1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Amazon CEO Getting Divorced, Could Be Most Expensive In History.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Zappa, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Zappa

Zappa Road Warrior NES Member

2. friscoeast

friscoeast NES Member

Needs pics of his new hottie - must be one!

mjbitt likes this.
  3. ISOTOX

ISOTOX NES Member

N of the Rebublic. SE of Alba and W of Ling Ling
    He's a little prick! Hope she soaks him.

4. Prepper

Prepper NES Member

I wonder how much the lawyer would cost. That would be funny if they fight it out and the lawyer gets most of it.

5. Tweed

Tweed

He must be making deliveries elsewhere

hminsky likes this.
  6. Choctaw

Choctaw NES Life Member NES Member

They reside in Washington state, which is a “community property state” — meaning divorcing couples without a prenup split assets 50-50.

new guy likes this.
  7. Fixxah

Fixxah

Cheaper to keep her.

426wedge and BUMPA01603 like this.
  8. ReluctantDecoy

ReluctantDecoy

I don't really know anything about his personality, but I do admire that he took a garage business (literally started from a garage) to being one of the most valued companies, and at one point he was personally worth twice is nearest competitor.

If she was in fact with him for 25 years, then she deserves a good payout because that was right from the start before he was FU rich, not just a hit and run on a billionaire. I'm sure the struggle was real at the beginning when they were trying to live off of garage book sales.

dingbat, TLB, hpm and 1 other person like this.
  9. eboos

eboos

Certainly this case isn't going to the solo practitioner working out of a home office. They probably have the largest firm in the jurisdiction hired with the whole department working on various aspects of the case. Cost? Drop in the bucket in comparison, but staggering amount to even a moderately wealthy person.

Prepper and M1911 like this.
  10. JayMcB

JayMcB NES Member

I wonder what the tax implications of this are. If he holds the stock, does he have to sell it to give it to her and then pay the taxes on it? I **SO** hope he does,

xtry51 and Choctaw like this.
  11. Climbnsink

Climbnsink

He is evil and wants you dead. Someone cheated 'after a long period of loving exploration and trial separation.' I'm guessing her, women won't admit it but they'll put up with indiscretion to be married to the richest man in the world. But if the man is rich and personable weak she will have no mercy divorce raping his assets.

12. Choctaw

Choctaw NES Life Member NES Member

That would probably pay for the wall, lol.

dingbat and JayMcB like this.
  13. mibro

mibro NES Member

She should get her own monument in Washington DC. Her great great grandchildren will be sunning themselves in Monaco courtesy of the most spectacular monetization of holy matrimony in the history of the world.

xtry51 likes this.
  14. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

Lmao even if she soaks him for 50% he could still heat his house by burning bales of cash...

15. PaulR

PaulR NES Member

There comes a point in your life where you finally figure it out and you say to yourself, "WTF good is all this money?"

....of course, it takes a whole ton of money to figure that out.....not there yet....must keep working my ass off. lolol

dingbat and Jason Flare like this.
  16. Rob Boudrie

Rob Boudrie NES Member

I expect he can give her the stock. If not, the after tax value of assets on both sides of the table will be considered.

For example, if one member of a couple has a $1M 401K and there is $1M cash in their joint account, the split will not be "IRA owner keeps it, cash goes to the other" unless the judge is in the mood to punish someone.

If you want to see how screwed up the system is, google "Vaughn Affadavit".

17. JayMcB

JayMcB NES Member

I hope the state sees the 'give' is still an asset transfer, and I hope they stick the tax policy up his elitist liberal statist ass so far he can taste it.

I can only gift my own kids $15k per year (unless I'm paying 75k in tuition, that is) without triggering a tax event. He should pay the piper just like the little people

Cowgirlup likes this.
  18. Rob Boudrie

Rob Boudrie NES Member

The legal theory will probably be that she already owned 50% so it is not an asset transfer.

You and you wife can EACH give each one of your spawn $15K per year. If you want to give more of it out in a single year, make it a loan with market interest and forgive $15k (or $30k if done jointly) in each year you are not giving cash.

19. T-Unit

T-Unit

Half of $120 Billion is still a shit ton of money. He may as well get the divorce and take the hit now because when he's worth 200 Billion it's gonna hurt a lot worse.

Plus without the wife around, he can keep an assortment of 18 to 22 year olds around at all times.

crispnipz likes this.
  20. JayMcB

JayMcB NES Member

@Rob, you're totally ruining my schadenfreude wood.....

21. M1911

M1911 Moderator NES Member

After the divorce he will still be worth many billions and will still have control of Amazon. This won’t change his lifestyle one iota.

22. eboos

eboos

Additionally, provided that both spouses are US citizens, there is unlimited gifting between spouses.

23. Mr.E

Mr.E

It all depends on what your plans are with that "money" (please remember his net worth is based on the stock of Amazon, so it's merely paper here).
    While $100billion is alot, if all his long term plans include is retiring, buying an island, and frolicking with models all day long then he's set for life..BUT, most truly wealthy people don't think like this (part of the reason they got there in the first place). They think of money as a tool to be used for continued capital (and thus wealth) growth. So, what good is the money is that it's good to reinvest in Amazon, to acquire other companies (either synergistic or in other areas for diversification), it's good for philanthropy, it's good for purchasing "tangible" assets (ie. real estate, land.etc). While many would say "screw it, I'm done, bring on the hotties and the cocktails" that $100+ billion is EASILY consumed by reinvesting in the business and diversifying ones portfolio. For many (and it seems to be true with JB), that continued growth is worth more than all the Yachts, planes, estates, etc. in the world..

Choctaw likes this.
  24. Roadglide

Roadglide NES Member

There’s an epidemic of gold digging whores[rofl]

crispnipz likes this.
  25. Palladin

Palladin NES Member

48yo she looks great..

[​IMG]

4runner1443, Prepper and M1911 like this.
  26. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

Even if he cashed out only 10B, At the amount of money he has he can still have all that shit anyways, it's not like he's actually limited in options in any way. he could have one of those A380s that bin sultan talaweed (or whatever the hell that princes name is) flies around in, an island, and a harem of broads and still have a ton left for all that other stuff you mentioned.

Let's put things in perspective. Say I hit a huge powerball ticket and get $240 million after taxes. I would still basically be a pauper compared in relative terms to someone like Bezos. A very happy one, though... [rofl]

-Mike

27. richc

richc NES Member

Reminds me of Mary Louise Parker...

[​IMG]

Palladin likes this.
  28. crispnipz

crispnipz

TJL, Come and take and Roadglide like this.
  29. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Until now, the highest-profile donation made by the Bezoses was a $33 million gift in early 2018 to a scholarship fund to help Dreamers — undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. as children — pay for college.

Climbnsink likes this.
  30. Mr.E

Mr.E

Sure, even if the ex takes 50% of his equity in Amazon and he's left with a market value of $50bn his "lifestyle" won't change one darn bit. My point was more of bigger picture use of that equity. While materially I can't think of one friggen thing he can't buy after that he can buy now, cutting that amount of wealth in half could put a crimp on other bigger business ventures. Who's to say he wasn't earmarking 20 billion to invest in Google? Maybe he wanted to buy another newspaper? Perhaps he wanted to buy a sports franchise or 2 or maybe create an Amazon car company or something whacky...I'm more thinking of the larger capital growth items, not the planes or houses or crap like that.