Aluminum Pistol Range Box????????

Hey guys.....I am looking for a range box for 3-4 pistols. Preferably made from aluminum. The only one I can seem to find online is the ADG sports model. These only carry two pistols. Thanks in advance..... Brian

Last edited:
That is a nice case. I am looking for more of a standup box that has a door and a slide tray for the guns and maybe a lower level for glasses and ammo. Might have to make one out of wood.....

Ahhh... That's it right there. Just what I was looking for...THANK YOU!!!!

glad to help!

FWIW, if you want the aluminum for "security", realize it's only that: security in quotes. As far as meeting the law, a cloth bag with the zipper held closed by a luggage lock meets the requirement.

Matt

A few of the guys on my pistol team use the Strong boxes, and they're really built like battleships (and about as big and heavy). Too much for me, so I'll stick with the Gun Ho that I've had for the last 30 years or so, but for absolute protection and security you can't do better than Strong.

Gun Ho recently went belly up, but I understand Steve at The Shooters Box has been in negotiations with the luggage people somewhere in the midwest who used to make them and he's planning to revive the line. Hope so.

Just ran into a link to these pistol boxes [scroll down to the bottom of the page] that appear to be similar to the old Gun Ho design but may (from the name) be made from aluminum - or maybe just the lock is. I don't know anything about them, but there are so few options out there it might be worth a call

Just ran into a link to these pistol boxes [scroll down to the bottom of the page] that appear to be similar to the old Gun Ho design but may (from the name) be made from aluminum - or maybe just the lock is. I don't know anything about them, but there are so few options out there it might be worth a call

Yea looks pretty nice I am going to call for a price. Thanks....

I really find it amazing sometimes. I was Googling for range boxes and NES came up as one of the top links for the box, that happened to me earlier on something else also. It just go's to show you, we have good info here !!! [smile] [smile] [smile]

Last edited:
I got one from Harbor Freight the other day, on sale for 25$. I know harbor freight is not know for its quality, but from it's looks alone, I was impressed. Hard aluminum outside, spacious inside. It came with extra foam, a removable "tool" holder that fits in the lid (perfect for pistol magazines), a shoulder strap, and the clasps lock. I fit 3 pistols, 6 magazines, 400rounds of ammo, ears, and targets in it the other day with room to spare. I now just need to see how it holds up to use.

Back
Top Bottom