Alone.

The larger cans spray for 10-20 seconds, which, coincidently, is the same amount of time you are shitting your pants as the bears comes towards you.

Sounds perfect for survival: You can spend the next couple hours cleaning your eyes of spray and your drawers of excrement. That's super easy to do with a handful of dirt & some leaves. I wonder if its warm enough to go for a swim around the island? They wouldn't stick them out there in the winter, that would be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Good show. I won't ruin it for those that haven't finished it.
They get what I presume is a prepicked list of things they can pick 10 things from.
Given what we know they can pick, what would you guys have picked and what would you have done differently or the
same as the contestants?

Good show. I won't ruin it for those that haven't finished it.
They get what I presume is a prepicked list of things they can pick 10 things from.
Given what we know they can pick, what would you guys have picked and what would you have done differently or the
same as the contestants?

I'd probably start with a chainsaw and a bunch of gas. I think shelter or lack there of has a big mental effect on people especially with the weather they were dealing with.

hey look another survival reality show where dangerous predators are never shown in the same shot as the survivalists.

Yeah, I'm thinking they aren't all that concerned about selfies with a dangerous predator as they are about oh I don't know, getting away from the dangerous predator?

- - - Updated - - -

They have casting open for it right now, you can apply for it on the website.

If I could get away from work, I'd be on it like a rat on a cheeto.

New season of Alone starts tonight at 9pm on the history channel. In the world of garbage that's today's TV I thought the first season was good, a little slow here and there but good nonetheless. I'm interested to see how the new group of folks do after seeing how the first crew did.

I like they had last years winner narrating, I hope he does the whole season, should be able to add some good color to the show.

New season of Alone starts tonight at 9pm on the history channel. In the world of garbage that's today's TV I thought the first season was good, a little slow here and there but good nonetheless. I'm interested to see how the new group of folks do after seeing how the first crew did.

Thanks for the reminder. Almost missed it.

You didn't miss too much, just an introduction of the new people and what they did and their background. Some behind the scenes technical stuff. They seem like they are a little more prepared than the last group, at least they certainly learned from watching them.

I watched some of the early ones. I was surprised how hard it was for some people to spend time alone.
A couple guys seemed to have a harder time with that than they did with the foraging and such.
At least one guy was a real whiner who bailed quick because he was so lonely?

If I could stay relatively warm and dry and keep belly partially filled I could go a long time without the company of another human.......[thinking]

Good show. I like the guy from Maine this year. I would have loved to do that show... oh about 30 years ago.

Still enjoy roughing it but these days I'm tapping out after a weekend... especially if the weather sucks.

P1000253.jpg

Aw crap. I posted to the wrong thread.

Just watching the 2nd episode now. Not really surprised by the first 2 to tap out and the "reasons" why.

#2 was a dumbass accident just waiting to happen.

One thing i really dont understand in all of these survival shows is that yes while a few have chosen to go with a bow and arrow.. why do none of these shows ever show how most of us would bring a .22 rifle with a big box of .22 ammo?

I mean hell they have a 15oz .22 rifle online using a cricket action. Couple that with the 500 rounds of .22 .

I don't have cable and was able to stream the first two seasons on History's website. Was really looking forward to season 3 but the only episode they will let you stream is #1. What a bummer..

Meanwhile, off camera they are getting hookers, beers and burgers and laughing about the people who think it is real.

Still remember Bear Grylls doing some of his crap and how they taped it to make it look like he was in the middle of nowhere and he was really off of popular areas of Hawaii and one piece, he was right off a highway.

Seriously. You want to have me watch this type of reality TV, make it real.

Throw 10 people on an Island, 2 knives, last person living wins the money

You want to stage games to make it interesting. Fine... Put two competitors on small platforms 15 feet in the air 75 feet apart with pile of pungee sticks surrounding the bases. You give them bow and 10 arrows each.

Meanwhile, off camera they are getting hookers, beers and burgers and laughing about the people who think it is real.

Still remember Bear Grylls doing some of his crap and how they taped it to make it look like he was in the middle of nowhere and he was really off of popular areas of Hawaii and one piece, he was right off a highway.

Seriously. You want to have me watch this type of reality TV, make it real.

Throw 10 people on an Island, 2 knives, last person living wins the money

You want to stage games to make it interesting. Fine... Put two competitors on small platforms 15 feet in the air 75 feet apart with pile of pungee sticks surrounding the bases. You give them bow and 10 arrows each.

You missed that entertainment by about 2,000 years, but who knows, history has a way of repeating itself.

I don't get all the Bear Gryls hate, when watching his shows it was always clear to me that the situations were set up, it even had a disclaimer when the show started. It was a 'what to do' in this situation, not a 'I am in this situation', they even had episodes showing the whole crew there and making them taste the disgusting things he would eat. Maybe it's just me, but I never thought he was out there all week in his own.

Back
Top Bottom