ALMOST GONE BABY GONE!!!!

Nice area for a destination. My sister lived in Boca Raton, a little south of there and she liked it a lot. Fairly close to the beach. House's a bit close to each other, but you're going condo living, so you're destination is nice.

Best wishes and don't look back, unless to laugh.

Jay

Asta Lavista

While technically the wrong spelling (not being a spelling Nazi here), if I was Ahnuld Schwarzenegger and I owned/developed/built some sort of a residential development/gated community type place, that's what I'd call it and I'd spell it just like you've done here [thumbsup]

I’m betting same reason as most, Family ties. The second my kids are out of school and my parents and in-laws don’t need us I’m out too. This state sucks.
This is what I don’t get.

Say what you will, MA has an excellent economy (because of MIT).

Every time I see these posts, I think “Sellout.” AKA “Whiny bitch.” It sucks so bad you lived here for decades.

My parents and now sister live in sunny Florida! You do realize that it is 90 degrees and 90% humidity 6 months of the year! Last time I was down there I never saw so many low lives and degenerates. Also once Governor Desantis is done it will be over taken by liberal newbies that have moved in. I know a ton of folks who initially moved there and are now back. Also their healthcare is terrible our own experience and getting worse. When I had to take my wife to one of the largest hospitals for aid the admitting folks didn't know Medicare from my supplement. they claimed my complement Tufts was charged first argued with them for 20 minutes until the boss came down and told them I was correct. One other thing you should know all Home owners insurance down there require roofs inspected and replaced every ten years. Been there done that! It probably won't affect you if in condo though Good luck but you can keep Florida there are better places to retire!

Every time I see these posts, I think “Sellout.” AKA “Whiny bitch.” It sucks so bad you lived here for decades.
I don’t get that line of thinking. Selling out to what? Massachusetts isn’t a team Or religion ,my allegiance is to family and country not state. It’s also the human condition to stay with what you know. I remember reading not long ago that 90% of humans will live in and die within 30 miles of their birthplace. We are creatures of habit. I would bet the reason most folks on this Forum say they will leave the state has nothing to do with the people but the politics. Most of us are entrenched here in different ways before we even become politically aware. If I had no family I would have been gone by 25. Warmer months in Montana, winter months down south is the plan.

Last edited:
I don’t get that line of thinking. Selling out to what? Massachusetts isn’t a team Or religion ,my allegiance is to family and country not state. It’s also the human condition to stay with what you know. I remember reading not long ago that 90% of humans will live in and die within 30 miles of their birthplace. We are creatures of habit. I would bet most folks on this Forum saying they will leave the state has nothing to do with the people but the politics. Most of us are entrenched here in different ways before we even become politically aware. If I had no family I would have been gone by 25. Warmer months in Montana, winter months down south is the plan.
Agreed, local ties keep people in places they normally wouldn’t stay, plus, after retirement there are estate tax considerations. florida won’t let you settle your estate in florida unless you reside there, um, except of course if you’re rose Kennedy, who didnt Leave Massachusetts for the last 15 years of her life, but was a Florida resident for estate tax purposes.

Nice area for a destination. My sister lived in Boca Raton, a little south of there and she liked it a lot. Fairly close to the beach. House's a bit close to each other, but you're going condo living, so you're destination is nice.

Best wishes and don't look back, unless to laugh.

Jay

My grandfather lived in Del Boca Vista. Well, until my uncle bought him a Cadillac and he got thrown out.

This is f-ing laughable. When I read the thread I thought Boston's "White Knight" will be posting shortly. You did not disappoint.

Because of MIT? You are not too sharp.

Why not just congratulate the soon to be “Florida Man” and be on your cheery way.

And, where, what town, do you live in, so we can judge and comment on your brilliance?

Congrats!!! Great decision. If we didn't already have a place in northern NH that we have been working on we would also be looking for something in Florida.

I like Florida's gun laws, but that's about it, the summers sound unbearable to me.. I like mountains and stuff and riding motorcycles on them. Not gonna lie, I would definitely like to spend the winter there lol Although if I moved to a state where you don't have to have an FFL to own suppressors I would be broke.

Back
Top Bottom