• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

Now they're indicating that after he crashed his car in front of the school in a ditch, the ISD officer at the school engaged him, as well as two other police officers who had arrived. They 'couldn't contain him' and called in for a SWAT team
Two of the officers were shot by the POS

+1

In my experience, schools talk a big game on bullying, but really don't do anything about it. I've seen it too many times to count, my kids tell me about it. These kinds of things are what we should all EXPECT from government run education.
Very true , my kids say the same thing.

I would add to that list, “What was this kid’s gun training?” As any trained weapons expert can attest to, it would take a tremendous amount of skill to KILL 15+ people in a short period of time. Many people survive gunshots… unless lethal areas are hit. Pretty “talented” 18- year old to be able to inflict 15+ lethal wounds in a row.
It takes zero skill to kill unarmed civilians and KIDS at close range with a 5.56. Zero. Have you seen the trauma a round doing 3000fps does to human tissue at close range? JFC

the media is a business. they know what sells and/or brings in viewers so they bombard the public with what they perceive to be the story of the day. it's why shows like the view continually harp on the same 4 topics, they know what the housewife who watches the show wants to hear. if gun control cries didn't stir the public into a frenzy we'd never see it in the media. you guys give the media too much credit.
The MSM is the fifth column in this country. The only credit I give them is for helping to destroy it.

just curious, is the mill still there? Did it's function get outsourced to a low wage nation? If the mill is still there, is the current crop of employees likely to be of dubious immigration status?
It is still there and it does have workers. However what I did for a job was eventually farmed out to Asia

The 'answer' is not to armor up the schools to make them even more like prisons than they are now. The chance of being injured or killed in a school shooting are less than that of being struck by lightning. Media should not be making this kind of event 24x7 coverage, or any terrorist attack for that matter. It just gives mentally ill impressionable people a reward for trying a copycat act. The Newtown killer wanted to get famous in the media, and he knew he would make a splash.

When I was in HS, the place was not like a super max prison. You could walk in and walk out without a metal detector, without armed teachers. Schools should be
open buildings where kids go about their business. The idea that its a 'soft target' is just crap. Just don't give these lunatics so much press coverage, it will stop them more than any idiotic locking down or arming up our schools.
I’d rather have a resource officer(s) there for security.

Take the median result and we are the highest though.
The US is massive compared to just about every other country (Population by Country (2022) - Worldometer)
China can't be trusted to report anything correctly
India is a third world shithole where life is cheap and no one cares to report what goes on everyday

Outside of the western culture, life is so cheap most people are considered worthless and therefore their loss is simply unnoteworthy - that's why we don't hear about more events

That is my experience with the urban poors. Shit housing in shit neighborhoods in shit cities with shitty schools but lots of nice possessions. Different groups have different priorities in life I guess
Unless the house is a dealers house then you got nice rides

the media is a business. they know what sells and/or brings in viewers so they bombard the public with what they perceive to be the story of the day. it's why shows like the view continually harp on the same 4 topics, they know what the housewife who watches the show wants to hear. if gun control cries didn't stir the public into a frenzy we'd never see it in the media. you guys give the media too much credit.

That and they are also pushing an agenda and answer to people not even in the media.

Now they're indicating that after he crashed his car in front of the school in a ditch, the ISD officer at the school engaged him, as well as two other police officers who had arrived. They 'couldn't contain him' and called in for a SWAT team
they saw rifles and retreated, most likely. same way how other brave hero was hiding in the ditch during previous shooting some time ago.
it is really the saddest part, as school had security in place - only it did not work out, at all.

all points to the only outcome here - some sort of an executive order that will contradict any common sense. they have to do 'something' now, and as there is nothing sane in there to do - it will have to be something insane.

“We have to act” - and do what? Mass Killings by lone actors are a symptom of disease, not the disease itself.

Prescribing more Gun Laws to relive the pain of societies I’ll s are like prescribing opioids for the pain of cancer - they become addictive, you take more but still cannot stop the pain until you OD and die, if the cancer doesn’t kill you first.

The gunman in Tuesday’s elementary school massacre was a lonely 18-year-old who was bullied over a childhood speech impediment, suffered from a fraught home life and lashed out violently against peers and strangers recently and over the years, friends and relatives said.

Cue the school officials denying any blame…

It takes zero skill to kill unarmed civilians and KIDS at close range with a 5.56. Zero. Have you seen the trauma a round doing 3000fps does to human tissue at close range? JFC
Never bring a handgun to a rifle fight...

What a f*cking tragedy. The same career politicians in DC who want to abort children up until birth have spent how many billions on defending Ukrainians and not one efffing penny on protecting our children from crazy lunatics with a gun, from radical teacher unions who resist armed protection in schools, who tell kids they are racists and gender isn't real, or from the drugs pouring over the southern boarder.

I would add to that list, “What was this kid’s gun training?” As any trained weapons expert can attest to, it would take a tremendous amount of skill to KILL 15+ people in a short period of time. Many people survive gunshots… unless lethal areas are hit. Pretty “talented” 18- year old to be able to inflict 15+ lethal wounds in a row.
not suspicious at all new accounts are already showing up.

they saw rifles and retreated, most likely. same way how other brave hero was hiding in the ditch during previous shooting some time ago.
it is really the saddest part, as school had security in place - only it did not work out, at all.

all points to the only outcome here - some sort of an executive order that will contradict any common sense. they have to do 'something' now, and as there is nothing sane in there to do - it will have to be something insane.
So far the reports I have watched say the first two officers responded to the school for the car crash and engaged the suspect and both officers were subsequently shot by the suspect. lots of conflicting info out there.

They do nothing. Most are afraid to hurt the feelings of the bully or their parents. I had a situation with a nephew and when the school did nothing, I went to the bullies house. Situation corrected

I have zero issues calling out little crotch demons on their misbehavior, if their parents/guardians won't do it, I will. There was a little boy the other day trying to open port-a-potty doors and tried to open the one my daughter was in. He was probably 4, old enough to know better, the mom was right there not paying attention so I grabbed the little shit by the shoulder and told him he needs to leave my daughter alone it's occupied.

Seems to be a 4chan and reddit bamboozling but I'd still like to note that it was better reporting than what half of the legacy media is putting together as we speak

I'm going to disagree with you on this one. I don't think it's "better" to push a false narrative than no narrative at all.

I'd generally rather media outlets keep their mouths shut until they have facts. This is why responsible media organizations have policies about sourcing. Sure, it slows information, but if you think it's "better" to spew unsourced lies? I'm not sure why you'd think that.

Parkland had an armed cop. Doesn't do much when SHTF and the cop runs the other way like a lil bitch and doesn't put his life on the line to protect the kids.

... i too would run like a little bitch if i dont have a long gun and the killer has one and i am not properly motivated to stop the carnage in the first place- and both of these aspects are easy to remedy.

my 2 cents, but what do i know... i was trained to use a hand gun only to fight my way back to where i dropped my long gun in the first place.

US Citizen killed his grandmother before the attack, leads me to think either the parents were illegals and he was born here or they are unfit and he's been being raised by gramma.

This very thread is saying a local thinks his mom worked in the school.

Unfit illegals generally have problems passing CORI checks, if that's true.

My kids school has already reacted the way I'd prefer which is by adding an additional resource officer. Ive met a few of them and they are great guys who get involved in the school.

The cats long been out of the bag with the crazy/Manchurian person doing what they do. Pragmatically all we can do is put people there who will deter passivly and fight when needed.

One of the weapons in the photo is a Daniel defense rifle with an Eotech site. That’s a couple thousand dollar setup. A little pricey for a high school kid. Strange..
But... You NEVER know what someone's financial situation is or how much 'disposable income' they have, even a high school kid.
Wife's nephew is the (illegitimate) son of a professional athlete. You'd DEFINITELY know the name but I won't post it (cuz whatever and its not important). "Daddy" is probably worth more than everyone in this thread combined and rarely (if ever) even bothers to visit the kid. But he sends and since the kid was 18 he has amassed a collection of guns that would make most members here say "Wow!" with jealousy.
They live in a VERY free state ("Daddy" played ball there and owns property /luxury condos etc etc), one of the free states where you can (basically) walk into a corner store, buy a gallon of milk, the morning paper, and "Whatever gun you have new in 9mm" etc. The kid has an impressive arsenal of 'goodies', yet he's more 'grounded' and 'emotionally mature' than most 30 or 40 year olds I know. His (many) hobbies include: collection GUNZ and accessories. Last time we chatted he had more bump stocks than I have Dow Jones stocks (the bump stocks have greater value than most blue chips right now LOL but I digress).
But you would look at this kid and NOTHING (if you didn't know his background) would make you think he's anything but one of the 'normal, average' kids he hangs out with in (now) college.
His net worth is probably well over 5 million... and I'm not exaggerating.
Can't judge any book by its cover.

Gonna be this:
  • Get police out of schools--they aren't effective at stopping school shootings and only contribute to the school-to-prison pipeline
  • Raise the minimum age for firearms purchase to 21
  • We need to ban assault weapons now!
  • We need to ban ghost guns now!
  • Possible pistol ban (depends on how far they want to take this one)
  • Possible ban on high powered sniper [hunting] rifles (depending on what he purchased)
Guaranteed the first four points minimum. For the kids, you know.

Back
Top Bottom