• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Am I alone?

This is and was, a 150 rd. bulk box. You can easily fit another 40 rounds in here now.

Am I the only one that does this?

The thought of ammo cans full of loose ammo is appalling to me, I just can’t do it. Maybe mild OCD, maybe wasted space irritates me.
Either way, I need some bandoliers and spoons if I’m going to spend time repacking boo-lets. ;)
image.jpg

haha, now that you're out....i do it too. i feel better now letting it out. i have to have neat little printed slips in there giving me an exact count. ocd sucks. i wish i could clean the house with such precision as my organizational skills.

There's a club for that; we meet at the range.

When I got my first can of Greek 30.06 for my Garand, I bought as many en blocs as I needed and clipped then stacked them all. Suddenly could fit so many more in that box.

But then I keep a spreadsheet with everything in inventory for reference.

Those are J words not boolets/boolits
OCD , let’s hope not because after all that time stacking them pretty you won’t want to shoot them.
Also I can’t be the only one who would see that and shake them up to mess them up!

Jesus cwithe. [rofl] You would have had an aneurysm if you were in my presence back when i used to buy cases of 762 x 39 on the reg. First order of business was dumping those stupid 20 round boxes and just bulk dumping it into 30 cal ammo cans....

-Mike

Jesus cwithe. [rofl] You would have had an aneurysm if you were in my presence back when i used to buy cases of 762 x 39 on the reg. First order of business was dumping those stupid 20 round boxes and just bulk dumping it into 30 cal ammo cans....

-Mike

This gives me that feeling like you’re about to have a cold chill, but it never happens.

Edit- you’re a monster.

I'm that way with my shotgun hunting ammo. I have it all sorted by gauge , shot size, high brass and low brass on a shelving unit. If I use a partial box on a hunt I can't just dump what's left loose in the box....have to stack them neat in the box then write on the box how many are left.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is what I was eluding too. If I’m going to spend the time dicking around with them, I might as well make them easy to load later.

I have a fair amount of extras right now, if you need a starter kit I’d be happy to send you some w/a spoon to get you started. Are you familiar with how they work?

Some packaging is better than others. If the boxes fit evenly into the fat 50 cal ammo box then I keep them. If not then I dump the shells in like gravel, close the lid and try not to think about it. Stripper clips rule!

Some packaging is better than others. If the boxes fit evenly into the fat 50 cal ammo box then I keep them. If not then I dump the shells in like gravel, close the lid and try not to think about it. Stripper clips rule!

Stripper clips FTMFW!

I :emoji_hearts: Strippers!

iu

Back
Top Bottom