All Things Motors (Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Boats...)

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
The pricing is identical to the Wrangler. Jeep sells a couple of hundred thousand of those a year.
Ford will sell a metric ton of these.
That's an understatement:

Interest in the 2021 Ford Bronco proved so high that Ford is increasing First Edition orders from 3,500 to 7,000, the company announced in an email to reservation holders on the waitlist for the limited First Edition package. The off-roader won over so many hearts that $100 reservations for both the two and four-door versions sold out in mere hours after its July 13 release.

The5thDentist

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
That's an understatement:

But it looks like it sold out immediately.

There's speculation that all they really did was double the number by adding on all the requests for a First Edition. Like for all the celebrities that wanted one but were late to the party.
Some of the speculators who were able to get one of the 3500 are unhappy that there will now be 7000.
That's still a drop in the bucket compared to how many Ford will sell.

appraiser

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
One of the biggest problems with buying a EFI car pre OBD2 is having the tools to work on it

We still have an ancient OTC scanner with the "keys" for most domestic makes. I had to use it on a 92 Ford van a couple of weeks ago, the old EEC IV system.....

I have a 74 C3 in the shop that was so badly butchered by another shop the the rear lower control arm bushing was GONE, the lower control arm tried to walk off the mount ( I noticed it had short wheel base, put it up on the lift and got a peek under the skirt... it wasn't pretty... the front bushing was half way out, the Idler Arm was bent and if it wasn't for the sway arm link holding the control arm in place it would have taken the fuel lines and fuel pump out.....

The lower control arm to cradle mount was puddle welded in and not parallel to the center line.... we got it aligned as close as we could, technician not magician....

If I had a dime for every beauty queen car that rolled in that was butchered together, or the parts were mis matched, I'd be rich.

We end up with the cars other shops have butchered or couldn't figure out, including that Vette that another shop had aligned a few weeks ago and missed that the lower control arm was about to rip out.... I mean this car was so bad when the guy came in Friday to ask if we could look at it, after a test drive we told him I would drive him home before we let him drive it, then we got it on the lift....

Trust me even the "good" cars are butchered if they are more than a few years old

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have zero nostalgia for the C3/C4. "Wrap your ass in fiberglass!" was a cool slogan, but those were not good cars.

We had a "thrill hill" where I grew up. If you hit it at just the right speed (about 58 mph), you got a zero-G floating feeling and your unprepared passengers panicked and maybe even puked. ;)

Some dude in a '74 Vette hit the hill at about 70, and egg-shelled the entire body.

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I can't stand the C3's but I dont mind the C4. The later years of the model line were better IMO.

A friend had an 84 Vette with the dogshit Crossram intake. I kicked his ass with my stock mustang. He got pissed and had a pretty decent 383 built for it. I put nitrous on my mustang and kicked his ass again.

We had a great time building that car though.

Cap'n Mike

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the biggest problems with buying a EFI car pre OBD2 is having the tools to work on it

We still have an ancient OTC scanner with the "keys" for most domestic makes. I had to use it on a 92 Ford van a couple of weeks ago, the old EEC IV system.....
Back during the great recession when lots of Ford dealers were going out of business, I scored a ton of Factory tools and manuals off eBay for half nothing to work on my EECIV 1988 Mustang. This stuff is pretty neat, sometimes I think Im the only weirdo collecting it.breakoutbox2.jpgdiagnosticmanual.jpgdownload.jpgProbst book.jpgshopmanual.jpgstar.jpgsuperstar.jpgWireing diagrams.jpgWireing diagrams2.jpg
diagnosticmanual2.jpg

Attachments

appraiser

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Back during the great recession when lots of Ford dealers were going out of business, I scored a ton of Factory tools and manuals off eBay for half nothing to work on my EECIV 1988 Mustang. This stuff is pretty neat, sometimes I think Im the only weirdo collecting it.View attachment 377111View attachment 377112View attachment 377117View attachment 377118View attachment 377119View attachment 377120View attachment 377121View attachment 377122View attachment 377123
View attachment 377114

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the covid version of Jay Leno's Garage: just him, the camera, and the cars. I just watched last week's Tatra T87 episode, so this one made me LOL: "The teardrop is most efficient. Wide in the front, tapering in at the back. Back then, most cars were narrow at the front and wider at the back, very Kardashian-like."

Top Bottom