Alien Gear Holster - shipping time

CatSnoutSoup

NES Member
From some threads I had read here and around the web I figured there would be a week or more lead time for shipment of an Alien Gear holster order.

I was pleasantly surprised -- ordered Cloak Tuck 3.0 combo two holster deal on Monday the 26th and they were at my door on Saturday the 30th using their flat rate shipping. (USPS Priority Mail)

It should be noted that the two handguns I was fitting were an H&K VP9 and Ruger LC9S which are currently pretty common -- fits for less common guns might take longer.

As for the holsters the one for the LC9S was good to go as shipped. However, I think my excellent Triple K branded belt holster (Shop Ruger #50187) is going to remain my preferred method of carry when possible.

The Alien Gear for the VP9 had a little too tight of retention as shipped with 1/2" spacers, so I moved it out to 5/8" spacers and it will now take some fiddling.

Time will tell on how well I like the AG holsters, but for now I am please with the value of the two combo deal price, and the shipping time was very prompt.

NTA, I would say go for it and see what you think. They have a 30-day trail or return policy.

I wore the LC9S version most of the day, trip to the store, some general chores including lifting 50lb bags of calcium chloride -- it was very comfortable. I would still prefer my Triple K for its compactness, but for IWB it looks like you would not go wrong with the AG for comfort. Time will tell how the parts hold up, but they are suppose to have a lifetime warranty anyway.

I've got one AG holster that I use for my XDm full size. I really like it, has held up well for 2 years and should go for another 2 easily. The only bitch I have about them is that they don't have anything available for weapon mounted lights except for some CT stuff I believe. I'd order a shell for my XDm with TLR-1 in a hearbeat if they had it.

I borrowed a workmate's AG 2.0 holster to try it out for my G23 and loved it. Wore it all day and found it very comfortable. Will be ordering my own soon.

I've had the original for a few years and love it. Just ordered the 3.0 on Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had the original for a few years and love it. Just ordered the 3.0 on Friday

Blinky, on Monday I ordered the 3.0 as well. AG sent me an email that stated it would ship in 1-2 weeks because of the high volume of orders. Did you also get the same email?

I'm really happy with the Cloak Tuck 3.0 for the Glock 19. Took about 3 weeks from clicking "order" to on my waist, this was back in mid-September. About to order another one for a Glock 43 since I liked it so much. It's really comfortable and well made.

Last edited:
The shell for the G43 or a complete new holster set up?

Going to get a whole new rig so I don't have to swap shells. Also the compact and subcompact bases are different sizes. Doesn't really matter, but I would prefer the smaller base for the smaller glock.

I ordered the two holster combo for a SIG P320 and a full sized M&P 9mm. It took three weeks to arrive. I'm happy with the holsters, but they're a bit of a hassle to put on. Once on they're great for all day carry. For comfort while driving any real distance I go with my N82.

on Monday I ordered the 3.0 as well. AG sent me an email that stated it would ship in 1-2 weeks because of the high volume of orders. Did you also get the same email?

I got that email also, and yet it only took four days. I don't know what the factors were, common guns, timing, or what have you -- see my OP.

Good luck.

Just put an order in minutes ago for an OWB for my Kahr CW9. It was becoming a PITA to reholster at the range with my current IWB. Plus, I'm planning on qualifying on the"draw from holster" areas of our club. Hopefully have it by next weekend.

Just checked on my order. Should be getting it on Monday according to tracking. So 7 days from time I ordered.

One tip, when you get it, put some thread lock on the screws. In the couple weeks I have had it several screws have repeatedly worked themselves out. Already lost one. Luckily they give you a set of replacements.

I just picked up a Stealth Gear AIWB holster. It seems like the best of both words between an Alien gear hybrid and an N82. It's designed for appendix carry, but works anywhere on the waistband.

Good Costmer service. I bought a Cloak 2.0 for the Shiled when I had it. They misteknly sent me two holster a Cloak 2.0 and a 3.0. Called them to send one back, they said no keep it. The person just want to make sure the order number on the 2nd one was the same so if some else didn't get there's they could ship it out to them.

Just opened the package. Some first impressions. I ordered the OWB for my Kahr CW9. Retention was loosy- goosy right out of the bag. Luckily they come with spacers in 3 different sizes. After some trial and error, I sized down to the smallest size, and at about the tightest setting I could compress it to. It's adequate for my purposes now. Another thing, something that might work out after it's broken in, was that the slide release gets hung up on the top leather during re-holstering.

Other than that, it seems like a good fit. This time of year I'll wear mostly loose, untucked flannel shirts over a tucked in T-shirt, so I can use it as my primary concealed holster when going out.

Back
Top Bottom