• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Alpha Munitions

I have not heard back from the few folks I know that bought some 6.5 back before Christmas when they had deal on it.

Good stuff. I bought x500 6.5 CM from them. And, then went on to purchase another 500 after trying them out.

The brass is quite a bit thicker and, as such, case capacity will be a bit less than your Hornady's, etc. Thickness is similar to Lapua. You'll need to re-tune your load to adjust.

Flash holes are clean and don't really need to be touched up. Neck uniformity out of the box is probably good enough but could be turned if you're looking to build extra consistent loads. You have plenty of brass thickness on these to turn them to within a thou if you should so choose. You will need to trim case length since they do vary more than I'd like to see (should be standard practice anyhow). You'll be able to get many reloads out of these especially if you anneal.

I'm at about five reloads on one batch and am not seeing much deterioration other than, perhaps, primer pockets starting to loosen up (large primer pockets on the CM I bought). Seeing some light flow indication at the case head on resizing but nothing to be concerned about at this point (most probably caused by my reloading procedure - full resize). They still seem to have life in them. Relative to Hornady's and Federal brass, for instance, after two or three reloads I find that I have to be careful to inspect for cracks in the neck, case head weakening, and random loose primer pockets. Doesn't seem to be nearly as much of concern with this brass.

Pricing has been the same since they were introduced and is reasonable. These are a good option if you are looking into precision reloads.

6.5 Guys did a youtube video stress testing these awhile ago, I think.

Thank you for the info vicorjh. I tried Peterson 6.5 SRP, LRP and thier Fat Necks and was not impressed at all. They were no better than Hornady, Federal or Starline. I seen the 6.5 Guys on the Alpha Muntions brass which is what prompted me to ask/post the thread to get more data etc. I have PLENTY of Lapua. I will most likley pick some up to run through the gamete.

Thank you for the info vicorjh. I tried Peterson 6.5 SRP, LRP and thier Fat Necks and was not impressed at all. They were no better than Hornady, Federal or Starline. I seen the 6.5 Guys on the Alpha Muntions brass which is what prompted me to ask/post the thread to get more data etc. I have PLENTY of Lapua. I will most likley pick some up to run through the gamete.

Just curious if you had a chance to try the Alpha brass...

Just curious if you had a chance to try the Alpha brass...
lol interesting timing on this vicorjh. Picked some up about 3 month ago in 6mm Creedmoor. I am just now prepping it to load. So far my only complaint is the primer pockets. I uniform the pockets and deburr flashholes. I use K&M Precision tools for this process and so far Alpha primer pockets are a bear to uniform because they are so tight.

Back
Top Bottom