• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Am I just Selfish?

JonJ

NES Member
I worked all weekend and saw everyone having cookouts, cruising (cars, MC's, boats), laying on the beach and just having a general good time. I look around and all looks good in the world but you know everyone is still thinking about Katrina and it's devistation. We all know that "our" people are helping our fellow citizens in their time of need and they will be taken care of by "us".

I'm home now and I sit here flipping between FoxNews and CNN and hear all about other countries, NATO, and the UN sending assitance to us, the USA. These are the same people that constantly criticize us, our government. I say who needs them, we can take care of ourselves. Do we really need them? Are we just being nice and letting them help? Am I wrong to think this way?

I know and everybody else knows we dont need them, but you know what? Every dime we get from them is less we have to pay. We, us, our tax dollars goes all over the world all the time. I say let them give us some help, regardless if we need it or not.

derek said:
I know and everybody else knows we dont need them, but you know what? Every dime we get from them is less we have to pay. We, us, our tax dollars goes all over the world all the time. I say let them give us some help, regardless if we need it or not.
Ya but doesn't it make you feel the least bit embarrassed? I mean WE need outside help?

Jon for what I pay each year in Tax, I say here is America's account # send dem shits in.... It's about time we get some return on our investments.

JonJ said:
Moderator said:
Kuwait Pledges $500M for Hurricane Relief

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050904/ap_on_re_mi_ea/katrina_mideast_hk4

I'll gladly take this
Ya and that's after this bullshit:
http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/05/front2453615.183333333.html

Remember most Kuwaiti's are rich like the hollywood peeps, they have no grasp of reality and whenever they make a statement, nobody pays attention.

It's like Shawn Penn or Johnny Depp saying something, nobody gives them an ounce of credit.

MrsWildweasel said:
Considering what we pay out to everyone else,this will only be a drop in the bucket. It'll help.

But I feel that we don't need anyone's help. We are the United States of America.
I agree with everyone that we should take because of what we've given but we don't need their stinking help. We as Americans take pride in the fact that we can take care of ourselves and just about everyone else in the world that needs us. That's what makes US Americans!

MrsWildweasel said:
Also if we don't we would be seen as burning bridges.
Then let them donate cash to the Salvation Army, Red Cross or other private disaster relief org.

Just let the rest of the world live under the delusion that they paid us back for a fraction of their debt to us for saving their asses in the past...

I'm sure some countries are donating cash,along with goods. Something else will happen and they forget about us anyways. We'll be paying for this for along time to come.

For once they are helping us. Nothing wrong with that. we have Helped so many countrys over the history of this country with money materials and our
troops blood. I say it is about time.

I understand how you feel Jon, we're Americans and we always help everyone else, including ourselves. However, that being said, it's about time the rest of the world (who we've spent billions helping, if not more) sent some help. Even tho some of these countries have bashed us and numerous times, I'll still take their help and ease the strain on my tax dollars.

You won't hear, however, "What took them so long to offer!?!" like we got hit with after the tsunami. [roll]

Back
Top Bottom