1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Alliance of American Football

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Knob Creek, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Knob Creek

Knob Creek NES Member

2. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Looks like I missed it. LOL

I prefer the Football Ultimate Collessium of KickOFF's. It's a great league. ;)

Seriously - how was it??? I caught a few old movies on the Encore network, one being that bad Clint/Burt 1930's gangster film. But it was on so I watched. LOL

3. robjax

robjax NES Member

Mike Martz its the HC of one of the teams. Wow, how the mighty have fallen...All the NFL rejects...lol

4. kurtb

kurtb NES Member

5. tuna

tuna NES Member

LFL kicks off on April 5th.

Dennis in MA likes this.
  6. ridleyman

ridleyman NES Member

I watched the highlights of most of the games and it looks great! 10 more weeks of football! I found the no kicking the extra point rule odd, but whatever. Also, only 5 men can rush. But there was a lot of action and some incredible NFL caliber plays, which I suppose you'd expect in highlights. I think there are 8 teams, and the closest one for now is Memphis, a mere 20 hours drive. Anybody up for a road trip?

7. Broccoli Iglesias

Broccoli Iglesias

The Patriots need a team there, for Bradys retirement.

8. Tinkermatic

Tinkermatic NES Member

My wife and I caught a game Saturday night. Was quite impressed. Almost all southern teams in cities without NFL teams. I think maybe Atlanta is the only double up?
    It was fun. Better than college and different enough from the NFL so as not to be a cheap knockoff.

They’re not NFL rejects so much as they are practice squad and bubble guys. I recognized a few names and the others I looked up had mostly been drafted but never found a permanent home. The FG kicker for San Antonio was kicking balls against the Pats just a few weeks ago when he was kicking for the LA Chargers.

9. Wickedcoolname

Wickedcoolname NES Member

It's like triple A league for football. I think you'll see a bunch of guys who are currently almost NFL ready sharpen up enough to make it to the NFL after a season or so.

10. wilson911

wilson911

Broccoli Iglesias likes this.
  11. lancecolonel

lancecolonel NES Member

i watched saturday night too. i enjoyed seeing a football game again as i refuse to watch college or nfl now. that san diego qb got trucked. my main takeaway was that it seems easier to play defense than offense (if you're not the best of the best playing in the nfl) because the qb play was lacking on both teams. i'll check it out again if it's on a channel i can find.

12. Glockster30

Glockster30 NES Member

I watched only 5 minutes or so on Sunday night because that's all I could stand for the novelty factor.