Alien Gear OWB Slide Holster big disappointment

thought I'd give one of these a try seeing new England weather gives us plenty of clothing
options for OWB carry , especially with something as small as a shield.
Pros:
The price is right on these things, and it was delivered within a week.
very comfortable
conceals great
can really wear it at almost any position comfortably.
did I say comfy
Cons:
I get that the backing on this thing is a "generic" so you can use multiple shells but that flexibility is what
kind of makes this holster un-usable with my shield.
I am only going to use this with my Shield, there is about 2 inches of leather below the bottom of the kydex
that we could do without (would help conceal even better if it was not there)
Which brings us to the the big problem. There is no clearance under the grip of my firearm to get a good clean draw. I will cut
the outsides of my middle and third fingers suing this holster. again one of the problems with the "swappable" shells.
A larger gun will no have this problem.
so it's going back, a warning to anyone that wants to try one of these with a shield or any other subcompact firearm.
You will have a clearance problem under the grip.[crying]
I've actually just found a video of a guy reviewing this holster with the exact same issue.
at about 4 minutes in he shows the issue.

I love th elooks of the StealthGear "Flex" but that price tag.........hard to swallow for a holster.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really despise the mounting system on the OWB as well. Strips of leather mounted to the back, no adjustment for the belt size and generally a crap system. The IWB is a more acceptable solution, but still not great.

Back
Top Bottom