Amazon Prime Video - What are you watching?

cams

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Just finished season 01 of Absentia. I thought it was really good. Crime/thriller/serial killer hunt with lots of plot twists and turns.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Babylon 5 is on amazon right now. It has a rough start building characters but I consider it to be one of the best scifi series out there- it's a dirty star trek full of politics, assassinations, and the occasional genocide.

If you can accept the mid 90's style and pay enough attention to realize that the shit hitting the fan I seasons 2, 3, and beyond are mentioned in season 1 and it's all liked you'll have a great time.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just finished the first 3 seasons of The Expanse. Read the summaries of season 4 and decided to move on. Not sure why, but the descriptions of season 4 didn't grab me. Was not impressed with some of the characters introduced and given more play in season 3, and saw they get big roles in season 4. For example, I wanted to put my fist into the screen every time Drummer and Ashford open their pie holes. Ah well, on to several movies I've queued up.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just finished the first 3 seasons of The Expanse. Read the summaries of season 4 and decided to move on. Not sure why, but the descriptions of season 4 didn't grab me. Was not impressed with some of the characters introduced and given more play in season 3, and saw they get big roles in season 4. For example, I wanted to put my fist into the screen every time Drummer and Ashford open their pie holes. Ah well, on to several movies I've queued up.
I kind of like Ashford, but he is a surrogate for Dawes, who seems to be softly written out of the show. Still watching season 4, and its okay. The conflicts seem a bit contrived since there ought to be an abundance of resources available now.

Bosch, Goliath, and Jack Ryan are all great. Finishing Man in the High Castle too.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Babylon 5 is on amazon right now. It has a rough start building characters but I consider it to be one of the best scifi series out there- it's a dirty star trek full of politics, assassinations, and the occasional genocide.

If you can accept the mid 90's style and pay enough attention to realize that the shit hitting the fan I seasons 2, 3, and beyond are mentioned in season 1 and it's all liked you'll have a great time.
I binged it about 10 years ago. I don't remember too much about it at this point other than I remember the 1st third of season 1 was really tough to get through, I almost quit. The other thing I remember is the CGI in the early seasons was really dated but the writing was so good that after season 1 you pretty much don't even notice the bad CGI. I don't think I could ever do a rewatch, too many episodes.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Those 2 characters have been highlights for me in the 3rd and 4th seasons. I think the 'Belter' language and accent is pretty cool and these 2 have it down. David Strathairn is an amazing character actor and is good in just about everything he does. I could listen to him speak 'Belter' all day. I thought season 4 was a bit of a departure being that a lot of it takes place off the Roci but it was still really good and worth the time to watch. Can't wait for season 5.

Choctaw

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not on Netflix but I happened to catch a couple of episodes of Underground Worlds over the weekend.

Gibraltar
"This edition explores the hidden network of tunnels and caves beneath Gibraltar that were instrumental to the Allies success during WWII."

I found this fascinating. They showed a chamber off of one of the tunnels. The purpose of that one was in case they were overtaken by the Germans they would seal several guys into this chamber. They had food for seven years, two working toilets, cork floors for sound deadening, and view ports to watch both sides of the island. Their purpose was to stay behind and collect intel. They had an aerial they could extend out at night and make short communications to the allies.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just finished binging through Hunters. Very engaging story with some good twists. Characters are pretty good too. Pacing was a bit slow at times.
Pretty darn good overall. Look forward to season 2.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just finished the Man in the High Castle....what a great show, although the very very last scene was dumb.

Really need to find a new show not to fill the void.

yanquidog

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Not reading the thread again, but have you seen The Wire?
Another oldie that had its moments,Californication
We were just going thru this routine last night.

AllaSnackbah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I watched episode 1 of hunters and it seems like just another repackaged "jews hunting nazis" original from hollywood. Boring.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Watched a great movie last night called “Hunter Killer”, Amazon/HBO Channel. Modern day military, US vs Russia, submarine battles and commando style action on Russian territory. Guess it came out in 2018 but I had never heard of it. Def recommended. 👍🏻

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEm1M1UEjCA
we watched that a year ago, surprisingly good.

Stryker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Watched a great movie last night called “Hunter Killer”, Amazon/HBO Channel. Modern day military, US vs Russia, submarine battles and commando style action on Russian territory. Guess it came out in 2018 but I had never heard of it. Def recommended. 👍🏻

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEm1M1UEjCA
watched it yesterday - very good
Watched it on Netflix but had to set the VPN to a UK server to find it

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I watched episode 1 of hunters and it seems like just another repackaged "jews hunting nazis" original from hollywood. Boring.
yeah i know. the way everyone was talking, it was supposed to be emmy award winning acting or something. I do not see it.

My wife, however, is all over it, thinks its great.

Top Bottom