Am I The Only One Who Hears Gunshots?

It's totally different when you actually know the gunfire is aimed at people and not inanimate targets..

I was actually speaking to the point that most people who complain about gunfire to the police here in Freetown are more concerned with the sound than whether or not the shooter is practising safe firearms handling and use. Which makes suppressors a good idea.

Where in NB was the house?
I grew up there and still have property in the north end.

I lived a few years over on chancery st near the prison. The wife (gf at the time) hated it and said it was a scary part of town (Dartmouth girl). I would just laugh, and this was before I got a LTC

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Lived on Coggeshall near County in NB in the early 90's - gunfire was the norm most Friday and Saturday nights if it was above freezing and not raining. The better the weather the faster the action.

Now the only gunfire I hear at home is me or a neighbor punishing paper from the back porch.

Sounds like you might want to consider moving. I live behind a gun range its awsome hearing freedom everyday

Around my stretch of NH Route 101, it's not uncommon to hear it regularly in the woods. Mostly target shooting. However, I think there's some folks that bird hunt around here. I think the state stocks the local woods near here every few months or so.

Funny to watch my guests reactions when shots ring out.

In my area I have three gun clubs within maybe a mile and a half. So yeah, I hear occasional shots. If it Sounds like an all out war, it is not one of the clubs but law lenforcement shooting full auto at the clay pit a half mile down the road. If it is just like ar-15 semi auto, it is likely my neighbor shooting into his berm. Smaller plinking it is just me playing around. Gunshots? What gunshots? Ron

I used to work on Dot ave, the Southie part near Old Colony; usually walked to/from Andrew station. I don't think I got sketched out even once... certainly no gunshots, at least between 7am and 5pm [laugh]

Yes ...if you have been shooting without hearing protection you can possibly hear shooting when others can't. It will probably never go away either ... sorry [crying]

About 20 minutes ago I heard lot of gunshots, then an engine revving. A minute later I started hearing sirens.

Every few months I'm woken up by some jerkoff blowing off about 10 rounds between 1:00 and 2:00 am and they never seem to hit anything but this was different, this was rapid fire or two weapons being fired at once.

So I'm wondering, does anyone else here have to put up with this crap?

edit - Sorry folks, I should have emphasized more strongly that I was primarily referring to the gunshots of people shooting at other people, not just shooters out having some fun or hunting. I also didn't account for most of you not knowing that my location is a suburb that has gone downhill as urban residents have moved in. Most of them are great but a few have taken the city here with them and crime has increased accordingly.

I hear gunshots everyday. Sounds like freedom, or it could be the neighbors.

edit - Sorry folks, I should have emphasized more strongly that I was primarily referring to the gunshots of people shooting at other people, not just shooters out having some fun or hunting. I also didn't account for most of you not knowing that my location is a suburb that has gone downhill as urban residents have moved in. Most of them are great but a few have taken the city here with them and crime has increased accordingly.

Interesting and probably relevant article.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2008/07/american-murder-mystery/306872/

Agawam Revolver Club is about 1 mile from our house. I hear gunshots all the time.

Makes me mad I'm not there. Makes my liberal neighbor mad for different reasons.

I used to work on Dot ave, the Southie part near Old Colony; usually walked to/from Andrew station. I don't think I got sketched out even once... certainly no gunshots, at least between 7am and 5pm [laugh]
It's been the scene of minor crimes the last few years but is now getting a facelift.

Somewhere between Bedford, NH and Goffstown, NH, in the woods behind St Alselm, someone does some shooting. Plenty of space. Gotta get me some...

Old Bedford PD informal range back there. They let a few fly across Rt114 once and that was the end of it.

Gotta get that can for the 22LR so I can plick at will...

most alien anal probings go undetected, but a few people awake during the procedure and fire off a magazine before the ailiens can mind-block them again. It's just like spontaneous human combustion--sometimes it just happens.

most alien anal probings go undetected, but a few people awake during the procedure and fire off a magazine before the ailiens can mind-block them again. It's just like spontaneous human combustion--sometimes it just happens.

WTF???

That's not entirely accurate. According to my sources, some of the aliens' mind-block technique *is* discharging an (earthly) weapon in the same room where the abducted patient is probed. Then, when he returns to his home, he goes "WTF, was I just anal probed by aliens, who then danced with an AK47 and fired it, full-auto, while dressed in middle-eastern man dresses ? must be my imagination, I'll just go back to sleep"..
As I'm sure you understand, imagination scrambling (as opposed to mind-block), can be as effective, and it can be achieved with a minimal budget.

Last edited:

I can't imagine the futility of hurtling across the cosmos just to give me an anal probe.

Oh those poor telekinetic bastages [smile]

Back
Top Bottom