• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Alien Gear just Released the 3.0

holster-front.jpg

Concealed carry holsters have never felt this good. Introducing the most comfortable, concealable gun holster on the planet. Any planet.
We have integrated both superior comfort and concealment within the Cloak Tuck 3.0. Crafted by a team of engineers, this holster backer consists of an all-new spring-steel core, ballistic nylon, and a soft layer of closed-cell neoprene for optimal comfort.

The Cloak Tuck 3.0 also features an upgraded thermo elastomer “Alien Skin” raised surface, which adds both durability and retention to the gun holster. This texture allows for years of hard use without breakage.

Our Cloak Tuck 3.0’s spring-steel core increases the overall durability and allows concealed carriers to feel the true strength of a concealed carry holster made right. As a product of thoughtful design, the wings of the holster have the ability to flex and form perfectly to the carrier’s waist.
http://aliengearholsters.com/cloak-tuck-3-0-composite-base.html

With the edition of the ballistic nylon, concealed carriers will feel the Cloak Tuck 3.0’s unmatched internal strength. This layer prevents the spring-steel core from puncturing the soft neoprene backing and adds to the overall toughness of the 3.0.
Our team has also upgraded the holster’s hardware, effectively reducing the amount of exposed nuts with a soft layer of neoprene. A pair of propell nuts fastened to each side of the hybrid holster base allows carriers to easily make adjustments to their 3.0’s ride height and cant.

The Cloak Tuck 3.0 is the only holster on the market that is as advanced and innovative as the gun it carries. Become a part of our evolution, and invest in the future of concealed carry for just $30.88.

Looks like swamp ass in the making. Without any breathe-ability in the summer that sucker would get slimy as a frog in heat. Think I will stick to a leather backer until they start using something other than neoprene to back these.

I had the 2.0 holster for my P938. Lets just say I wasn't impressed with it, It actually is a garbage holster that I wouldn't wish on someone I hate. It was cut all wrong, heck half of the firearm wasn't even on it. The thumb safety was falling off the backing pad, disengaging it. I had to re-locate the holes 1/2" forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive yet to get any swamp ass from mine, without a doubt the most comfy holster Ive ever owned.

Try the N8^2

The 2.0 is comfortable but doesnt feel like it would hold up too long. I wonder if this improved on that, they should take the 2.0s back in trade like they do the shells

Looks like swamp ass in the making. Without any breathe-ability in the summer that sucker would get slimy as a frog in heat. Think I will stick to a leather backer until they start using something other than neoprene to back these.

Do I dare ask how you know what a frog in heat feels like lol

Do I dare ask how you know what a frog in heat feels like lol

I grew up in NH, what do you think we shot at in the spring and how do you put m80's , alka seltzer, & smoke bombs in a frog if you don't grab it? Frog legs... They really do taste like chicken.

Ive yet to get any swamp ass from mine, without a doubt the most comfy holster Ive ever owned.

I agree. Works super for my full size XDm, with no horny frog feeling.

Hope the clips have changed since I almost sliced my fing on theirs. I'll pass

My 2.0 has plastic clips. They're less dangerous to the user, but I've replaced them once in 16 months because they were deformed. Cheap money for maintenance on a nice holster.

I have a 2.0 that I wear at 5 oclock. The only complaint i have is the end of the grip touches my skin, not the holster backing. Its a SW shield.

It's my first and only IWB holster so i have nothing to compare it to

I still like the brown leather 1.0 ones. I've been wearing a 1.0 leather for my G30 for almost 2 years. Needs an occasional clip tightening(on the c-clip holder screws). I'm with AM13, I'd like the springsteel between two pieces of leather.

These are cheap enough that I may give them a try. To the people who ended up not liking their holster, did the company stand by their return policy?

These are cheap enough that I may give them a try. To the people who ended up not liking their holster, did the company stand by their return policy?

The return policy is only good for 30 days, which starts when the order is placed not when you receive it. it took them almost a week and half to ship my holster, and then another two weeks bitching to them about the POS it was, then another week to send me the replacement shells. By that point, the 30 days was up and they kept urging me to try it out and get back to them. With that attitude, I will never get back to them, and I tell others the same as well.

I got a 2.0 for my usp. It was a pice of shit. The screws that held the kydex on keeped coming off. The kydex wasn't fully covering the trigger. It felt like some engineer saw a holster and said I can make it better.

I got a 2.0 for my usp. It was a pice of shit. The screws that held the kydex on keeped coming off. The kydex wasn't fully covering the trigger. It felt like some engineer saw a holster and said I can make it better.

Did you try using the longer screws in the hardware pack? Happened to me at first with two screws, swapped them out and haven't had trouble since.

Overall, I like the AG holster. It's reasonably comfortable and usually I forget it's there. No sweat issues, with or without a shirt in between. The neoprene is quite soft and comfortable. Also holds up to sweat well.
Only gripe is that it's pretty wide. I'm on the skinny side so it does wrap around me a bit. Wish it was more compact, helps when I wear slacks.

This made me think about another holster I'm curious about... Has anyone tried the Remora "carbon carry" yet? I have a few of their regular sticky tuck holsters, but that new hybrid looks pretty well made.

Sorry for the slight derail, but I didn't think the question warranted a separate thread...

I love my leather backed AG, very comfortable. Not a fan of neoprene personally. Have they done something to ensure the neoprene holds up to daily wear? Neoprene isn't exactly sturdy stuff in my experience.

You are probably using the wrong length screws. There is no way they can back off by themselves. There is too much resistance when the rubber spacers are compressed by the screws.

Back
Top Bottom