• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

am i overstocking 22 guns?

should i be experimenting with other stuff?
I am not experienced enough to be bored with them honestly.
I have the ruger american (bolt), I am buying from a member an SR22 (handgun), and I buying from a forum supporter/vendor an M&P 15-22 Sport (AR lol).
I obviously love the prices 22 ammo, I am fairly stocked up (I believe I am around 8000 rounds now). I love that I can go to the range for 4 hours and my shoulder (and pocket) is fine. My girl loves shooting them as well.

I know the general mentality is you cannot have too many guns, but I dont know, figured its a good topic for discussion.

IMO if you enjoy them then you're fine. If you feel the itch to try something else go for it. 22 is great for reasonably priced plinking. with 8000 and 3 guns I think you're off to a good start. Sounds like you found the rabbit hole.

Nothing wrong with 22's I have over 10 of them.They are great for training,and a whole lot of fun to shoot.

Depends on your intended use... I would not want to fight off a home invader with a 22 tho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

How about 556 /223. It's a 22 (sort of) on roids

i have a very nice 223 Savage (bolt action) that will get a new scope next year, once I am better than the scope (not the case currently).

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing wrong with 22's I have over 10 of them.They are great for training,and a whole lot of fun to shoot.

thats exactly how i feel

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on your intended use... I would not want to fight off a home invader with a 22 tho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

a shotgun is in the near future too, BUT i am still buying my range/fun guns.

- - - Updated - - -

you only have 3 guns maybe and 8000 rds ?

i am not sure what the question is.

I'm sure the Ruger American is nice but if I also had a 1522 Id probably ditch it for a quality center fire pistol in 9mm. Assuming you'd need to use the funds for that purchase.

I'm sure the Ruger American is nice but if I also had a 1522 Id probably ditch it for a quality center fire pistol in 9mm. Assuming you'd need to use the funds for that purchase.

i am a sucker for bolt action guns, and i have good chemistry with the American. we will see how things go with the 15-22, but I expect it to be a lot of fun.

.22's are great to HAVE, but you NEED a Main Battle Rifle...

[QUOTEI am fairly stocked up (I believe I am around 8000 rounds now). [/QUOTE]

Some folks around here would be shooting that in a weekend. Stocked means over 100 000 rds, IMHO.

[QUOTEI am fairly stocked up (I believe I am around 8000 rounds now).

Some folks around here would be shooting that in a weekend. Stocked means over 100 000 rds, IMHO.[/QUOTE]

ok, my standards arent up to NES level yet lol

- - - Updated - - -

.22's are great to HAVE, but you NEED a Main Battle Rifle...

such as? :D

you need a vintage 22 like a Marlin 39A lever gun or a pump which are awesome. Something like a Winchester 62A or Remington Model 12

soon you'll have the opposite problem, too many different guns to feed. There's something to be said for consolidation.

sooner or later a gun in another caliber will sing to you. Maybe it'll be new, maybe something with history you see somewhere.

i have a marlin 60, s&w22a, and s&w422. i still need a bolt action rifle (henry) and sell the POS marlin to fund a ruger 10-22

so answer to op's question??? 4 would be enough for me, but if i ran across a s&w revolver............

soon you'll have the opposite problem, too many different guns to feed. There's something to be said for consolidation.

sooner or later a gun in another caliber will sing to you. Maybe it'll be new, maybe something with history you see somewhere.

i can sense the wisdom in this post. i like it.

I have a bunch of 22's and I'll buy another one if the price is right. I have pistols, revolvers and rifles. They are fun guns don't let anyone tell you, you need to sell one to buy a larger caliber, buy one if you want one, not because someone thinks you should.

22lr guns.....man if you enjoy shooting 22s can never get boring.
At one point I could not name all the 22s I had at one point.
I know shooters that have so may 22s it's staggering.
Target 22s from anschuzt to H&R model 12s
Most people don't even know mossberg actually made some nice 22lr bolt guns.
Then there are all the single shot and countless semi autos.
The 22lr pistols are also a variety vast in itself.

My only consideration is you do not have enough ammo 8k rounds is nothing especially if things go bad again.

I wish 22 scratched my itch, but I get bored with zero recoil. However, I need to get a 22 pistol to save money. How do you like the Ruger American Rifle?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Don't get into air guns .....you will have the same problem.

If you at any point get bored with 22lr step out to 200 yards or shoot smaller targets.

Back
Top Bottom