Amazon Prime Video - What are you watching?

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Inspired by @typedc5's thread re" Netflix

I just recently binge watched seasons 1 and 2 of Jack Ryan. I had watched Season 1 previously but an advantage to a lousy memory is what's old is new "again." So I watched season 1 to reacquaint myself with the story. I actually read all of Clancy's books back 25 years ago so I know (and am sometimes annoyed) by the way the have "updated" the story lines to make them more politically correct, etc. I am wondering what they will do in season 3 as they seem to be recycling the original stories. Maybe next season will be a "play" on The Hunt for Red October.

I am also watching The Closer. I never realized I didn't see almost all of season 1 and much of season 2. In actuality, I probably haven't seen 80% of all of it.

I do often find their original content to be really good.

So what should I watch next?

Lowbird

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Finished S4 of the Expanse.
NBC universal cancellation is more confusing than when it originally happened. The show just got better.

It’s a longer format, and a little different compared to S1-3. I think that added a little intensity and slow burn to this season.
S5 is already approved and in the works.

Also caught up on The Grand Tour.

BlueOwl

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

The Last Kingdom, The Tudors, Get Shorty, Shetland, Lilyhammer, Call the Midwife, Atypical, The Office (UK), Bad Blood, Hinterland, The Indian Detective, Cable Girls, Borderline, Sherlock, The Innocent Man, Vera, Broadchurch, The Ranch, Bosch.

Last edited:

Buck Faker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

The Last Kingdom, The Tudors, Get Shorty, Shetland, Lilyhammer, Call the Midwife, Atypical, The Office (UK), Bad Blood, Hinterland, The Indian Detective, Cable Girls, Borderline, Sherlock, The Innocent Man, Vera, Broadchurch, The Ranch, Bosch.
Lillyhammer is hilarious, highly recommend

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Finished S4 of the Expanse.
NBC universal cancellation is more confusing than when it originally happened. The show just got better.

It’s a longer format, and a little different compared to S1-3. I think that added a little intensity and slow burn to this season.
S5 is already approved and in the works.

Also caught up on The Grand Tour.
I watched season 1 and 2 I think of The Expanse. It was one of those shows where I didn't really like the characters/actors that much, but the show was really good. I want to continue watching but my wife won't watch it, so it won't get watched til I travel for work or something.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I love the older shows before everything became so fricking PC. Hill Street Blues would never fly these days. Andy Sipowicz would be in perpetual "sensitivity training."
i don't know if that's true, we watched Veep on HBO and it's way more inappropriate than Hill Street Blues. like when she poses for a photo with diplomats from the Middle East, she says "Everyone say 'goat cheese'!" [laugh]

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

I just recently binge watched seasons 1 and 2 of Jack Ryan. I had watched Season 1 previously but an advantage to a lousy memory is what's old is new "again." So I watched season 1 to reacquaint myself with the story. I actually read all of Clancy's books back 25 years ago so I know (and am sometimes annoyed) by the way the have "updated" the story lines to make them more politically correct, etc. I am wondering what they will do in season 3 as they seem to be recycling the original stories. Maybe next season will be a "play" on The Hunt for Red October.
I did exactly the same thing with the Jack Ryan series. It took a few episodes to get up to speed.

The Bosch series was excellent as was Longmire.

I tried hard to like the expanse but just couldn’t get into it.

Bob

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
i don't know if that's true, we watched Veep on HBO and it's way more inappropriate than Hill Street Blues. like when she poses for a photo with diplomats from the Middle East, she says "Everyone say 'goat cheese'!" [laugh]
but HSB was on "regular" tv, not paid cable.

JayMcB

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I actually read all of Clancy's books back 25 years ago so I know (and am sometimes annoyed) by the way the have "updated" the story lines to make them more politically correct, etc.
Them making James Greer a snackbar was a bit of a reach for me...still have the episodes on my amazon tablet for an upcoming vacation.....we'll see

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don't watch network Tv shows, haven't in years. They either suck, or they're really good and get canned after a year (Firefly). Last show I watched was The Unit.
I don't watch much TV at all, cuz there's better things I should be doing with my time. [grin]

FiremanBob

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
We just started season 3 of Mrs Maisel, but I suspect it's going to jump the political shark and go lefty very soon at which time I'll stop watching it.

We're also looking forward to season 2 of Hanna.

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
*The Grand Tour - Seaman (watch this, Clarkson's gone fully unfiltered)
*Britannia
*Finished Man in the High Castle
*Old shows I've previously watched, like HBO's Rome, Magnum PI, etc.
*Whatever else catches my interest, anything from port wine to Scotch whisky to Swedish pagan human sacrifice

ProGun

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
We've been watching Bosch and I recently finished up The Man in the High Castle. And while they were from HBO, I also watched Band of Brothers and The Pacific on Amazon Prime.

oldyankee

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As noted, The Expanse started slow but gained momentum and became more interesting. Seems to be more cussing in this season, which doesn't really add anything and retrogrades the story line back to the present rather than the future.

Top Bottom