer.....[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]. I guess that would be me......

Yes, that's correct. We had TWO Amazon links - Under Donate and Links. I've added a third on the main menu by removing FAQs. We'll revisit FAQs when we actually get someone to put together content.

The "Shop Amazon" button takes me to the FAQ
"Under Construction"

Is there any way you can copy and paste some thing in the address bar? Some times I get links in texts etc and if be easyier to do that then, go to the site and refund the item .

Cool, I'll try and use that link in the future.

Right now, Amazon is adding $5 to their donation for the next bit through the Smile program, so it might be worth taking a shot with one purchase through that before jumping to the Comm2A Affiliate link

Is there any way you can copy and paste some thing in the address bar? Some times I get links in texts etc and if be easyier to do that then, go to the site and refund the item .

Control-C copy, Control-V paste.

Code:
http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=com0d0-20

New Amazon feature for benefitting charities (Comm2A related).

http://smile.amazon.com

Basically you can pick a default charity that will receive funds when you purchase through Amazon. So it's the same as linking through Comm2A's site to Amazon, but you don't need to remember to do that. It's handled automatically.

if it's the same, perfect because I forget the link all the time, especially on my phone

No, it's not the same. There are a couple other threads about this already. The Comm2A link is around 5%. AmazonSmile is 0.5%.

I just made a bookmark button called "Amazon" in Firefox and used http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=com0d0-20 as the link. That's Comm2A's referral link for Amazon.

- - - Updated - - -

What if you have smile set up for another charity and you click through the comm2a link?

The Comm2A link takes you to Amazon, not AmazonSmile. Your Smile charity isn't automatically linked to your Amazon account. You actually need to be using the AmazonSmile website.

No, it's not the same. There are a couple other threads about this already. The Comm2A link is around 5%. AmazonSmile is 0.5%.

Thanks Ochmude.

It might be worth setting up both, but I'll definitely keep this in mind.

The Comm2A link takes you to Amazon, not AmazonSmile. Your Smile charity isn't automatically linked to your Amazon account. You actually need to be using the AmazonSmile website.

Ok, I was thinking once you selected a charity via smile, it was linked to all your purchases via your account until you chose otherwise. Thanks.

Ok, I was thinking once you selected a charity via smile, it was linked to all your purchases via your account until you chose otherwise. Thanks.

Yeah, I thought that too, and it would make a lot more sense if it did. But after I setup Comm2A with Smile, I went back to Amazon.com and a message popped up reminding me to go to smile.amazon.com in order to have my purchases count. It's literally a different website, so you still have to actually remember to use Smile, just like you'd have to actually remember to use the Comm2A link. Both essentially require the same amount of effort, but Comm2A's link pays them more.

I wish there was some sort of confirmation or icon that the order was successfully done via a charity (Comm2A) I ordered via the amazon link on their site yesterday but have NO CLUE if it worked or not...

Back
Top Bottom