Am I The Only One Who Hears Gunshots?

There isnt a single stop sign, yield sign, or do not enter sign left with a heartbeat in my town...

THAT is ****ing stupendous.

- - - Updated - - -

And how is hearing people shooting at other people last night a schizophrenic break? I'm legitimately curious how you made that connection.

Hearing things (that aren't really there) is one of the big signs. It was a joke.

4 pages and no mention of where you live? I am guessing it is Chicago or something. Most places don't have people merrily shooting at each other every night. That is usually a good indication it is time to move.

4 pages and no mention of where you live? I am guessing it is Chicago or something. Most places don't have people merrily shooting at each other every night. That is usually a good indication it is time to move.

If you look at his info on the left side of his posts you will see "Location: Beautiful Downtown Randolph". If that is Randolph MA....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randolph,_Massachusetts

The demographics section might explain a few things.

If you look at his info on the left side of his posts you will see "Location: Beautiful Downtown Randolph". If that is Randolph MA....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randolph,_Massachusetts

The demographics section might explain a few things.

Yup, it sure does, thanks for posting that!

I just edited my original post, apologizing for not being clearer about that.

In my mind and to people who know the place, "Beautiful Downtown Randolph" is a joke.

When I was living in a dorm in Boston, about 2am I heard "no don't no...bang" I Connecticut I use to hear a neighbor some rounds most nights around midnight, just some backyard practice before bedtime

I often hear mag dumps in the distance, always at night like between 9pm and 1am. My only thought is "I wish I knew who that was" because they obviously have a property big enough to shoot on and I'd like to get to know them.

This is the main reason I sold my house in New Bedford.
Everyone who moves out of NB comes to Freetown and tells us we can't target shoot because that's why they left the city(to not hear gunfire). This is all the more reason to allow suppressors around here. So people who are more concerned with the sound of gunfire rather than the direction or location can go pound sand.

Everyone who moves out of NB comes to Freetown and tells us we can't target shoot because that's why they left the city(to not hear gunfire). This is all the more reason to allow suppressors around here. So people who are more concerned with the sound of gunfire rather than the direction or location can go pound sand.
I actually grew up in assonet and have shot on private land many times. It's totally different when you actually know the gunfire is aimed at people and not inanimate targets. Was all set with my house being the backstop for any gang activity.

The point was that I was wondering how many others here, hear people frequently shooting at other people near their home like I do.

Many just fail to understand your environment, and are making the typical NES joke of your thread.

I grew up in Randolph back before it became Murderpan South or Brockton North (take your pick)!

For the uneducated:

- If a lot was larger than a postage stamp, they built a house on it. Slightly larger and they built apartments!
- Randolph has almost no "open space", so when someone hears gunshots there is no safe area for those bullets to go!
- Randolph has basically been taken over by gangs, it is no longer a safe community.
- Read the Wiki article . . . 3.2K people per square mile!!
- Not many years ago the state was contemplating taking over running the town or schools (forget which . . . it was a 2 page article in the Patriot Ledger)! The town was totally mis-managed and yes I had some dealings with the prior and current town managers and was NOT impressed (that's putting it mildly, I almost had to take legal action against them).

I can't in clear conscious advocate that any decent person should live in that town.

Growing up in South Boston I heard more than my fair share of city gunfire. Was at my mom's place a few weeks ago and heard a string of seven shots on the other side of the block that turned out to be a drive-by. That was the second person shot there and the third within a hundred yards of her door over a three week span. To be fair, it is far from a normal thing for the area she lives in but apparently there's been a serious uptick in drugs since the spring. Cops have been all over the area since that night so I'm hoping they'll drive the maggots out. That, or the shooters are getting the point across and stop having to make the drive over from dot/'bury.

Dot Ave & Columbia Road here. The maggots started arriving in 1978 or so....Dead body on Mayhew Street, shooting on Boston Street, stabbings aplenty along Dot Ave ...started around Fields Corner then gradually crept toward Southie over the years....I work with a few Anti's...I've often challenged them to just take a walk from where I'll (happily) drop them off at Savin Hill & Dot Ave, ask them to walk up Dot Ave towards Fields Corner and beyond...and then asked them what the over/under is as to how far they get before getting shanked. Even better, maybe tell them I'd drop them on Dot Ave (but dump em out on Mount Ida Road at Ronan Park instead....[laugh] )

Dot Ave & Columbia Road here. The maggots started arriving in 1978 or so....Dead body on Mayhew Street, shooting on Boston Street, stabbings aplenty along Dot Ave ...started around Fields Corner then gradually crept toward Southie over the years....I work with a few Anti's...I've often challenged them to just take a walk from where I'll (happily) drop them off at Savin Hill & Dot Ave, ask them to walk up Dot Ave towards Fields Corner and beyond...and then asked them what the over/under is as to how far they get before getting shanked. Even better, maybe tell them I'd drop them on Dot Ave (but dump em out on Mount Ida Road at Ronan Park instead....[laugh] )

I have to drive through that area every once in a while to visit friends. Fields corner area is no joke. I wouldn't want to walk through that area unarmed.

Many just fail to understand your environment, and are making the typical NES joke of your thread.

I grew up in Randolph back before it became Murderpan South or Brockton North (take your pick)!

For the uneducated:

- If a lot was larger than a postage stamp, they built a house on it. Slightly larger and they built apartments!
- Randolph has almost no "open space", so when someone hears gunshots there is no safe area for those bullets to go!
- Randolph has basically been taken over by gangs, it is no longer a safe community.
- Read the Wiki article . . . 3.2K people per square mile!!
- Not many years ago the state was contemplating taking over running the town or schools (forget which . . . it was a 2 page article in the Patriot Ledger)! The town was totally mis-managed and yes I had some dealings with the prior and current town managers and was NOT impressed (that's putting it mildly, I almost had to take legal action against them).

I can't in clear conscious advocate that any decent person should live in that town.

I always go with Randappan myself but I'm going to borrow Brockton North from you and try out North Brockton to see if it sticks.

It was the schools they wanted to take over if I recall correctly. This year they graduated 199 students with a $35 million dollar budget not including pensions and healthcare costs. I can't say if that's high or not but it seems high to me. I haven't had any experience with the town government recently but I stopped paying attention when they stopped busing for all but kindergarten students citing budget woes then raised taxes and didn't restore busing.

And I won't be staying long....I hope, but there are still a lot of decent folks here, we're just hiding[smile]

Dorchester is no picnic. Mattapan and Roxbury get a worse rap but parts of Dorchester are at least as bad.

I used to drive a delivery truck in the Mattapan, Dorchester, Hyde Park and JP area during the day in the 90's and I used to go to this one auto repair place on I think Talbot ave near that big park where it meets Blue Hill ave. About once a week, I'd go there, park and walk by the cars parked beside the place going in and out, then I read in the Herald that one of the guys there had killed his ex-girlfriends new boyfriend and stuffed his corpse into the trunk of one of those cars. For over a month I was walking within two feet of this poor guys rotting corpse (never smelled a thing), then smiling and greeting his murderer, making small talk and walking out past his corpse again.

I remember all of us drivers laughing about it and just shaking our heads. We weren't making fun of the victim, just laughing because we were so uncomfortable with it.

Just another reason why city living sucks.
He lives in Randolph, population 30,000. Derry NH has a population of 34,000 - city living?

Living in Dot I've never heard anything that were gunshots for sure. The #1 most annoying noise is when some commuter bumps into another one and the traffic helicopters swarm. Various emergency vehicle sirens are #2.

Growing up in South Boston I heard more than my fair share of city gunfire. Was at my mom's place a few weeks ago and heard a string of seven shots on the other side of the block that turned out to be a drive-by. That was the second person shot there and the third within a hundred yards of her door over a three week span. To be fair, it is far from a normal thing for the area she lives in but apparently there's been a serious uptick in drugs since the spring. Cops have been all over the area since that night so I'm hoping they'll drive the maggots out. That, or the shooters are getting the point across and stop having to make the drive over from dot/'bury.
I lived in SoBo 1998 to 2012 on Mercer St, near the projects. Your hearing must be much better than mine....

Last edited:
Bunch of pikers, I lived next to camden, nj and in Atlantic city. If there WASN'T a murder on a particular street all week it was a news story... Oh and I spent April through Oct/Nov working in murderpan, Dorchester, Roxbury, etc... and according to my company we have a no weapons policy ;)

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

This thread is already epic. Man, there are some fearful people with amazing hearing on NES!
Dot Ave & Columbia Road here. The maggots started arriving in 1978 or so....Dead body on Mayhew Street, shooting on Boston Street, stabbings aplenty along Dot Ave ...started around Fields Corner then gradually crept toward Southie over the years....I work with a few Anti's...I've often challenged them to just take a walk from where I'll (happily) drop them off at Savin Hill & Dot Ave, ask them to walk up Dot Ave towards Fields Corner and beyond...and then asked them what the over/under is as to how far they get before getting shanked. //
Pretty funny, last night my 12 and 14 yo daughters walked down Savin Hill Ave to Venice Pizza on Dorchester for about the 50th time (Since the Boys and Girls Club is right behind it) and didn't get stabbed, again.

But, they're born-in-Southie, urban bad ass chicks, no one would dare.... [laugh]
i-WQtFShF-L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom