• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Alliant Sport Pistol

I haven't seen any. Just checked the online vendors and they're all sold out.

Anyone got any or seen some in any shops?

I’ve been thinking about trying this powder for 38 spl and 44 spl.

Try Heritage in West Warwick, RI. They are very well stocked with powders, but I can't say that I was looking for Sport Pistol when I was there the other day. D&L is only a few miles away (closer to TF Green) and they usually have plenty of powder, too.

Home - Heritage Gun and Coin, West Warwick RI, Rhode Island, Guns, Ammo, Reloading Supplies, Trap, Skeet

https://dlshootingsupplies.com/
Thanks. D&L has one hell of a reloading supply - haven’t been there in years and don’t get down that way very much.

Yeah sounds like Ill just have to stick with N320. Don’t need any other powder/primers so ordering it doesn’t make any sense at this point.

You'd be surprised, he's had unicorn teeth before
Just called Glenn. He said his "warehouse" might have 1-2 pounds in stock but he is going to check tonight when he stops by his warehouse and will get back to me tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Glenn just called me. He's got 3 pounds available @ $27 per pound. Not the cheapest price when you factor in the tax but worth helping a local shop. I don't know how he gets this stuff when no one else has it. You were right @jpm

He's probably hoping I buy them all but I've never used the powder before so I'm going to buy 1 pound for now and see how I like it. Also when I'm using roughly 4-5 grains of it for light 357 and 44 mag loads, a pound goes a long way.

I just realized he's only 10 min from my new job so I'll stop by during my lunch break.

Glenn just called me. He's got 3 pounds available @ $27 per pound. Not the cheapest price when you factor in the tax but worth helping a local shop. I don't know how he gets this stuff when no one else has it. You were right @jpm

He's probably hoping I buy them all but I've never used the powder before so I'm going to buy 1 pound for now and see how I like it. Also when I'm using roughly 4-5 grains of it for light 357 and 44 mag loads, a pound goes a long way.

I just realized he's only 10 min from my new job so I'll stop by during my lunch break.
His "warehouse" always ended up having every powder I ever asked him for, except once for Varget.
The only problem I had one time was when I bought a different powder instead of the one I asked for, and he called me the next day saying he brought the first powder I asked about over from the warehouse...I felt kind of compelled, so I went back and bought it, too.

His "warehouse" always ended up having every powder I ever asked him for, except once for Varget.
The only problem I had one time was when I bought a different powder instead of the one I asked for, and he called me the next day saying he brought the first powder I asked about over from the warehouse...I felt kind of compelled, so I went back and bought it, too.
Sounds like he's got some good sources. He said he buys a lot when it's available since he does a lot of gun shows. I almost wonder if he's got some sort of out of state storage locker where he stockpiles this stuff in between gun shows and avoids the stupid MA storage laws? Not any of my business of course.

Sounds like he's got some good sources. He said he buys a lot when it's available since he does a lot of gun shows. I almost wonder if he's got some sort of out of state storage locker where he stockpiles this stuff in between gun shows and avoids the stupid MA storage laws? Not any of my business of course.
I know he does about a show a month. I used to get a good amount of supplies from him. One time when I was there he told me grab as many M1 clips as I wanted out of a box, free of charge. He used to have a good amount of odds and ends, too, sometimes you could find a deal. Only shop within driving distance for a lunch trip, so it was a good way to spend some time.

I don't know of anyone near me that specializes in reloading. Shooter's isn't too far but I've never bought any reloading stuff from them and have no idea on their prices.

I know he does about a show a month. I used to get a good amount of supplies from him. One time when I was there he told me grab as many M1 clips as I wanted out of a box, free of charge. He used to have a good amount of odds and ends, too, sometimes you could find a deal. Only shop within driving distance for a lunch trip, so it was a good way to spend some time.

I don't know of anyone near me that specializes in reloading. Shooter's isn't too far but I've never bought any reloading stuff from them and have no idea on their prices.
My work is less than 5 miles from him so it's very convenient. Aside from him, Patriot Arms in Ipswich would be the next closest shop that sells reloading components (powder and primers only).

Shooters is good and has a massive reloading section. I'm sure it's even bigger since I haven't been there in probably 3 years.

Sadly this errand to grab the powder at lunch turned into a $700 mistake. Somehow managed to backup into my coworker who was driving by (in a state car) and T-boned him on his passenger side in the parking lot[crying][crying][crying]

Kills me to think if I had waited until tomorrow this may not have happened. Ugh[angry]

My auto body friend quoted me $700 for a new rear bumper....

Sadly this errand to grab the powder at lunch turned into a $700 mistake. Somehow managed to backup into my coworker who was driving by (in a state car) and T-boned him on his passenger side in the parking lot[crying][crying][crying]

Kills me to think if I had waited until tomorrow this may not have happened. Ugh[angry]

My auto body friend quoted me $700 for a new rear bumper....
rip, was hoping "$700 mistake" was going to be a new acquisition

I've always had positive experiences dealing with Glenn at various gun shows. I knew he'd pull through with the Sport Pistol, in fact I feel like I've seen it on his table at the Manchester show recently?

Now go load some rounds with it and report back, curious minds need to know! Keep out of busy parking lots! ;)

rip, was hoping "$700 mistake" was going to be a new acquisition
I know!!! [angry] Only good news is that my employer won't be filing a claim against me so I'm just out the bumper cost not the increased premium and $1000 deductible...

I've always had positive experiences dealing with Glenn at various gun shows. I knew he'd pull through with the Sport Pistol, in fact I feel like I've seen it on his table at the Manchester show recently?

Now go load some rounds with it and report back, curious minds need to know! Keep out of busy parking lots! ;)
You very well could have seen it at the Manchester show as he told me he was just up there.

I'll definitely report back once I load some light 44 mag rounds and test fire them. That probably won't be until next weekend as I'm going to Maine this weekend.

Al's in Derry has about a half ton of powders in his powder room, some of it hard to find. Lots of other stuff too.

I got a pound from Midway and promptly loaded up 100 rounds of 9mm Luger using 124gr ACME RN-NLG Coated bullets on top of a starting load of 3.5gr of Sport Pistol and a CCI 500 primer. I keep my loads towards the low end and will report back once I get them to the range. I don't have a chrono so all I can talk about is accuracy up to 25 yards or so and the rest of the assessment is subjective.

I got a pound from Midway and promptly loaded up 100 rounds of 9mm Luger using 124gr ACME RN-NLG Coated bullets on top of a starting load of 3.5gr of Sport Pistol and a CCI 500 primer. I keep my loads towards the low end and will report back once I get them to the range. I don't have a chrono so all I can talk about is accuracy up to 25 yards or so and the rest of the assessment is subjective.
Nice.

Back
Top Bottom