• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Alternatives for .32 SWL LW?

Jim Poulette

NES Member
Just wondering if anyone out there can suggest any reliable alternatives for .32 S&W Long Lead Wadcutter for bullseye.

I've been using the Fiocchi 32LA (100gr, 730fps) with pretty good success - but have been looking around for something else to try. I'd consider reloads too if I could find a reliable source. Although the prices are definitely going up - the Fiocchi's seem reasonably priced.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim: Try reloading. I'm using a Lapua 83 gr bullet with 1.4-1.6 gr. of Bullseye. The Speer 98 gr. bullet is also good. This is for 25 yards. At fifty you will have to work a up a load for your particular gun/barrel. Greg

Thanks Greg! I've never considered reloading, but I might have to. I'm new to bullseye, but as an ME I find this stuff pretty facinating. As for 50yds, I'm thinking about one of those fast twist barrels I've been reading about - makes a lot of sense to me although I'm sure the load is still a major contributor to accuracy over that distance.

But, I've still got a lot of tightening up to do at 25yards first [wink]

J

32 cal

I use the Fiocci in my Walter GSP 32 cal with great results at 25 yards. I have used the Lapua for 50 yards and not had to change my sights. If I use the Fiocci at 50 yds I would have to come up 12-15 clicks with my red dot.
The Lapua is hard to find and costs more but not having to change sight agustments is worth it to me.

Because you where so nice and shipped the revolver to me I'd be glad to give you a box of 32 cal Lapua to try and see if you like it. I don't think I can mail it USPS but if you have a address I'll send it UPS

Dan Long

32 long

get a Lee cast turret press,and lee molds and pot.ect.I dont know what Greg
would recomend and I dont know him personally BUT he knows his stuff,as I do know who he is.I load 32 acp and long and short.but my gun is a S&W I model.I have loaded 32 acp for revolver but you dont for the gun you have.[grin]

Back
Top Bottom