• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Am I The Only One Who Hears Gunshots?

Hetzer

NES Member
About 20 minutes ago I heard lot of gunshots, then an engine revving. A minute later I started hearing sirens.

Every few months I'm woken up by some jerkoff blowing off about 10 rounds between 1:00 and 2:00 am and they never seem to hit anything but this was different, this was rapid fire or two weapons being fired at once.

So I'm wondering, does anyone else here have to put up with this crap?

edit - Sorry folks, I should have emphasized more strongly that I was primarily referring to the gunshots of people shooting at other people, not just shooters out having some fun or hunting. I also didn't account for most of you not knowing that my location is a suburb that has gone downhill as urban residents have moved in. Most of them are great but a few have taken the city here with them and crime has increased accordingly.

Last edited:
I only hear gun shots at the crack of dawn, ducks hunters maybe. Then if its quiet I can hear the 2 clubs near me.

I can hear Exeter sportsmen's club and SIG academy on a quiet day. Sometimes, it sounds like Beirut in 1983. It's awesome.

About 20 minutes ago I heard lot of gunshots, then an engine revving. A minute later I started hearing sirens.

Every few months I'm woken up by some jerkoff blowing off about 10 rounds between 1:00 and 2:00 am and they never seem to hit anything but this was different, this was rapid fire or two weapons being fired at once.

Just another reason why city living sucks.

I live near Devens. Way more than 10 rounds at a time. Like NickJ said, the sound of freedom.

Last edited:
I joke with my friends when we are out and hear gunshots. 'Oh shit! Should we shelter in place?'

Eh, I am carrying and aware, not gonna give two f***s what someone else is doing if it doesn't affect me!

Parts of Plymouth we still hear shots at all hours of the night when fishing. So glad there is still some freedom in this state!

I also like hearing the hunters, but usually get a little jealous that I'm not out there too.

Well, personally, I grew up in Dorchester....In summer, when the windows were open, I heard more gunshots than I did birds chirping.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! [smile]

I'm not talking about recreational shooting like the people here do, I'm talking about what turned out to be a multiple shooting, making that approximately 5 (?) people shot within a few hundred yards of my house in the last two months.

I don't have a solid number for last nights fun, since I haven't found a news article yet but I have two victims names so far and believe there was at least a third.

Edit: my fault for not emphasizing in the original post that I wasn't talking about people enjoying freedom or hunting.

Last edited:
When we lived in Vermont,we were fairly close to the General Electric test firing range.They were constantly shooting the Vulcan Gatling gun used on the A-10 Worthog.Now that was awesome.

I hear gunfire all the time...sometimes full auto. But this is a small rural town in New Hampshire, so it's normal.[smile]

See now that's music to my ears, like holidays at my brothers house in NH when we go shooting in the backyard after dinner and can hear the neighbors shooting too. [grin]

I feel them more than hear them. Hearing is near lost most days. Pretty much why social interaction is limited. Gotta learn sign.

Yea, I hate guns. I wish they didn't exist. I hope some day the police come and round them all up and take them away from everyone, so I can sleep in peace. [rolleyes]

Love to hear someone having a good time popping off a few rounds. However, I'm not a fan of picking up stray bullets from the driveway which I used to do at my Tennessee house. I never found the fvcktard who was doing this.

Rapid fire string in the city = sound of freedom? Sounds more like one less Winter Hill witness to me.

Yea, I hate guns. I wish they didn't exist. I hope some day the police come and round them all up and take them away from everyone, so I can sleep in peace. [rolleyes]

The point was that I was wondering how many others here, hear people frequently shooting at other people near their home like I do.

Last edited:
Allright, I'll talk to the original point of this thread.

I haven't heard gunfire in anyplace I've lived except here in Methuen, and that includes the four years in Boston right near the combat zone.

I have a friend that lives in Randolph. When I first started visiting him in the late 90's I thought it looked like it was still holding on to its 1950's look and feel, and even since then, it's changed quite a bit.

The shots I hear usually on weekends are the guys over at the Methuen Rod & Gun club, which is about two miles from my house and on the other side of I93, and the road noise doesn't drown-out the sound coming from the Club.

I'm at work on 113 on dracut . Some ones having fun at the range . Load enough I can hear the slow fire shots inside my building . Normally can ou hear them when I'm out side .

I used to live two blocks from a gun club growing up. It was normal background noise as much as birds chirping.

How old are you? You may be in the early stages of a schizophrenic break.

Growing up in South Boston I heard more than my fair share of city gunfire. Was at my mom's place a few weeks ago and heard a string of seven shots on the other side of the block that turned out to be a drive-by. That was the second person shot there and the third within a hundred yards of her door over a three week span. To be fair, it is far from a normal thing for the area she lives in but apparently there's been a serious uptick in drugs since the spring. Cops have been all over the area since that night so I'm hoping they'll drive the maggots out. That, or the shooters are getting the point across and stop having to make the drive over from dot/'bury.

Back
Top Bottom