Alloutdoor: What to do if you found a machinegun

clancy dogg

NES Member
What to Do if You Find a Machinegun - AllOutdoor.com
“Take photos of the gun and all the markings on it, determine the actual model of the firearm, and contact BATF to see if it’s been registered.”

What do the legal minds on here think of this?
Ian of Forgotten Weapons has always seemed like a knowledgeable guy to me, but this seems like a pretty scary piece of advice, right?

First off I have never found or ever played anyone on a tv show that has found a fully automatic weapon.

First rule about fight club applies.

(Facebook) Walls have ears

Don’t ask don’t tell

First rule of any secret, tell no one, once you have it’s not a secret any more.

Don't touch it. Tell an adult. Or, if you are 07/SOT, give it a new S/N, name and address and register it as a post sample. Personally, I would call the very nice lady examiner at Boston ATF (you licensees at the mill in Littleton know who I mean) and she would check the NFA registry and take it from there. Most likely it would end up in the "contraband" category and be gone. Or you would probably get a wad of cash for it in any bar In Dorchester. Jack.

Last edited:
First off I have never found or ever played anyone on a tv show that has found a fully automatic weapon.

First rule about fight club applies.

(Facebook) Walls have ears

Don’t ask don’t tell

First rule of any secret, tell no one, once you have it’s not a secret any more.
Three men can keep a secret,
If two are dead

The question is how do you get your BATFE registration if no one claims it within one year after being turned into the police (MGL chapter 134, section 4)?

Last edited:
The question is how do you get your BATFE registration if no one claims it within one year after being turned into the police (MGL chapter 1334, section 4)?
Police and machine guns don't mix. The police know nothing about federal firearms laws. Deal with ATF. Jack.

I don't know what the hell it is about machine guns. Just tell me how many violent firearms crimes have been committed with legally owned machine guns since 1934. Jack.

I don't have the cite any longer but I once came across that data point:

Two

Two crimes have ever been committed using a lawfully possessed, registered machine gun since 1934.

Is there anyway for a no-body peon to review the nfa list to see if a sn is registered without having helicopters hovering over your house? A public list of all registered mg's by make and sn?
I'm sure if you call them they will be happy to trace your call... I mean gun..

Is there anyway for a no-body peon to review the nfa list to see if a sn is registered without having helicopters hovering over your house? A public list of all registered mg's by make and sn?
I'm sure if you call them they will be happy to trace your call... I mean gun..

No, but some probably "dated" info is here: Map of Federally Regulated Weapons - Metrocosm

Nothing identifiable.

Back
Top Bottom