• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

I happen to believe that you’re a moron if you believe the tool used to perform the job doesn’t have at least some role along with the person using it.
you folks are a bit paranoid huh 😂 don’t like an idea, immediately label someone. Just as bad as the leftists.
Hmmm…I don’t think YOU’RE a MORON or PARANOID. Just a hypocrite…

If the reports are accurate (and by the video I saw on Reddit they appear to be) if that town doesn’t zero out the police budget and empty the town funds in their retirement to reinforce the schools - know that your city/town will act the same way.

What's the harm in letting the libs try to get nationwide door to door SWAT style gun confiscations like they did in hurricane Katrina and what Beto is drooling for? What's the worst that could happen? Minting a quarter million new felons in Connecticut after the new Sandy Hook laws and the mass failure to register their ARs and mags hasn't changed the facts on the ground - that civilians are still in possession of highly dangerous semi automatic weapons of war at home. Door to door confiscations let's GO!

This article appears to document all the infuriating police ineptitude reported to date, except the report of officers rescuing their own spawn while other children died:

TX School Shooter Lingered Outside School for 12 Minutes Shooting, Then Walked in Unobstructed

Here's high lowlights:
gunman Salvador Ramos was outside the school firing his rifle for about 12 minutes.
Why were children either not being herded/fleeing in the opposite direction, or all classrooms with people in them not locked from the inside? Apparently they had locks and warning. Strike one
Victor Escalon Jr., a regional director for the DPS, said at a news conference Thursday that Ramos entered the building without opposition, according to The Washington Post.
No SRO opposition. Was there one present at all? If so, where was he/she? Were they actually injured, and how? If one was present and injured then I predict their injury was from cranial-rectal insertion. Strike two
After that, Ramos climbed a fence, shot at the school from a parking lot, and eventually entered the school through an unlocked door, he said.
Strike three. Same pitch as strike one.
Escalon said Thursday that officers were “inside making entry” and took cover, but also said, “They don’t make entry initially because of the gunfire.” ... “They hear gunfire, they take rounds, they move back, get cover,” Escalon said.
Strikes 4, 5, 6, .... This one really frosts my cheeks. As I've noted before, every analysis, case study, and actual event since at least Columbine has shown that engaging an active shooter immediately is the best course of action for a less bad outcome. It's been well documented, and practiced in many places. As far as I'm concerned the Uvalde police have their collective blood-covered heads and thumbs up their backsides.

<Ommmmm><Ommmm><Ommmm>

As one can tell, I've put down my box of popcorn. There still may be questions WRT the perp, but not WRT the the police response, or shall I say the ineptitude thereof.

Wow! Learn How One Heroic Mother Saved Her Two Children From Uvalde School Shooting​

Mom saves one kids from shooter while police refuse to go in.

In 2018 students planned to attack and shoot up school on 2022:

"I think it would be a great retirement off ramp for our spec operators, let them continue to serve their country by using their skills to protect America’s children, one of the highest honors possible IMO, and they make some decent retirement money without having to babysit corporate slobs or run off book jungle missions for Langley in Columbia."
g
Teachers Unions would freak out at having masculine Military types in our schools. It would totally ruin their narrative and derail their brainwashing of our youth.
Horrible idea!

All the teachers would get knocked up, the kids would be dipping cope and using knife hands at their parents

If 'good guys with guns' aren't effective, maybe we should try hiring some armed hood homies to protect our kids. Think outside the box.

View attachment 620314

Ummm. No. There was no good guy with a gun, by inept design apparently.
The district’s policy is to have security staff patrol door entrances, parking lots, and the perimeters of campuses at the middle and high school, according to a document listing the school district’s security measures from the 2019-20 school year.

Amazon product ASIN B0997SXRQMView: https://www.amazon.com/Byrna-Defense-Kinetic-Launcher-Ultimate/dp/B0997SXRQM/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1WZFUV40CAGK3&keywords=sub+lethal+pepperball+gun&qid=1653619832&sprefix=sub+lethal+pepper+ball+gun%2Caps%2C64&sr=8-5

Why don't all teachers in schools get to carry something like this? When a gunman comes in with an AR15, since it's a gun free zone, obviously you can't defend yourself with your own firearm but at least it's a ranged solution. If a kid somehow gets his hands on it, he's not gonna accidentally kill a fellow classmate with it. So far the protocol is shelter in place and throw books, staplers, chairs and brooms at a shooter.

Ummm. No. There was no good guy with a gun, by inept design apparently.
Well, there was enough sarcasm and police bashing here already. Police sucks, it is nothing new.
Truth is - any solution that relies on human heroism is usually doomed to be a failure as humans generally suck - they are no heroes.

For security to work it needs to be a system that does not require heroic acts. The real guilty one is the person who kept all the doors open.

And if future of every school is to have a metal detector at each entrance and proper search of each person entering- may be is the way it needs to be from now on.

Well, there was enough sarcasm and police bashing here already. Police sucks, it is nothing new.
Truth is - any solution that relies on human heroism is usually doomed to be a failure as humans generally suck - they are no heroes.

For security to work it needs to be a system that does not require heroic acts. The real guilty one is the person who kept all the doors open.

And if future of every school is to have a metal detector at each entrance and proper search of each person entering- may be is the way it needs to be from now on.
That's the reason why people of the gun carry whenever possible, right? Only one you can depend on is yourself. That you can't trust the heroism and instinct of a stranger to sacrifice his life to save yours in a life or death situation. Just like these SROs thought their job was easy cruising till they get to dip into their pension but somehow got unlucky enough to be working at a school where something like this happens. They're not gonna wanna die for someone elses' kid. Prob have their own grandkids to think about.

I don't think any school shootings were due to someone sneaking in a weapon and then go to class, but point taken. One thing I think we all know for sure is more gun laws or bans won't solve this. We choose not to value our kids enough to protect them the same way we do our politicians.

I don't think any school shootings were due to someone sneaking in a weapon and then go to class, but point taken. One thing I think we all know for sure is more gun laws or bans won't solve this. We choose not to value our kids enough to protect them the same way we do our politicians.
There is a system for that, already on the taxpayer dime. It’s called TSA. They have personnel, equipment and methods.

Schools so far had way more tragedies than fecking airports.

Works great until the custodians prop the doors for two hours while moving baseball equipment outside. I saw that just today. Same thing happens a few times a week when the cafeteria gets deliveries.

I'm just saying, no passive system is foolproof and no realistic efforts are being made to change school staff's mindset with an eye toward situational awareness. That's the bigger problem, along with the GFZ.
To bad we didn't have mental institutions where these people could be locked up away from people. Like say the Danvers mental hospital.

My liberal Californicuck friends are calling for door to door, block by block, town by town gun confiscations. Everyone with an "illegal gun" gets it taken away by SWAT forces lol. "Enough is enough with the thoughts and prayers". Anyone else here welcome that plan in action? Would be some serious drama to look forward to.

My liberal Californicuck friends are calling for door to door, block by block, town by town gun confiscations. Everyone with an "illegal gun" gets it taken away by SWAT forces lol. "Enough is enough with the thoughts and prayers". Anyone else here welcome that plan in action? Would be some serious drama to look forward to.

So what - the cops won't go into a school to save a bunch of kids from being shot by ONE shooter - but they're going to invade THOUSANDS of homes where at least some small percentage of said homeowners will be ready and willing to shoot them dead?

Seems like we're going to be all out of cops pretty soon if they try that shit.

Maybe you ought to point that shit out to your idiot California friends.

what a lot of people don't realize is that as soon as you get out of LA/SF/SD city limits, people are extremely conservative. I see a million more Molon Labe, Gadsden flags, American flags etc on lifted trucks out here than I ever did in MA. My neighbor flies a Molon Labe flag with two ARs crossing.

That strategy would probably work in the city but in the Central Valley I do believe the cops would get shot in the face.

NY is a liberal cuck shithole too and look at Safe Act compliance rates....barely exist.

So what - the cops won't go into a school to save a bunch of kids from being shot by ONE shooter - but they're going to invade THOUSANDS of homes where at least some small percentage of said homeowners will be ready and willing to shoot them dead?

Seems like we're going to be all out of cops pretty soon if they try that shit.

Maybe you ought to point that shit out to your idiot California friends.

yeah, and this ^

what a lot of people don't realize is that as soon as you get out of LA/SF/SD city limits, people are extremely conservative. I see a million more Molon Labe, Gadsden flags, American flags etc on lifted trucks out here than I ever did in MA. My neighbor flies a Molon Labe flag with two ARs crossing.

That strategy would probably work in the city but in the Central Valley I do believe the cops would get shot in the face.

NY is a liberal cuck shithole too and look at Safe Act compliance rates....barely exist.
Then they won't do confiscations out in the boonies, they'll limit it to the cities and suburbs. Reason being is they will just cut off electricity and internet fuel and food to those out in the rural parts and let them freeze and starve. I mean, they're pretty much telegraphing that with the warnings of blackouts and food shortages.

So, basically, you want to live in the 21st Century and have modern amenities? You gotta give up your guns, get vaxxed whenever told, drive an electric car, and learn to eat insects for protein, but if you want to own guns you have to live like it's the 1870s.

This article appears to document all the infuriating police ineptitude reported to date, except the report of officers rescuing their own spawn while other children died:

TX School Shooter Lingered Outside School for 12 Minutes Shooting, Then Walked in Unobstructed

Here's high lowlights:
Why were children either not being herded/fleeing in the opposite direction, or all classrooms with people in them not locked from the inside? Apparently they had locks and warning. Strike one
No SRO opposition. Was there one present at all? If so, where was he/she? Were they actually injured, and how? If one was present and injured then I predict their injury was from cranial-rectal insertion. Strike two
Strike three. Same pitch as strike one.
Strikes 4, 5, 6, .... This one really frosts my cheeks. As I've noted before, every analysis, case study, and actual event since at least Columbine has shown that engaging an active shooter immediately is the best course of action for a less bad outcome. It's been well documented, and practiced in many places. As far as I'm concerned the Uvalde police have their collective blood-covered heads and thumbs up their backsides.

<Ommmmm><Ommmm><Ommmm>

As one can tell, I've put down my box of popcorn. There still may be questions WRT the perp, but not WRT the the police response, or shall I say the ineptitude thereof.

Have you ever read the book Terror at Beslan?

Re: " As I've noted before, every analysis, case study, and actual event since at least Columbine has shown that engaging an active shooter immediately is the best course of action for a less bad outcome "

Yep - that's what I remember the take-away being from the analysis of the Beslan episode. That was a worst case thing - multiple shooters going in with the express intent of killing as many kids as possible, but ........ the lessons still apply. Once you let the person or persons with evil intent to get access to the school and take root in it - you face an increasingly harder and harder problem to solve. If you can shoot back at them IMMEDIATELY (which is hard I admit - most people simply can't live on a hair trigger defense response day in and day out) - you can possibly divert or defend yourself and the kids against the intent of the attacker(s).

Then they won't do confiscations out in the boonies, they'll limit it to the cities and suburbs. Reason being is they will just cut off electricity and internet fuel and food to those out in the rural parts and let them freeze and starve. I mean, they're pretty much telegraphing that with the warnings of blackouts and food shortages.

So, basically, you want to live in the 21st Century and have modern amenities? You gotta give up your guns, get vaxxed whenever told, drive an electric car, and learn to eat insects for protein, but if you want to own guns you have to live like it's the 1870s.

Seems to me that people's attitudes are hardening on a lot of subjects. And the *willing* giving up of their guns - is definitely one of the bullet points on that spectrum. When I first heard about this latest shooting I didn't really pay much attention. So - I heard mostly the mainstream media slant on the whole thing - where it's all because we're bad people because we own guns. Just paying attention to that propaganda - the idea that giving up guns might make things better - gets more validity , which is of course exactly why they do that.

But once you start reading NES - and find out that the cops saved their own kids while leaving others behind, they stood outside for 40 minutes while the kid was inside shooting kids, the SRO officer was basically a total failure and didn't do shit, some mother broke in ON HER OWN and saved her own kids ............ well suddenly the idea that I should give up my guns because the "authorities" are going to somehow save me or my kid - is downright phucking LAUGHABLE.

And worse yet - this isn't even the first time this type of incident has played out like this - I've lost track of how many times these school shooter incidents have played out like this.

I mean seriously - if you had a town full of parents who were FULLY aware of how these things go down - the smartest thing they could would be to show up at school ALL armed , tell the cops to phuck off and get the hell out of the way - and if they don't ..... then shoot THEM..... and then go into the school and get their kids back. If they did that soon enough (don't wait 40 friggin minutes) - well then we'd probably see the death counts on these school shootings go WAY down. Better yet - they might even be avoided in the first place - if it became common societal knowledge that if you go into a school to shoot kids - that those kid's parents are going to show up at the school and torture you ass to death ........ a whole lot of school shootings might be avoided in the FIRST PLACE.

I happen to believe that you’re a moron if you believe the tool used to perform the job doesn’t have at least some role along with the person using it.

I happen to believe that you're a moron if you believe that a tool is works better just because you paint it in a scary color.

Pretty sure they had ballistic shields 20+ years ago, so since when has the SOP gone from "engage shooter ASAP" to "wait for as long as it takes until a ballistic shield arrives"?

My belief is after the disaster of a press conference that DPS needed a red herring to cover for cowardly, shitty police action and the bulletproof shield is it. Now watch all the hullaballo over outfitting every department with ballistic shields.

Back
Top Bottom