• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Amazing photoseries about gun owners in Ukraine and changing attitudes towards guns

i found that fascinating. i love reading about the "every day" people. some of them looked like operators.

remember, in 2014 part of the Ukraine was like the wild west or worse. a total break down of civilized society.

there are movements to legalize firearms in both Ukraine and Russia, but with the political pressure on the ruling class, it would sooner happen in Ukraine than Russia. I believe that Uki pres rejected signing gun ownership law yet, last year, but the movement is strong.

There are a lot of signs in Uki and Russian that are pro-gun, actually a lot of them just mirror the same sentiment in US, but US can learn something:

Legal arms defend against illegal arms

e3285883bdbb4b291863fb67553766d3.jpg

You can accomplish a lot with a gun and a word ... but much more than with just a word [rofl]

%D1%84%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BE%201.JPG

Slogans don't stop crime ... armed citizens do

8717_original.jpg

I carry arms because carrying a whole cop is more weight

TEuijOkbIPs.jpg

Quote is from Machiavelli (15-16 century): "Rome and Sparta stood for centuries, armed and free. Swiss are the best: armed better than anyone and freer than anyone"

u4l0Wn9rD9M.jpg

This is a slogan from the times of the revolution and establishment of the Soviet Union, "Citizens, surrender your arms" ... yeah that turned out real well

6_opt.jpg

Cool article. Does anyone know more about what happened that make the people want to have guns now? The article doesn't say.
For as long as I know, the Ukraine was very unsafe, if you were from the west you would be advised not to travel there or visit family. I think people are waking up from a long time of rights oppression.

“I am sure that passing an adequate law for weapons regulation would reduce crimes amount dramatically. Any criminal would think twice before attacking someone who is potentially armed. It’s like a box of full of sweets with one poisoned sweet inside – no one would dare for trying any of them.”Maxim, 31 years old, maritime logistics expert, in his apartment in Kiev with rifle, which he bought in 2013. (Andrey Lomakin)

That's a good analogy.

Back
Top Bottom