ALMOST GONE BABY GONE!!!!

I gotta ask the obvious question: MA is so horrible you lived here 65 years?

I’m betting same reason as most, Family ties. The second my kids are out of school and my parents and in-laws don’t need us I’m out too. This state sucks.
all the old timers moving out...be nice to have a couple of good years there before you die.

my parents, married 52 years at the time, almost divorced over florida heat and humidity. when they went down, mom lasted 18 days and came back. told the old man he could stay in florida if he wanted, she wasn't going near the place. he wimped out and came back. they both died in massachusetts. [grin]

I don’t get that line of thinking. Selling out to what? Massachusetts isn’t a team Or religion ,my allegiance is to family and country not state. It’s also the human condition to stay with what you know. I remember reading not long ago that 90% of humans will live in and die within 30 miles of their birthplace. We are creatures of habit. I would bet most folks on this Forum saying they will leave the state has nothing to do with the people but the politics. Most of us are entrenched here in different ways before we even become politically aware. If I had no family I would have been gone by 25. Warmer months in Montana, winter months down south is the plan.
Yeah, and he runs off to his New Hampshire "Safe Space" whenever he feels depressed. No surprise.

My parents and now sister live in sunny Florida! You do realize that it is 90 degrees and 90% humidity 6 months of the year! Last time I was down there I never saw so many low lives and degenerates. Also once Governor Desantis is done it will be over taken by liberal newbies that have moved in. I know a ton of folks who initially moved there and are now back. Also their healthcare is terrible our own experience and getting worse. When I had to take my wife to one of the largest hospitals for aid the admitting folks didn't know Medicare from my supplement. they claimed my complement Tufts was charged first argued with them for 20 minutes until the boss came down and told them I was correct. One other thing you should know all Home owners insurance down there require roofs inspected and replaced every ten years. Been there done that! It probably won't affect you if in condo though Good luck but you can keep Florida there are better places to retire!
I went to Jupiter to sea trial a boat I bought a few years back and was surprised at the low life activity one block away from the "nice area".

Hope it all works out for OP and congrats on getting out.

A seller in Kings Point Florida has accepted my offer on condo unit. As soon as I have found a buyer for my condo here in Amesbury
it's Asta Lavista Baby.!!!!! GOODBYE AND GOOD RIDDANCE TO THE PRM.
Im in the next town over.....in NH. Added bonus for you leaving Amesbrook is now you can go back to driving OVER 35 mph.... ;)

Well it is 65 degrees with a mid 40's dew point right now, it is bright and sunny, windows open.

Just came back from the flea market.... all sorts of guns and ammo for sale, show a FL divers license and you could walk out with a bunch of nice stuff....

My house was built in 2006, original roof, survived a couple of hurricanes so far, the only thing my insurance company wanted to see by way of an inspection was that there were hurricane clips used on the roof.

Sure from Mid May til Mid September it is hot, and it is humid. From October to April in New England it is cold and barren.
I can turn the AC up and be comfortable when it gets hot.

I am in Lee County.... yes it has its problems in some areas, You stay out of Lawrence, I'll stay out of Dunbar.

We have DeSantis, you have Baker, Sunnunu, or worse.

We have Fantasy Fest in Key West, you have Provincetown.

I never have to close my swimming pool, in the colder months I have to run the pool heater a couple of hours a day and keep it covered when we are not using it to maintain 87 degrees, but it is not a burden

There is no state income tax here.

No pot holes, no traffic jams (except in tourist areas), no salt or sand used on the roads... cars last forever here

Majestic IsleA copy SAVE.jpgIMG_20211123_114927143.jpg

@paul73

the pools are under screened in rooms... it is unusual for a gator to get in a pool and I have a 12 foot gator named Grandpa that lives 297' from my pool cage.

I did take a baby gator out of my neighbors pool one day... she left her door open.

We have gators all around us, and snakes. The snakes are the real danger. You don't go reaching into your bushes and shrubs without hitting them with a rake and wearing gloves.... we don't walk barefoot in the grass either.

Congrats to the OP.

I'd prefer to spend the rest of my days in the darkest, stankiest, pest ridden swamps of Louisiana/Arkansas than spend another five years of my life in this shithole.

I don’t get that line of thinking. Selling out to what? Massachusetts isn’t a team Or religion ,my allegiance is to family and country not state. It’s also the human condition to stay with what you know. I remember reading not long ago that 90% of humans will live in and die within 30 miles of their birthplace. We are creatures of habit. I would bet most folks on this Forum saying they will leave the state has nothing to do with the people but the politics. Most of us are entrenched here in different ways before we even become politically aware. If I had no family I would have been gone by 25. Warmer months in Montana, winter months down south is the plan.
Bingo, most folks are to chicken shit to ever leave what they know. Hell most folks I've known whose only experience of anywhere else is vacation time, and nearly all go to the same spot every year. I even know some that not only go to the same destination, but take the same week every year(not timeshare) and even go so far as to book the same room when checking out.

It's truly a sad and pathetic existence. I can't imagine living a life so afraid of doing anything different than something I've already done.

majestic-islea-copy-save-jpg.545150

[puke]No thanks

There's that Massachusetts hubris, right on schedule. I know a lot of "educated" morons up here in New England, just sayin'.
I never said their education had to come from a college.

Just seems to be a lower iq populace.

My minor resentments stem from a mid ocean break down while visiting a few years ago and taking one of those amphibious tours which hit the coatlines to see the mansions.

Floating in the ocean while a disgruntled tour guide is heard saying “this is the 3rd time this has happened in the last week and a half…Welcome to Florida” says everything I need to know.

Congrats to the OP.

I'd prefer to spend the rest of my days in the darkest, stankiest, pest ridden swamps of Louisiana/Arkansas than spend another five years of my life in this shithole.

Bingo, most folks are to chicken shit to ever leave what they know. Hell most folks I've known whose only experience of anywhere else is vacation time, and nearly all go to the same spot every year. I even know some that not only go to the same destination, but take the same week every year(not timeshare) and even go so far as to book the same room when checking out.

It's truly a sad and pathetic existence. I can't imagine living a life so afraid of doing anything different than something I've already done.
I have the exact opposite problem. I’ve been so many damn places I can’t narrow it down to just one I want to live at. I’m officially ‘middle aged’ at 39y/o I guess, so still have some time to figure it out...but I drove back to MA from Indiana to visit my mom for thanksgiving and I’m already sick of it here after two days.

I’ve posted in other threads about my ‘situation’, so I won’t bore you here, but I’m thinking NH might even be out of the running at this point because of how much I hate MA. Having to drive through CT and NY to get anywhere else even remotely free makes NH an island in a sea of liberal cesspool.

Talking with my mom and step dad is like watching CNN...these people are f***ing clueless. They actually told me that they’re supportive of children (my <10y/o niece and nephew included) getting COVID vaccines and that they were ‘on the fence’ about the Kyle Rittenhouse verdict. It’s like I’m in disinformation hell here...and people are just so comfortable in their shitty little privelidged bubbles.

One things for sure. If shit ever does ‘get real’, I’m going to be happy to be somewhere else.

Last edited:
This is what I don’t get.

Say what you will, MA has an excellent economy (because of MIT).

Every time I see these posts, I think “Sellout.” AKA “Whiny bitch.” It sucks so bad you lived here for decades.
Every time I read these posts I think, “you little whipped bitch, I doubt you will ever get off your knees” You suck so hard, I hope you stay forever

God bless you. I could never live in Florida. Too many bugs, too many lowlifes, oppressively hot for a majority of the year and regularly lashed by terribly destructive hurricanes. Our Nor'easters are rarely more than excuses to take a day off or go in late.

My company has given me the green light to work remotely if I choose and so we've been thinking of accelerating our move up to the retirement home we have planned to build on our land up in Maine. It does have a bit more liberals than Florida but I figure that might change as many of them have become remote workers too and I figure a lot more are going to move to the land of sunshine than will move to the land of snow.

Last edited:
Well it is 65 degrees with a mid 40's dew point right now, it is bright and sunny, windows open.

Just came back from the flea market.... all sorts of guns and ammo for sale, show a FL divers license and you could walk out with a bunch of nice stuff....

My house was built in 2006, original roof, survived a couple of hurricanes so far, the only thing my insurance company wanted to see by way of an inspection was that there were hurricane clips used on the roof.

Sure from Mid May til Mid September it is hot, and it is humid. From October to April in New England it is cold and barren.
I can turn the AC up and be comfortable when it gets hot.

I am in Lee County.... yes it has its problems in some areas, You stay out of Lawrence, I'll stay out of Dunbar.

We have DeSantis, you have Baker, Sunnunu, or worse.

We have Fantasy Fest in Key West, you have Provincetown.

I never have to close my swimming pool, in the colder months I have to run the pool heater a couple of hours a day and keep it covered when we are not using it to maintain 87 degrees, but it is not a burden

There is no state income tax here.

No pot holes, no traffic jams (except in tourist areas), no salt or sand used on the roads... cars last forever here

View attachment 545150View attachment 545151
I was thinking you prob don't have leaves in the pool either. But then again you probably have some Jurassic park lookin bugs and gators in the pool. Still, no raking though. I think I'd go with Jurassic park.

A seller in Kings Point Florida has accepted my offer on condo unit. As soon as I have found a buyer for my condo here in Amesbury
it's Asta Lavista Baby.!!!!! GOODBYE AND GOOD RIDDANCE TO THE PRM.

Not to burst your bubble but I’d rather live in LA or NYC than Kings Point. My grandparents had a condo there for ~ 20 years and we would stay a few weeks every winter. Weather is great, I love Delray Beach, but Kings Point is a waiting room for death filled with busy bodies, almost ALL from up here, by the way. I couldn’t even swim in the pool with my girlfriend (now my wife) without people harassing us for not being dead already. When my sister was visiting a dude straight up DIED in the hot tub. Also, make sure all your visitors have their proper papers for the gestapo (complete with photo ID visitor pass) or they won’t be accessing ANYTHING. Even my highly liberal family was impressed with the “statism” of the place.

The place is like a prison complex for the elderly. Not freedom central in the f***ing least. Just giving you a heads up in case you aren’t familiar.

Back
Top Bottom