• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Amateur Radio

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am studying for my level 1 Amateur Radio License. The info appears imitating at first, never having been exposed to this before. Any tips on studying for the exam?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hamstudy.org

Its not going to help you understand the content, but at the entry level it'll get you started in seriously short time.

NewGuyRay

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I am studying for my level 1 Amateur Radio License. The info appears imitating at first, never having been exposed to this before. Any tips on studying for the exam?
What's your true objective for the process? Do you want to gain knowledge while studying for the license or do you just want to get licensed, get on the air, and learn as you go? If it is the latter, spend your time studying the question pool for the exam (available here http://www.arrl.org/files/file/VEs/2018-2022 Tech Class Pool Final with errata.pdf) and take the exam.

In fact, the Cape Ann radio Club runs an annual, Technician in a Day, class that consists of nothing more than sitting in a room memorizing answers from the question pool and then taking the test when you feel ready. As an added benefit, you can take the General Class test for no additional cost if you pass the Technician Class test. It might be worth studying the question pools for both if your brain has the capacity.

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just memorize everything and get on the air. Over time, the stuff you studied will start to make sense.

Seriously...that is what I did. I have a general class license and felt the same way when studying for that. Lots of shit I didn't know...but over time...it started to click.

Good luck and keep us posted on when you pass your tech exam!

PS - Don't post your call unless you don't mind DOX'ing yourself. :) Some people are paranoid about that.

Top Bottom