• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AMA calls for gun control , bans and confiscation

i'd just love to know who they think is going to be up for the job of disarming law abiding U.S. Citizens?

the police...hah!

the military...double hah (hah...hah)!

edit to add:

that's right, we're just going to turn them all in because they tell us it's the right thing to do. their mothers should have gotten better use of a coat hanger and done everyone a favor.

Last edited:
In response to the group's new positions, the National Rifle Association said the AMA is playing politics and should focus on its core mission rather than advocating for gun control.

"The AMA's stated vision is ‘to enhance the delivery of care' and ‘partner with patients to achieve better health,'" Chris Cox, head of the gun-rights group's Institute for Legislative Action, told the Washington Free Beacon. "They should focus their efforts on the 250,000 deaths due to medical errors, the medical community's complicity in the opioid crisis that takes 42,000 lives per year or the mental health crisis that results in nearly 50,000 suicides per year. The AMA should return to focusing on medical care and stop engaging in gun-control politics."

[thumbsup]

I love how some Dr's think their M.D. makes them super special and that their opinion is law on everything. Dude, you are in MA, Dr.'s are a dime a dozen. You AREN'T special. (I'm totally not jaded at all from working in healthcare.....)

seriously...

are auto mechanics coming out publicly and offering an opinion no one asked for in regards to drunk drivers or asian ladies being given licenses (sorry in advance, minininjer)?

Last edited:
You'd think they'd keep their mouths shut on the subject, because gunshot victims likely make up a good portion of their customer base. Sort of like auto dealers and mechanics urging their customers to ride bikes or take public transportation.

This should be no surprise, the medical profession has become a proxy for the leftist globalists who intend to disarm what’s left of individual liberties in the name of collectivism, greater good.....communism.

Last edited:
This should be no surprise, the medical profession has become a proxy for the leftist globalists who intend to disarm what’s left of individual liberties in the name of collectivism, greater good.....communism.
Wife and I got the big lecture from both the pediatrician and her nurse practitioner when we brought the girls in for their routine checkup. When asked whether there were guns in the house, little Jill said yes. Dad has these really huge guns! Great. Doctor took notes, gave the files to the NP who added her own writing and then we were told to get rid of the guns. It is irresponsible and very dangerous to have guns in a home with children, the whole load of guano. I told her that the two pump action shotguns and the two bolt action rifles that we do own are kept in a secure small arms locker, out of reach of the kids. Still not good enough. We walked out and never returned. On the way home, little Jill was told to keep quiet about what we have at home and the rest of our personal business.

It is irresponsible and very dangerous to have guns in a home with children,

How do they rationalize Police Officers with children?

On the way home, little Jill was told to keep quiet

I hope you used "hush money"...

iu

I got in big Doo Doo when I mouthed back to a pediatrician in MA who asked that question reminding him that more people died that year from medical errors in f***int hospitals than from OMG guns.

He of course signed us up for a program auggestinf home visits by DCFS to evaluate our sons progress as he was worried that his language skills were deficient or some such bullshit. So glad that was our last month in MA.

Don't advertise .sucks. But .don't advertise. Don't.

I love how some Dr's think their M.D. makes them super special and that their opinion is law on everything. Dude, you are in MA, Dr.'s are a dime a dozen. You AREN'T special. (I'm totally not jaded at all from working in healthcare.....)
I agree with you

BUT

The AMA is made up mostly of lawyers and physicians that haven't touched a patient in decades. They certainly don't speak on behalf of practicing physicians which is why other groups have been formed instead.

Well the only data i have is the local hospitals and doc offices. Over the last 2 or more decades, i see more and more health care providers of Indian decent. I cant help but wonder if the direction of healthcare being antis, comes from the fact that India is very anti gun. ( my guys in Hyderabad were speechless and freaked out when they found out i was going to the range)

Like someone else stated. Get medical malpractice down to zero, then come talk to me. Until then, DRs should pay attention to what they are doing.

Meh - my doctors are so used to me giving BS answers I don't think they'd believe anything anyway.
Q - Child's SSN
A - yes (no one has any reason to request a child's SSN, I simply tell them they have one, and ask why they need it - I've never gotten an answer)
Q - does your child have trouble walking
A - yes, he only runs (This made me realize that doctors have NO sense of humor)

Don't give any info that isn't needed. If you're in the ER, it isn't the time for playing with their forms, but I'm still not going to answer anything not related to why I'm there. If it's just a checkup - I hope they brought their funny pants to read my answers.

Back
Top Bottom