• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Alternative to Boston Sunday Globe

Chris M.

NES Member
I will not give the globe another cent.

Does the Wall Street Journal have a Sunday print edition? Does the Herald?

What do you get or subscribe to online?

Is there a conservative Sunday news paper in this country?

Globe substitute = Toilet paper!

Alternative to the Boston Globe? The truth....[wink]

I use to read the Globe and the Herald. I gave up on the Globe a number of years ago. Within the last few years I gave up the Herald, though I still go to their website.

I find it harder to find entities that will report and not slant it to their own agenda. Just report and let the reader decide!

Good luck with your quest.

Alternative to the Boston Globe? The truth....[wink]

lol, +1

I use to read the Globe and the Herald. I gave up on the Globe a number of years ago. Within the last few years I gave up the Herald, though I still go to their website.

I havent picked up a Boston paper in years. Read the local one to keep tabs on whats happening in town. I read Investors Business Daily for years. Obviously a business heavy paper, even more so than WSJ, but still had a lot of interesting not-so-business articles. They seem to always have a free trial period advertised if anyone is interested.

I find it harder to find entities that will report and not slant it to their own agenda. Just report and let the reader decide!

Good luck with your quest.

We havent had access to anything like that in a long time. Everything seems to be a combo of yellow journalism and fluff. I looked at the front page of CNN's website. Filled with Justin Beiber antics, dog falls in a well, 25 lb baby, etc, type of stories. Its a cross between a celebrity gossip rag and Ripleys believe it or not.

We havent had access to anything like that in a long time. Everything seems to be a combo of yellow journalism and fluff. I looked at the front page of CNN's website. Filled with Justin Beiber antics, dog falls in a well, 25 lb baby, etc, type of stories. Its a cross between a celebrity gossip rag and Ripleys believe it or not.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I get so tired of all the fluff stories on the local "news". At one time they would do a silly segment, but now it runs through the entire broadcast.

If you would like to have unbiased global news I would recommend to get English version of the German magazine Spiegel. You can download it in iTunes application store. For a small fee you will get news loaded on your iPhone. The problem with paper version of any newspaper is that it is old at the time it was printed. The Boston Globe had a very nice phone application but they decided to change it for worst and it is not worthy of loading it now.

Try out Reddit and subscribing to a subreddits. The have all different subreddits. You can subscribe to local ones like Boston, World News, Today I learned, etc. There are also guns ones like (guns, ccw, AR15, etc.). It's all user submitted but there is all kinds of stuff.

Reddit in its native form really sucks to read in my opinion but i use firefox and use the R.E.S and Shiny plugins with the (Reddit Shiny! Full Package) on userscripts. It makes it much better to read. AdBlock Element Hider is also helpful for hiding the default junk subreddits.

Last edited:
I don't like the globe, but I read it. I don't like the herald, politico, commondreams or the huffington post - but I read them all - somewhere in the mess lies a snippet of the truth.

Im also a fan of all the alternative media out there, matt drudge, alex jones etc - nobody has the lock on the truth, so its up to the consumer of the media to get as many opinions to get informed and get ahead of what the other side is thinking, how the right is spinning it to their own agenda and make decisions from there.

The Wall Street Journal does a weekend edition on Saturday and is definitely conservative. They generally have an interesting editorial section most days. It does have quite a bit of world and national news but, not surprisingly, typically will look at things from a business perspective. I have a daily subscription to the Journal and I get the Globe on weekends... mostly for the sports section and for various other uses already described above. I check out Fox.com and CNN.com as I figure the truth usually lives somewhere between them.

The best substitute for the Globe might be Pravda, but I don't know if they're still publishing.

For over 40 years I subscribed to the same local daily paper. They went full-moonbat over the years, and I finally stopped reading it. I used to refer to it as "The Standard-Fellatio." My bride didn't want to cancel it, but the funny thing is she rarely read it either. [hmmm] I finally told her that if she wanted to continue the subscription she would be the one going outside to bring it in, then she could collect them, bundle them up, and take them to the transfer station herself. We cancelled the subscription shortly after that.

Back
Top Bottom