• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Amazing Armalite customer service

I wanted to buy a piston-driven black rifle and, after doing a lot of research, decided to look for an AR-180B. I managed to find two of them, one NIB and another very lightly used for only around $500 each on gunbroker and bought them.

Pics are here http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...w-Acquisitions-for-May-2010?highlight=ar-180b

After one or two trips to the range, I noticed that both suffered from the known problem of cracks in the pivot pin area of the lower receiver. Frankly, these cracks might have been there when I bought them and I just didn't notice. Anyway I called Armalite to inquire about repairs and they gave me a return authorization number but no guarantees because these guns were long out of warranty and I wasn't the original owner. I shipped them off.

Two weeks later I received two brand new AR-180B lowers, free of charge! These lowers were of a slightly-modified design with extra reinforcement in the pivot pin area. This makes me think that, given the popularity of piston guns now, Armalite might be planning to re-introduce this product into the marketplace.

Jeff Quinn has published two very positive reviews of the AR-108B on GunBlast.com (but, then again, I don't think Mr. Quinn has ever met a gun he didn't like).

In any case, my hat's off to Armalite for their outstanding customer service.

Back
Top Bottom