Ali Osman: Family of Arizona man killed by police after he threw rocks at their patrol cars plans to sue for $85 million

If I were on the jury that family would have a better chance at hitting megabucks and the cops would be back at work on Monday....not that a jury has any say over what happens with their suspension. But they didn't do anything wrong.

If that's the case your correct however PSGWSP is in play here, had he not had flashbacks to Somalia and not thrown Rock's at the police car he would be alive.

That's the bottom line, prosecute the police without question but it isn't going to bring this kid back, he started this not them.

I bet they went back to arrest the guy for throwing Rock's at them and did the "he was a threat to our lives so we shot him"

There was a case in Massachusetts years back where a dirtbag had a rock and the cop hesitated to fire when he had him at gun point and then the guy threw the rock and killed the cop
Also depends on how the rock was thrown and a number of other circumstances i.e off a bridge and that kinda stuff

But yeah had he not done what he did he'd probably be alive today

This guy knows. They will steal anything that is not nailed down but lose their shit because you stepped on their dirty sandal they left in the hallway.

People subconsciously apply their Euro-centric/Judeo-Christian values to others and assume we all operate the same way. We DO NOT

If I were on the jury that family would have a better chance at hitting megabucks and the cops would be back at work on Monday....not that a jury has any say over what happens with their suspension. But they didn't do anything wrong.

Oh I'm thinking the plaintiff would prefer a bench trial. Judges are strange folk. There was this little greasy-spoon at the top of our street. It's a pre-existing, non-conforming lot. They sell to a developer that wants to put in a Dunks. It's a residential area. If you live in Taunton, you know where I live. LOL

So some neighbors go to court. I went to watch. It was in FR. I work in FR. It was a hoot.

They bring the Dunk owner - from Lon-Guy-Land and grill him for a while. Then they grill the people selling the land. It's a 2-day trial. (Judge, not a jury.)

At the end, the judge rules in favor of the neighbors. "Too busy. Can't do it. Not gonna happen." (And all of that is true.)

But that's NOT THE LAW! The law says, as long as the business has been in continuous use, it's a PENC lot. Period. Basically, STFU.

So they appealed and a year later teh Dunks was built.

A front-line judge will rule in the family's favor for some huge amount knowing that the appeals court will knock it down OR throw it out. There is no downside to him/her.

"There was a case in Massachusetts years back where a dirtbag had a rock and the cop hesitated to fire when he had him at gun point and then the guy threw the rock and killed the cop"

You are correct and it was only a few years ago in Weymouth I believe. Cop held fire, perp threw rock at Cop and hit him in head knocking him out and then grabbed his pistol and shot him dead in the street. Moral of story is don't throw rocks at cops.

"There was a case in Massachusetts years back where a dirtbag had a rock and the cop hesitated to fire when he had him at gun point and then the guy threw the rock and killed the cop"

You are correct and it was only a few years ago in Weymouth I believe. Cop held fire, perp threw rock at Cop and hit him in head knocking him out and then grabbed his pistol and shot him dead in the street. Moral of story is don't throw rocks at cops.

I posted the link to this story above. Officer Michael Chesna.

Back
Top Bottom