• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

There were 6 portapotties 4 were open and he was going and trying all the doors and wrenching on the one my daughter was in, the mom was not stopping him after she saw what he was doing.

I have 4 kids they all know better than to be a little a**h*** at that age, your excuses are part of the problem.
Ok psycho. lol

Once again the usual suspects are using the occasion to vilify the NRA. Notice how they only mention the NRA and not any of the other gun rights groups?
The left wants the NRA gone because it is an enormously powerful gun lobby.
That's reason enough for every gun owner to be a life member.
I know you don't like Wayne. I know some people don't like receiving junk mail, even though it takes a mouse click or two to opt out of mailings forever. I get it, the NRA isn't perfect, but it's the most powerful gun lobby in the world and the left dreams of the NRA's demise.

Once again the usual suspects are using the occasion to vilify the NRA. Notice how they only mention the NRA and not any of the other gun rights groups?
The left wants the NRA gone because it is an enormously powerful gun lobby.
That's reason enough for every gun owner to be a life member.
I know you don't like Wayne. I know some people don't like receiving junk mail, even though it takes a mouse click or two to opt out of mailings forever. I get it, the NRA isn't perfect, but it's the most powerful gun lobby in the world and the left dreams of the NRA's demise.
I'm sure coincidentally, but I got a call from NRA this morning looking for money

With all this talk about new laws how about the government actually do something. Here are my thoughts.
The fed should require every school have the following:
  • A buzzer lock for the front entrance and other points of entry have to be locked at all times. Fake the fines hurt if you accidentally leave a door open.
  • Harden all points of entry so someone can’t shoot or drive their way in.
  • Locking doors to classrooms and harden those doors so someone can shoot or force their way in.
  • Remove the firearms prohibition around schools.
The government should pay for the whole thing. If we can give $40 billion to the Ukraine they can do this. My 2c

Schools are now starting to ban backpacks and wanding every student coming in the door. Would clear see thru backpacks be allowed?

With all this talk about new laws how about the government actually do something. Here are my thoughts.
  • A buzzer lock for the front entrance and other points of entry have to be locked at all times. Fake the fines hurt if you accidentally leave a door open.
  • Locking doors to classrooms and harden those doors so someone can shoot or force their way in.
The government should pay for the whole thing. If we can give $40 billion to the Ukraine they can do this. My 2c
My middle school back in the 80s was built with steel reinforced interior doors , small wire mess window and a large paddle interior side to lock the door. I vividly remember a “janitor” that would go around and make sure all the exterior doors where closed.

From Katherine Clark, 5th district MA.

In the last 10 days, we have experienced 3 horrific mass shootings in this country – targeting children in their elementary school, Black citizens grocery shopping, and people attending a church service. I’m furious, I’m heartbroken, but we are not powerless.

The House already passed wildly popular legislation
to institute violent history checks, close the loophole that allows guns to be sold at gun shows without background checks, and close the "Charleston loophole" to give the FBI more time on background checks.

Reasonable people, including responsible gun owners, agree on the commonsense steps we can take to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people. In fact, 83% of gun owners and 74% of Republican voters support background checks on all gun purchases.

But Republicans in Congress have become the most extreme fringe of their party, who believe children murdered at school, elders murdered at a grocery store, and worshippers murdered at church is preferable to universal background checks or Red Flag laws.

Guns are the leading cause of death for children and teens in America, killing more kids than cancer, pneumonia, influenza, asthma, AIDS, and opioids COMBINED. To my Republican colleagues, I ask that if you won’t do anything - literally anything - to stop the slaughter of children in school, then why are you even in Congress?

It doesn’t have to be this way. We have the power to save lives — the House already passed the Bipartisan Background Checks Act and the Enhanced Background Checks Act of 2021. If the GOP refuses to do the bare minimum to keep our families safe, they don't deserve to serve — it’s a dereliction of duty.

The time for excuses is over. I will not give up this fight.

Sincerely,

Congresswoman Katherine Clark
Assistant Speaker of the House of Representatives

Dems doing the full-court press ...

Works great until the custodians prop the doors for two hours while moving baseball equipment outside. I saw that just today. Same thing happens a few times a week when the cafeteria gets deliveries.

I'm just saying, no passive system is foolproof and no realistic efforts are being made to change school staff's mindset with an eye toward situational awareness. That's the bigger problem, along with the GFZ.

In the last 10 days, we have experienced 3 horrific mass shootings in this country – targeting children in their elementary school, Black citizens grocery shopping, and people attending a church service. I’m furious, I’m heartbroken, but we are not powerless.

to institute violent history checks, close the loophole that allows guns to be sold at gun shows without background checks, and close the "Charleston loophole" to give the FBI more time on background checks.

Reasonable people, including responsible gun owners, agree on the commonsense steps we can take to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people. In fact, 83% of gun owners and 74% of Republican voters support background checks on all gun purchases.

But Republicans in Congress have become the most extreme fringe of their party, who believe children murdered at school, elders murdered at a grocery store, and worshippers murdered at church is preferable to universal background checks or Red Flag laws.

Guns are the leading cause of death for children and teens in America, killing more kids than cancer, pneumonia, influenza, asthma, AIDS, and opioids COMBINED. To my Republican colleagues, I ask that if you won’t do anything - literally anything - to stop the slaughter of children in school, then why are you even in Congress?

It doesn’t have to be this way. We have the power to save lives — the House already passed the Bipartisan Background Checks Act and the Enhanced Background Checks Act of 2021. If the GOP refuses to do the bare minimum to keep our families safe, they don't deserve to serve — it’s a dereliction of duty.

Sincerely,

Reality now: "but they all bought guns legally, background checks were passed. Reality Later: "Once background checks are mandatory, background checks will come back denied for simply mouthing off about Dems online, being a registered republican, etc."

Sincerely,

I dont even think any of her claims are remotely true. Highly massaged data and analysis...

Good God, can you imagine the frustration of dicking around with a door, trying to get in, having to hear what you know is going on, on the other side?

How long did it take to get a key?
From the news, doors were barricaded, most doors open inward inside the school I worked in.

I think we should just carry on business as usual and not turn our schools into prisons. There are 50 million students in the US. Taking away everyone's rights
to ineffectively stop a one in a million event is how we get gun control in the first place.

Good God, can you imagine the frustration of dicking around with a door, trying to get in, having to hear what you know is going on, on the other side?

How long did it take to get a key?

From what I've read, by that time he was mostly shooting at the LEOs, not the kids anymore.

It doesn't make your point any less significant, though. There'll be a lot of people second-guessing what happened yesterday, and you'll never convince some of them that they really did do all they could.

I dont even think any of her claims are remotely true. Highly massaged data and analysis...
Clark has ambitions to be Pelosi 2.0. I never hear anything from her that is remotely centrist or balanced. She never deviates from the party line. It's all straight DNC dogma, no exceptions.

I'm not sure about the percentages. What percentage of gun owners buy guns face-to-face in-state without going through an FFL? I don't think it can be a very large percentage, so I wouldn't be surprised if she has the numbers right. But what percentage of these events involves a gun that was obtained legally but without a NICS check? Probably there's one somewhere back there, but I can't remember it. No surprise there, of course. They're just politicizing a tragedy to move their agenda forward, as expected.

Leaving people unemployed. With bills to pay. And probably very limited availability of equivalent jobs. Leaving someone without hope, without money, without a future. Leaving them angry, disillusioned, broke.

Thanks corporate America and esteemed legislators.

It's really a wonder there aren't more mass shootings.
Actually they can just get other jobs as I did.

The last time I went to Patriot Place, as I was leaving, I saw two cops in full kit, toting M4's.
Maybe if we were as worried about protecting our children as were were shopping centers that would be a good start?
Think about it, every time they fill a pothole there's two detail cops loitering around waving cars by.
But it cost too much to have them in the school ?

Clark has ambitions to be Pelosi 2.0. I never hear anything from her that is remotely centrist or balanced. She never deviates from the party line. It's all straight DNC dogma, no exceptions.

I'm not sure about the percentages. What percentage of gun owners buy guns face-to-face in-state without going through an FFL? I don't think it can be a very large percentage, so I wouldn't be surprised if she has the numbers right. But what percentage of these events involves a gun that was obtained legally but without a NICS check? Probably there's one somewhere back there, but I can't remember it. No surprise there, of course. They're just politicizing a tragedy to move their agenda forward, as expected.
Usually depends on where they are. Here in Kentucky there is no prohibition so face to face transactions happen frequently. My last two single shot shotguns were bought face to face, cash and carry. Don't know who they were from nor do I care, and no they're not stolen.

People sell their personal guns at flea markets frequently. The whole concept of background checks is BS. It has rarely if ever stopped a crime from being committed by anyone. It's just another stepping stone towards complete prohibition of guns.

Guns are the leading cause of death for children and teens in America, killing more kids than cancer, pneumonia, influenza, asthma, AIDS, and opioids COMBINED...

Only because they count all of the "teens and children" to include the gang bangers and hoodlums from Chicago, L.A., New York.. ( insert your big dump city name here )

The vast majority of these deaths are not caused by hunting accidents or careless parents leaving their firearms unattended or unsecured. These are criminals committing murder that just happen to be under 20 years old.

Back
Top Bottom