Am I alone on this?

I often think when the SHTF or whatever that means,"do I have enough mags and ammo"? I think if I loaded up all my mags for the different firearms I have could I do what needs to be done to protect me and my family? Now I don't want to sound paranoid but should I seek counseling, or keep all my mags topped off?

You can never have enough ammo and mags. The fact that you pose this question tells me that You do need counseling.

NES counseling. [laugh]

There is nothing wrong with having a few hundred mags topped off ready to go.

I often think when the SHTF or whatever that means,"do I have enough mags and ammo"? I think if I loaded up all my mags for the different firearms I have could I do what needs to be done to protect me and my family? Now I don't want to sound paranoid but should I seek counseling, or keep all my mags topped off?

just rotate them occasionaly so the springs dont wear out lol

How often are you thinking about this?

If its almost every waking moment, you're getting paranoid, while thinking about being prepared isnt a bad thing but becoming obsessed with it is completely different. you need to relax bro

If its just on NES, id say you're fine.

If its almost every waking moment, you're getting paranoid, while thinking about being prepared isnt a bad thing but becoming obsessed with it is completely different. you need to relax bro

Bah!!

It's not paranoia if they are actually out to get You.

Of course on NES, where else can you express your feelings than with family[smile]

i use to keep all my mags topped off till i went to the range one day and none of them worked from the springs being squished. But i had the same thought but the end result was as un reliable as an empty mag.

i use to keep all my mags topped off till i went to the range one day and none of them worked from the springs being squished. But i had the same thought but the end result was as un reliable as an empty mag.

What mags were you using? How old were they?

Keep a few mags "Topped Off" and rotate (shoot them) periodically.
Marksmanship is more perishable.... than a magazine spring.

Last edited:
A better question might be "will my family starve/freeze/run out of booze before I run out of ammo?"

Infantry go on patrol with, what, 7 30-round mags for combat? How many rounds do you need before the looters/gangs/MZB's to leave you alone and find a softer target?

Oh, wait. Never mind. You need as many loaded mags as you and your wife and your kids can carry. [smile]

If your thinking this way from Nes stay away from the outdoors section of ar15.com!!!

If your thinking this way from Nes stay away from the outdoors section of ar15.com!!!

[smile][smile][smile] I was thinking the same thing when I wrote the first reply.

Revised ARFCOM-approved answer for the OP:
2000 rounds for each longarm, 1000 rounds for each sidearm, and multiples of each for each shooter. Two equals one and one equals none.

[smile]

Unless they were poor quality and kept in a high humidity environment where the compressed springs would rust together, i cant see how this would happen.

Me neither.
I now keep most of my mags loaded just because it tricks me into thinking I don't have any ammo so I buy/make more.

Back
Top Bottom