Aloha! Massachusetts EBT cards used at posh hotels in Hawaii

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can't afford to eat but can afford a trip to Hawaii...must be nice. I haven't taken a real vacation since my honeymoon 6 years ago and I make pretty good money. I guess it's all that taking care of my family responsibilities and buying nice shit for scumbag strangers holding me back.

If I were King I'd end EBT and, because I'm not totally heartless, would have a sack of rice and beans dropped off at the doorsteps of TRULY indigent people monthly.

Palladin

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0

Wonder if this will trickle down in MA

Reptile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Food Stamp workers do their best to get people on food stamps.

They tell people how to cheat.

The more people they sign up the more money they make and the next year their budget will be bigger.

The last thing food stamp workers would do is investigate their subjects for fraud.

NH_Realtor

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was a landlord prospective tenants would say that I would be crazy not to rent to them, they are on section 8, guaranteed money from the government every month. Never once rented to a section 8 tenant.
As a landlord you told people you didn’t rent to section 8 tenants and managed to not get sued? You sir are INSANELY lucky. Discrimination against section 8 is a very very bad idea.

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
As a landlord you told people you didn’t rent to section 8 tenants and managed to not get sued? You sir are INSANELY lucky. Discrimination against section 8 is a very very bad idea.
Yes, I told everyone. It was an owner occupied 2 family. You could refuse anyone. I had to refuse one person because he needed to put a gun safe in the apartment and I didn't think the floor could take the weight.

NH_Realtor

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I told everyone. It was an owner occupied 2 family. You could refuse anyone. I had to refuse one person because he needed to put a gun safe in the apartment and I didn't think the floor could take the weight.
As long as it was the only multifamily property you owned. If you owned another one OR if you enlisted an agency to rent out the apartment you cannot discriminate against anyone.

ETA - gun safes are not a protected class so you're good there 😂

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
As a constable once told me, “thank you for your application. I have had many people submit and I may have someone, but I will keep you posted.” Never commit.

NH_Realtor

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a constable once told me, “thank you for your application. I have had many people submit and I may have someone, but I will keep you posted.” Never commit.
You can deny someone for having too perfect of credit. I have seen it done. You can also deny someone and not give a reason. But credit is generally the #1 reason someone get's denied, and shockingly most people that have a housing voucher in my experience have not had stellar credit.

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
As long as it was the only multifamily property you owned. If you owned another one OR if you enlisted an agency to rent out the apartment you cannot discriminate against anyone.

ETA - gun safes are not a protected class so you're good there 😂
I liked the gun guy but i was just too worried about the weight! He understood and i told him he would be better off looking for a 1st floor apartment.
Any time i had a "for rent" ad it was like the circus coming to town, from the Dean students who would beg and have their parents write a letter of credit to a crazy family from Maine who kept looking at my neighbors pool and saying that they can't wait until summer to use the pool... needless to say I didn't even give them an application.

Top Bottom