• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Am I wrong?

This is still America, and you are 100% entitled to vote with your feet.

Would you opinion change if the fee was in the Contract ?

If there was a written agreement and the $25 was clearly disclosed, then I probably would feel differently about it. It’s still ridiculous and stupid, but I’d be less angry about it for sure.

I never said "GUNS".

50% is prolly crazy for Real Estate or Vehicles too.

But for average shit 50% is great - if you can get it at all.

Your eBay "Assistants" demand 50% and $50 minimums. Even then these people are few and far between.

And that includes anything eBay lets them sell - which ain't firearms anyways.

When I did ebay, I charged $20 or 20% after all fees and costs (shipping, materials, etc). To me it was very reasonable and I got paid fairly for my time. Some items I dealt with might have been a different price, like if an item needed repair or cleaning to make it really pop in a photo, or to increase its value, but I would always discuss that with my client. An example I could think of was a lawn mower that had 10 years of dust on it. It fired up first pull and ran flawlessly - but it was dirty and needed it's blades sharpened. I did both, and the client only wanted to get $50 for it but after I cleaned up and polished the deck, that push mower sold for $150. IIRC, I charged the customer $25 for my time, and said if it sold for less than $75 I'd eat the difference. Some people operate differently.

What this issue boils down to is how the shop wishes its reputation to be. Being charged for a transfer after being unable to sell a firearm, without knowing what it is (high demand item or something that's dime a dozen?) could be acceptable. Its taking up a spot that could have been used for something that might have sold. If they charged you a $25 storage fee instead of a transfer fee, would you feel any differently? They sold the two other rifles and made money on it, should that affect other firearms that didn't? Up to you to decide. Continue to do business with them, or don't.

Back
Top Bottom