All Things Motors (Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Boats...)

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
It's not dumb. If you don't like it that's your bag. To each their own.
No, it's pretty dumb. It's unsafe, it destroys tires hilariously quickly, the cars scrape going over anything, the ride is ruined, the handling is ruined, etc. The pic above shows a street-driven FWD VW with an open diff - that's about as far as you can get from a drift car or even a sports car to be honest. The ONLY "sports" these stance boiz participate in is hard parking and seeing who can blow the biggest vape cloud. I don't have much of a problem with this idiocy when the cars are on air bags so they DON'T scrape or ride like crap but the majority of these aren't done properly like that.

The5thDentist

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
No, it's pretty dumb. It's unsafe, it destroys tires hilariously quickly, the cars scrape going over anything, the ride is ruined, the handling is ruined, etc. The pic above shows a street-driven FWD VW with an open diff - that's about as far as you can get from a drift car or even a sports car to be honest. The ONLY "sports" these stance boiz participate in is hard parking and seeing who can blow the biggest vape cloud. I don't have much of a problem with this idiocy when the cars are on air bags so they DON'T scrape or ride like crap but the majority of these aren't done properly like that.

So what? They didn't do it to your car. They did it to their car.

I thought we were all about the people's right to do whatever they effing want with their personal property?

Or does that have limits?

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
So what? They didn't do it to your car. They did it to their car.

I thought we were all about the people's right to do whatever they effing want with their personal property?

Or does that have limits?
I'm not trying to stop anyone from ruining their car, I was just explaining why doing that is, in fact, quite dumb. It's also an inconvenience for the rest of us who get stuck behind stanced cars doing 15mph on a highway ramp because there's a crack in the road, but I'll let that go.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
OK. First, they like the look. That's it.
And if you look at how car designers actually design cars, they always do the initial concept sketches with over-exaggerated wheels, camber and lowering.

Overdoing the camber helps drifters reduce the contact patch so they can break the grip easier.

And, in Germany, there are laws which make it illegal for tire tread to extend beyond the fender. So to get around this car guys came up with the idea of stretching the tire on the rim, and adding camber to angle the tire so the tread is in the fender. This is in lieu of adding flares or new fenders.

It's not dumb. If you don't like it that's your bag. To each their own.
90 out of 100 times lowering is completely f***ing retarded. Most people don't do it correctly, and even the ones that think they're doing it correctly are f***ing up the alignment geometry of the car. The other 10 times the cars are either bagged or at least some guy has put in parts and such to correct any f***ery that happened with their alignment.

Lowering a car is cool right up until the first time that you forget you've lowered the car and end up f***ing up the splitter by hitting a stop curb in a parking spot (which most cars will just hang over at stock ride heights) or have to go up or down a steep driveway.

-Mike

The5thDentist

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm not trying to stop anyone from ruining their car, I was just explaining why doing that is, in fact, quite dumb. It's also an inconvenience for the rest of us who get stuck behind stanced cars doing 15mph on a highway ramp because there's a crack in the road, but I'll let that go.

If that's the worst of your problems in life, consider yourself blessed.

The5thDentist

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
90 out of 100 times lowering is completely f***ing retarded. Most people don't do it correctly, and even the ones that think they're doing it correctly are f***ing up the alignment geometry of the car. The other 10 times the cars are either bagged or at least some guy has put in parts and such to correct any f***ery that happened with their alignment.

Lowering a car is cool right up until the first time that you forget you've lowered the car and end up f***ing up the splitter by hitting a stop curb in a parking spot (which most cars will just hang over at stock ride heights) or have to go up or down a steep driveway.

-Mike

Plus, progressive rate springs are garbage. They can ruin the spring buckets. And cutting the stock springs is the dumbest thing anyone can do.

ETA. I love the look, but I'm not doing it to this gorgeous girl.

IMG_20200130_140609.jpg

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
If that's the worst of your problems in life, consider yourself blessed.
You can keep reading whatever you like into my posts, I don't really care what bug is up your rear. The fact remains that stanced cars are idiotic the vast majority of the time. Come to think of it, lifted trucks are pretty stupid too. Do whatever you want to your Caddy, won't bother me one bit.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Plus, progressive rate springs are garbage. They can ruin the spring buckets. And cutting the stock springs is the dumbest thing anyone can do.

View attachment 329208
Nice!

IMHO the only reason to do it is to get rid of wheel gap, and that car doesn't look too bad stock, it's a tad better than what it is on my GS350 AWD, which sort of has atrocious
wheel gap. I had looked into lowering it slightly and determined it was just too much of a pain in the ass for too little benefit. With the fatter summer tires I have it conceals it a little bit, so
that was enough for me...

-Mike

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

View attachment 329208
That's one of the two colors for my replacement in a few years. That or gray. I just bought a '16 XTS FWD base model for my work car. I love it, but silver wouldn't have been my first choice. It fit the budget they gave me, and it's a ton of car for the money.

The5thDentist

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
You can keep reading whatever you like into my posts, I don't really care what bug is up your rear. The fact remains that stanced cars are idiotic the vast majority of the time. Come to think of it, lifted trucks are pretty stupid too. Do whatever you want to your Caddy, won't bother me one bit.

I'm just reading what you type and am responding.

Glad you don't make the car laws.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'm just reading what you type and am responding.

Glad you don't make the car laws.
For the third or fourth time: I haven't proposed a single law change. You're just as free to stance out your VW or lift your Wrangler as I am to say that it's dumb (for all the reasons I listed above).

TrashcanDan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Must be a lease deal or some kind of spectacular deal on lease trade ins for Mercedes.
I see a lot more now than several years ago, and 80% of that are those s.u.v. type.
Must be the new hot setup, like when eveyone and went out and got those Lexus s.u.v.'s. When you were guaranteed 30 or so of them in the same color in a 20 mile stretch.

The5thDentist

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
New Escalade revealed last night.
Suffice to say it's pretty sweet. GM let Cadillac go all out with this one.

Here's a quick video with great scenes and no narration.

garandman

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0

Probably means Subarus won’t be able to shut off electronic nannies anymore, and other measures designed to eliminate driving fun.
It could also mean Subarus will become more reliable and won't leak oil anymore.

Top Bottom